Archminator

Jan 6, 2018
The only time I've seen that is when you run "game.exe" from within "%DEFAULT FOLDER%". The game does not like the '%' characters in the path. That's why the instructions tell you to move the extracted files and delete that folder.
Ugh! How Stupid of me... x.x now it works finly.. Thanks Dood.. xD

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
Can someone explain why it wont let me extract the files?
"It" he says. Like we're magically supposed to know which archive application he is using. :rolleyes:

However, it looks like a 7Zip dialog. Update your 7Zip to the latest version. Both the distributed and modded archives work just fine with the latest.

No1Important

Jan 14, 2018
"It" he says. Like we're magically supposed to know which archive application he is using. :rolleyes:

However, it looks like a 7Zip dialog. Update your 7Zip to the latest version. Both the distributed and modded archives work just fine with the latest.
Dont you know......MAGIC IS REAL!!!! And yes it is 7Zip, sorry im not very tech savy :oops:. Thanks BTW that fixed the problem and now im just a little smarter than I was before because of it. Now I went from the IQ of a rock to single cell organism :eazyHype:.

E

edv

Hey guys got some problems with the game:
I got the job at Amaria Goods, changed variable to 24, worked for one more day and the next day when I enter her shop, no one is there. Tried changing the variable to 25 and she still isn't there.

Also I have experienced some game crashes during sex scenes (Ms Taylor, Marge, Prostitute). Game crashes with some text error width = null. Can i fix that?

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
Hey guys got some problems with the game:
I got the job at Amaria Goods, changed variable to 24, worked for one more day and the next day when I enter her shop, no one is there. Tried changing the variable to 25 and she still isn't there.

Also I have experienced some game crashes during sex scenes (Ms Taylor, Marge, Prostitute). Game crashes with some text error width = null. Can i fix that?
Did you work day 1 and go through the introduction scene with Amaria and Tyna. What you describe can happen if you skipped that.

The crashes can happen with the packed game executable. seems to help.

mak123

Jun 27, 2017

COUSIN MINDY:

- Complete all Brenda breack missions
- Then visit your aunt Maggie's house, she'll be at the door waiting.
- Go to the comic strip store in the neighborhood and order the costumes, go home and sleep, look
at the scene.
does anyone know where is the comic strip store? can only find comic store!thanks

E

edv

Did you work day 1 and go through the introduction scene with Amaria and Tyna. What you describe can happen if you skipped that.

The crashes can happen with the packed game executable. seems to help.
Problem with Amaria solved, I used a save that had this quest done already :)

I am using the packed game, gonna try the solution you provided, thank you!

@Edit:
It seems that I can't unpack this file, I downloaded this enigma unpacker and when I choose the file and click unpack, the program freezes and nothing happens. Any help?

E

edv

Okay I unpacked the game, moved the files and deleted the folder with % in its name. I run game.exe and the game doesn't start - just an empty window opens with white background. What am I doing wrong?

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
Okay I unpacked the game, moved the files and deleted the folder with % in its name. I run game.exe and the game doesn't start - just an empty window opens with white background. What am I doing wrong?
The only time I've seen that happen is when the "game.exe" is being run from inside the "%DEFAULT FOLDER%" that was created by the unpacker. The game does not like the '%' characters in the path. That's why the instructions say to move the files out of that folder.

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
COUSIN MINDY:

- Complete all Brenda breack missions
- Then visit your aunt Maggie's house, she'll be at the door waiting.
- Go to the comic strip store in the neighborhood and order the costumes, go home and sleep, look
at the scene.
does anyone know where is the comic strip store? can only find comic store!thanks
(from the link on the OP, not the one included with the game):
  • Section 16: Brenda
    18. Go to your Aunt Maggie's house in Midtown. You will arrive on the upstairs floor where you can find your cousin in the room on the Southwest corner. She will offer to give you a lock of her hair if you get her some cosplay costumes she wants.
    19. Head to Commercial Neighborhood in the afternoon and visit the comic store. Speak with Shasha and she will sell you the costumes for $200.
    20. Return to Aunt Maggie's and tell Mindy that you ordered the dresses and they are on the way. She will then give you the hair.​
I have no idea where you got the instructions to visit a "comic strip store" but they're wrong in so many ways. Use the walkthrough.

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
Game runs faster when unpacked simply because it doesn't have to unpack content when you're playing it...
The packed format was designed for exactly the opposite effect. It should run faster packed and most games do. The way the developer does animations seems to interfere with that.

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
The latest version of 7Zip works just fine.
Yeah, maybe, but how many complaints have you seen about 7zipped packs? WinRar have never failed for me so far (knocking on wooden table). So guess why I always promote something working ;)?

The packed format was designed for exactly the opposite effect. It should run faster packed and most games do. The way the developer does animations seems to interfere with that.
Yes they do usually. Maybe it have something to do with BoN's combination of graphics and RPGM? Because in most cases I have seen those two don't work together as good as MNL works. But anyway this is MNL and MNL is different...

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
Yeah, maybe, but how many complaints have you seen about 7zipped packs? WinRar have never failed for me so far (knocking on wooden table). So guess why I always promote something working ;)?
Not maybe: tested and definitely.

RAR is a proprietary commercial archive format and, as such, should never be used. I would much rather see distributions in an open specification format, like 7z, so that there can be no future problems with licensing or held-back public specification releases. For an example of the horror show this creates, just look up what the GIF format did to the Internet before PNG was widely accepted.

E

edv

@partanen and DuDraig - thanks for the help guys! Got the game running.

Another question however - is there a 1.4 walktrough? I did some stuff with Maria's computer and I am supposed to contact Nesrot, where is he? I checked the Hornet Pub at night and he is not there.

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes