aasguard

Jul 4, 2019
I can only make assumptions, but I'm guessing that Killer7 did this so that people with worse internet (or whatever is responsible) can download his product. For me, for example, Megaupload (and apparently only this provider) crashes at a certain size when downloading.
i know megaupload crashes if the size is above 3gb happened to me for a game last time but i got to 2.93gb and paused it then let it resume and it all downloaded for me must be the mega site in itself

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
i know megaupload crashes if the size is above 3gb happened to me for a game last time but i got to 2.93gb and paused it then let it resume and it all downloaded for me must be the mega site in itself
Definitely a problem with Mega. At least I haven't had this problem with other sites. I just ask myself the humorous question: What if Killer7 uploads the stuff so fragmented, so he can upload it himself without problems?

aasguard

Jul 4, 2019
Definitely a problem with Mega. At least I haven't had this problem with other sites. I just ask myself the humorous question: What if Killer7 uploads the stuff so fragmented, so he can upload it himself without problems?
might be a good idea i have been uploading stuff that is about 4gb or more to sharemods and i don't have problems with that as well but it just seems to be mega

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Regarding the two separate parts of the game:
At least Killer7 set up a system in order to port a save from one part to the other. So many others fail at that, requiring the player to answer question about what they had in the previous chapter., or just assuming a status.

If only more developers put that effort into a smoother transition between parts.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

aasguard

Jul 4, 2019
Regarding the two separate parts of the game:
At least Killer7 set up a system in order to port a save from one part to the other. So many others fail at that, requiring the player to answer question about what they had in the previous chapter., or just assuming a status.

If only more developers put that effort into a smoother transition between parts.
i agree Killer7 has a smoother way of doing it

Reactions: Dragon59

333Playing

Oct 15, 2019

Hello there you wonderful and very attractive people in the world!

Another week, another progress update!

As some of you may have noticed I was able to release beta 5 on sunday. That means pre release ( and after that, public release ) is next. I have to admit that the last week wasn't going very well for me though, so here is hope I can improve on it this week. Like usual, I'll announce the release date as soon as I know it.

So like I said, last week wasn't very good in terms of productivity. Writing was insanely difficult and I don't really know why. Still, I was able to make a very wholesome event on the fifth day of 0.20 and I plan another one like this on the last day of 0.20, finally asking a certain landlady a very important question. I want to go all out there again and I hope I can pull it off. We'll see!

While I wasn't very productive in terms of writing for My New Memories ( or My New Family to be fair ) I was productive in making renders. The complete morning is now finished and rendered out and the render you see here is one of the first day of the update. You will finally get to talk a little more with Bethany, promising her to visit her later that day as well. Though that visit will be more to talk someone else, a certain blonde girl that left pretty mixed impressions on the players. Anyway, the day will be extremely packed and I'm very confident that I will be able to release the first beta for My New Memories this month. So now I'll return to progress updates that contain actual ingame renders again, without spoiling too much. Oh, and I'm about 3/4 done with the script which is good news as well, I guess!

Once 0.20 is released for everyone I will take my usual one week break with the option to extend it for an additional week. I really don't want to burn out while working on My New Family so this might be the best, but I'm not sure yet. Anyway, break means that I'll work on My New Memories mainly and only work very slow on My New Family. But I'm not sure yet, I'll see how this work week goes. If I end up doing it I'll tell you wonderful people of course, even though it hurts me to say stuff like that. I love to work on my games and I feel bad if I'm not as productive as I want to be. But I guess taking a small break is better than burning out and not being able to work at all. Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted.

And I think that's it for this week. Stay tuned for the release date announcements for 0.20 and I see you guys on the next progress update! Stay awesome!

day9_bethanystandinkitchensmiletalk2.jpg

Last edited:

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Sounds good. The conversation with a certain blonde is urgently needed. Both have a lot to work on interpersonally.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Both the certain blonde and her brother need the conversation. In my opinion, she did not act out of ill will, but as I assess it and classify Killer7's style, she did the wrong thing for the somehow right reasons and crossed a line. And is far from being the bogeyman that many portray her as. Her brother also needs the talk, because the thing that happened has crippled the relationship between the two for years. I can imagine that one of the two simply gave a misunderstanding and between people who argue rather fiery emotional or rather logical emotional (John) it is predestined to blow up sooner or later. I speak from my own experience.

Since we are talking about blondes: A certain little blonde will be allowed to count on the corniest request from another main character.

Reactions: afterlights

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
This is just an assumption, but I suspect that if you help with Tanja and then later with her reject the relationship, that while she will not be as unkind as if you do not help her with Tanja, she will not really open up 100% either, because while the MC's role as a brother is important for her development, so is his role as her boyfriend, so that she manages to accept her body as it is.

So I assume that she will be nicer, but will be relatively little at home and as a result there will be no cat jokes from anyone (and she will not be sprayed by her mother with a spray bottle).

Last edited:
Reactions: aasguard
3.90 star(s) 250 Votes