DanielleAVN

Oct 1, 2020
Killer7 Since its not possible anymore for us german steam users to get games like this on steam. Do you perhaps plan to sell steam keys for MNM any other way?

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Killer7 Since its not possible anymore for us german steam users to get games like this on steam. Do you perhaps plan to sell steam keys for MNM any other way?
I'm not sure, I might do that :D don't forget that the game will still be on itch.io and here etc and that steam will just be another way of supporting me ^^.

Kytronix

A New Level In Pleasure
Donor
Dec 17, 2019

Hello there you very wonderful and cute people out in the world!

Another week, another progress update. And a special one, as you can see!

But let's talk about 0.19 first. As some of you may have noticed I was able to release Beta 5 for 0.19 on the weekend. This means that the pre release for 0.19 will go live sometimes this week - and the public release ( hopefully ) as well! I already have the last day planned out so it shouldn't take too long to write ( hopefully ² ). I will make a post this week once I know the exact release dates.

And as I said in other progress updates, 0.19 is a good mix of stuff again. I think Day 5 will be the favorite of a lot of people because it involves a character that most of you seem to love the most. I plan to make the last day the most wholesome day of the update though!

Well, let's talk about My New Memories now, shall we? First, It would be amazing if you guys could add the game to your wishlist, even if you don't plan on buying it. Wishlisting helps me a lot! And as you can see there is also a little trailer attached to this weeks progress update. It was made by the amazing , the same one that helped me setting up the steam page etc. I'm currently about 3/4 done with making all the renders of the last day. I will also make a longer post this week to talk more about how I plan to launch My New Memories and what will be different compared to My New Family. Don't worry though, the game will still be free and Steam is just another way of supporting me ( the Steam version will have some extras though, like achievements etc ).

And I think thats it for this week. What do you guys think of the trailer? Feel free to share your feedback in the comments, even if you didn't like it! ! Stay tuned for the usual release post once I know when 0.19 is ready and most importantly, stay awesome!

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Honest critique of the MNM video.

I am not a fan of having the "story" text in the bottom right and then having some of it having to decipher before you can read it. The decipher is fine but the scene moves on way too fast on some of them so that you can't even read it, there is also a few times where flaring happens and makes it almost impossible to read.

The video feels too long and paradoxically the images go by too fast, felt like there was a handful of the images in there that were padding, an example would be the empty room image, or the girl who then had another of her in a different outfit right after.

The models looked good, until it is released I can't really see them in HD and be able to tell though, or compare them to others.

Not much info on the story, so unsure how similar or not to your other game it will be (humor/writing/etc.) for good or ill, but also how if you will excuse the statement, generic amnesia tale it might be (amnesia is one of the go-to story starters for adult games).

I am looking forward to it though.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Let's play a game of guessing which Memories character represents which New Family character. I'll go first. The black haired girl with horizontally stripped black and white shirt is gonna be Sandra.

P.S. Also, less lactating pls. I'm still recovering from PTSD after my favorite VN of all time

• Haha
Reactions: v1900

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Thank you guys so much for the feedback regarding the trailer. It's really cool to see that people are hyped for the game.

Honest critique of the MNM video.

I am not a fan of having the "story" text in the bottom right and then having some of it having to decipher before you can read it. The decipher is fine but the scene moves on way too fast on some of them so that you can't even read it, there is also a few times where flaring happens and makes it almost impossible to read.

The video feels too long and paradoxically the images go by too fast, felt like there was a handful of the images in there that were padding, an example would be the empty room image, or the girl who then had another of her in a different outfit right after.

The models looked good, until it is released I can't really see them in HD and be able to tell though, or compare them to others.

Not much info on the story, so unsure how similar or not to your other game it will be (humor/writing/etc.) for good or ill, but also how if you will excuse the statement, generic amnesia tale it might be (amnesia is one of the go-to story starters for adult games).

I am looking forward to it though.
Thank you for your critique as well! I agree that the amnesia stuff is pretty generic, especially recently there has been a few more of those games. But I also think that I'm taking a different route on this whole setting. I don't want to spoil too much but if you want then I can send you the link to the alpha version of My New Memory ( that is currently available for people on my discord ). It only contains about 15-20 minutes ( or the first ingame day ) of the full 0.1 but should already give you a good amount of information on how I want to do the amnesia stuff. I also posted this a few months ago in terms of the setting if you want to give it a read:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 250 Votes