Symphony of the Night

Despair has its own calms
Modder
Donor
May 19, 2017
Hi, I found the next bug:
When starting the Mafia: The Dragunovs part 2, exactly when it is needed to talk with Ivanna and she gives you Olenka to live in the new house, once you can start moving you are actually doing it with Ivanna and so it doesn't let you do other new events.
I leave three save files in the following moments:
-file18: right before talking with Ivanna.
-file19: after the event and appearing with Olenka in the new house, but walking with Ivanna as the leader.
-file20: after leaving Olenka in her room but still walking with Ivanna as the leader and the MC following her.
Thanks man, I will check it out, but when sending bug reports, pm me instead. So it dont get lost in the post thread. But I will certainly check it out later today (y)

Well hello there) No mods. Restarted the game. Part of the problem is that shift is both the button for running and hiding the interface, so when you run, you need then to press shift again to enable interaction. Rechecked yep, the shift can screw smartphone menu as well. Set the game to always run to stop using it. But the image loading error in face app is still reproducible and put you in the cycle of error and retry (the only option).
Have you installed the unofficial bug patch, check main page for the link. Yeah the shift button for hide menu is a bad choice on the dev part. I was going to change it to Ctrl but didnt as most were familiar with the shift by now.

Did they remove that ugly af ui yet?
In the pc cheat mod there is an option to turn it on or off to a very well done (excellent) transparent UI made by ganzback

Last edited:

Fresh2me

Dec 5, 2018
I suggest you guys to try out "A struggle with Sin" if you didn't already.
Models are kind of the same style, it already has a lot of content, didn't encounters bugs, gets updated frequently with a dev that communicate...
He uses polls to choose which characters gets content or not which may or not be a good thing but anyway, if you like MNL's models style and the kind of open world rpgm open world aspect, it's literally what you wish MNF was.

I mentionned some time ago that what allowed him to not deliver enough and still get support was that he kind of lacked competition in his kind of style, well it's definetly not true anymore.

LeoCarnage

Jan 12, 2022
I suggest you guys to try out "A struggle with Sin" if you didn't already.
Models are kind of the same style, it already has a lot of content, didn't encounters bugs, gets updated frequently with a dev that communicate...
He uses polls to choose which characters gets content or not which may or not be a good thing but anyway, if you like MNL's models style and the kind of open world rpgm open world aspect, it's literally what you wish MNF was.

I mentionned some time ago that what allowed him to not deliver enough and still get support was that he kind of lacked competition in his kind of style, well it's definetly not true anymore.
i started playing that game the beginning is interesting in the women in the game are hot as well but i would say a struggle with sin is more similar to Peasant's Quest than MNL

chunkas

Jan 29, 2018
The illusion of deception (excerpt from a conspiracy note on how not to succumb to the tricks of scammers-beggars)
OK. Of course we are all upset that a Beggar did not release the long-awaited update with Lucy at the end of this
month, as promised. But let's ask ourselves honestly: Did I really believe that a Beggar would not deceive me again and
fulfill his promise? Asked?
Well, well, well. Perhaps there are those who believed and hoped until the very end? There are such people! Severe case :rolleyes: Well, then from now on try not to forget the saying: If something happens twice, it will happen a third time.
And so let's get back to our main discussion question: Why haven't many devoted fans of a Beggar abandoned him YET? Do you have any ideas? Ok.
So, one of my main ideas is that he communicates with them using signs, hmmm, some conditional signals that they
understand well.
Alchemist.jpg
Unclear?
Ok, let's take a concrete example. Let's say from the last:
World Cup.jpg
So it became clearer? That is, his devoted fans do not pay attention to all that nonsense, all that Blah-Blah-Blah, which he writes to calm the bulk of the uninitiated. They just see the corresponding "signs"!
To be continued ...

QnotU

Dec 4, 2019
Honestly i think it's taking bagger so long because because all of us are bitching at the devs and that's making them frustrated
That is not an excuse for poor time management, broken promises, lackluster communication, and Beggar's often antagonistic demeanor with most of his audience.

All devs receive some amount of complaints, bitchy people, etc. yet none of them take it out on the audience like Beg does. Just recently, devs like Dr Pinkcake and What Why games came under fire due to the extended wait time for updates, and both of them addressed it in a professional, non confrontational way. They also do a better job at handling criticism leveled at them since they understand that it is constructive, and not personal.

Beggar does none of those things well that the other devs do. The only people he allows in his discord are the ones who kiss his ass and congratulate him for delivering an update months late, applaud his weeks, often months of no contact, and celebrate the broken messes that the updates are.

They should be frustrated that their updates suck, and their skill as a dev has gotten worse over time. Them being mad at people that actual want a quality product they are paying for is delusional, and frankly abominable.

Last edited:

chunkas

Jan 29, 2018
Honestly i think it's taking bagger so long because because all of us are bitching at the devs and that's making them frustrated
There's something in that, bro. After all, game dev's are creative natures with a subtle mental organization. After all, we all probably overreact too much. And imagine what happens if a Beggar gets offended and completely abandons the project? Oh, no!!! My beloved Lucy, I will never see you again :cry: I just drive such thoughts away from me.

Reactions: PJVF

Swalexxx

Dec 19, 2017
They should be frustrated that their updates suck, and their skill as a dev has gotten worse over time. Them being mad at people that actual want a quality product they are paying for is delusional, and frankly abominable.
While I can agree with most of what you said,
they're not actually paying for a product, they're paying to support an artist.

Just because you throw money in the hat doesn't entitle you to make demands.

Having said that he's clearly in way over his head, even before his health issues.
I still don't get why he gives himself these self imposed deadlines on updates.
Most devs just give a percentage update and only post a date when they know they can deliver.

Frankly, if at this point you still get upset at his antics I'mma call that a you problem.

• Haha
Reactions: chunkas

chunkas

Jan 29, 2018
He clearly planned to release the latest update with Lucy for the World Cup that is currently taking place. This is when talk about his "poor time management". Something went wrong as usual. On November 23, Spain defeated Costa Rica with a score of 7-0. Tomorrow is the game with Germany. Maybe he's just a devoted football fan? Then now he's definitely not up to the release of game.

QnotU

Dec 4, 2019
While I can agree with most of what you said,
they're not actually paying for a product, they're paying to support an artist.

Just because you throw money in the hat doesn't entitle you to make demands.

Having said that he's clearly in way over his head, even before his health issues.
Most devs just give a percentage update and only post a date when they know they can deliver.

Frankly, if at this point you still get upset at his antics I'mma call that a you problem.
I see where you are trying to come from, but your argument doesnt hold water.

People are paying to support an artist, or in this case a dev, yes. However, if the developer doesnt meet expectations, or starts making a product that people do not like, then that developer runs the risk of losing their audience. It has happened several times before (coughcoughicstorcoughcough). Its the same idea as the famous saying "don't bite the hand that feeds you". Asking someone to do the bare minimum as a developer, and communicate with their audience, deliver updates when they say they are going to, and not be an asshole is not a "demand".

I do absolutely agree that he needs to stop giving deadlines that he cannot meet. I, and a lot of people here, understand that delays happen due to unforseen circumstances. With Botn, these circumstances are constant.

Finally, at this point I am not even really bothered by not getting the update. If anything I am more pissed that Beggar had the audacity to put censored sex scenes in the files as a middle finger to his audience. To this day, I have not seen an adult developer disrespect their audience in the way that he has.

3.00 star(s) 138 Votes