horsemanuk

Feb 21, 2018
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘Width’ of null.

I’m going to try to consolidate responses here and hopefully at the least we’ll have a single reference to point people to the next time (100 Times?) this is asked.

This is not a bug that the developer of the game has caused. As such no matter how much we complain about it he won’t be able to fix it. The game is built using RPGMaker MV and this error seems to be a core code error with the coding framework. The best I can tell, from all the information gathered, it is a problem loading up resources in the game. Most likely the internal code to load a resource like a picture or sound effect is on one thread but the code used to manipulate the resource is on a separate thread. The threads get out of sync and the resource is not ready yet when the code is trying to access it.

There have been numerous suggestions to alleviate this issue. Some work for one person while others don’t. Try them all and see what works for you.

- press and hold the up key on your keyboard as the animation starts and during
- if you are in full screen mode, change to windowed mode.
- if you are in windowed mode change to full screen mode.
- change the screen refresh rate in your computers display settings to 60hz
- use enigmavbunpacker to unpack the original executable of the game into open directories (or find an already unpacked version to download)
- open up your task manager when the game is running and change the processing priority of the application to above normal
- if you have a seperate video card with gpu then force the application to run on gpu instead of cpu.

If anyone has any other suggestions I missed let me know and I can edit this post to add it.
Just thought i'd mention in case useful to anyone. I dont know whether since the post, this has been solved (I didnt really have to time to scan through every thread page to make 100% sure). I was having major issues with this error, occurring on virtually every interactive scene and particularly on the Laura scene in the bathroom (which has three stages), the third stage would always crash with this error. After trying pretty much all of the above nothing definitely worked as a fool proof workaround.

So after spending nearly half a day trying to work around this error, decided I had to try something out. I downloaded the modded version of the game and transferred over my saves and its worked perfectly since, none of these errors, the game is running much smoother and never encountered this error since (the modded version even seems to take up less of my systems CPU to function).

Dont know whether the modder had isolated the problem during modding and fixed it in their version? (I really dont know enough about coding to be able to say, just a guess. Although I did read on a coding forum while trying to search out a fix that the crux of the matter with this is having the <script> tag at the very end of the <body> as "You're importing your script before the browser has had a chance to parse the document body"). Anyway just thought id mention it to anyone whos been really frustrated by this error, probably worth playing the modded version for now.

horsemanuk

Feb 21, 2018
Another thing if someone can help out with. I'm trying to do the gang quest, i'm up to the point where Nesroth has told me to get Maria's computer. When I go to her room and click the pc, it just keeps saying 'I need to talk to Maria', but whenever I talk to her I just get standard dialogue basically telling me to go away??? Im I missing something, I progressed the Amy line to completion and the dad line to point 9, choose not to tell Maria the truth (my objective is to join the Warrens), did I make a mistake is it imperative to tell Maria the truth in order to progress the story later down the line for the gangs?

actiontime01

Oct 6, 2017
I talk to ROSALVA at the school message appears telling me to prepare the toilet first, I go to the toilet it told me to find the saw in the basement , I go to the basment I cant find the saw. I know it should be locaated in the white cabine but I cant find it . any help ?!

TurtleStew

Feb 14, 2018
i have 2 maria in weekend morning the one was in the home which is u cannot start a conversation and the other one was in the beach and telling to leave me alone :noexpression:)
Try going to Otter Laboratories at any weekday in the morning before school. Maria should be waiting there I think.

horsemanuk

Feb 21, 2018
Try going to Otter Laboratories at any weekday in the morning before school. Maria should be waiting there I think.
If I go and see Maria at Otto Labs at any time before or after school she tells me, to get my ass to school and the game gets stuck in a loop of 'class what class, what class do you think, get your ass to school!'

S8tern

Nov 2, 2017
Do you play the modded game or the original? If you play the original i suggest to download Firebne's modded game, or post your save here to play the part that game freeze and give it back to you after.
i play the original, and i have not even heard of the modded game, anyways, yes i can give you my save, i just want to get past this issue, maybe even to the point past the lab stuff, cause i think i saw someone say its bugged also, so much appreciated, here it is ...

Mistress_Kixen

Engaged Member
Jun 12, 2017
I don't know about everyone else but with what is going to happen with update 1.5 I have a gut feeling that old saves won't be able to be transferred to the newer version and all new ones are going to be needed.

Kertug

Oct 3, 2017
i play the original, and i have not even heard of the modded game, anyways, yes i can give you my save, i just want to get past this issue, maybe even to the point past the lab stuff, cause i think i saw someone say its bugged also, so much appreciated, here it is ...
I am sorry but it seems your save is broken and i can't help you :(

Vampira

Nov 24, 2017
I don't know about everyone else but with what is going to happen with update 1.5 I have a gut feeling that old saves won't be able to be transferred to the newer version and all new ones are going to be needed.
Considering just how big the game is and how grindy some of it is, if my old saves don't transfer, then I probably won't spend a couple of weeks working my way back through it.

Reactions: horsemanuk

horsemanuk

Feb 21, 2018
Hi !
I found the ferrest but i don't find the flower ?
plz help ty
From walk-through:
"
a. Once inside the woods take the first right and follow this path North past a large tree. Continue north (walk past the path on your right) until you pass some animal bones (you will need to come back for these later). You should come to a section where you can continue to go North or go left to head to the West. Take the left path and you should see a man in a gas mask by the fire.
b. Talk with the guy in the gas mask and he will steal your money and run. This gas mask guy has appeared before and will probably have significance in a future part of the story so run into him when you can.
c. After the gas mask guy steals your money, continue going West along the path. Past the next large tree until you run into a river with a bridge. Cross the bridge and then turn right to head north from the bridge. Continue following this northern path until you find the Aruna flower."

Reactions: rsneto

horsemanuk

Feb 21, 2018
Considering just how big the game is and how grindy some of it is, if my old saves don't transfer, then I probably won't spend a couple of weeks working my way back through it.
It would be crazy if saves from 1.4 cant transfer to 1.5, as you say the game is very grindy, especially without the adjust time feature that the modded version has. I doubt id waste another week starting over the 1.5 version if my saves cant carry through.

I do like the game but one thing that is irritating me in particular is the way in which you have to play through a specific way in case you ruin other story paths by choosing the wrong option. There seems to be no latitude for just playing and enjoying the game without following the walk through very specifically and being sure you are making the 'right' choices. I'd gone through 17 hours and then released id made a wrong choice and screwed the path of the gang quests just because id ended the Maria story path (but logically if I wasnt interested in joining the gang Maria works for, how was I to know I needed her path open to even join one of the other gangs? The path links are sometimes crazy).

horsemanuk

Feb 21, 2018
Guys... Amy don't drop her keys and I need the keys to enter her room... What I do?
When you talk to her in the basement, when she leaves the room she should leave her purse on the floor, the keys are inside the purse. You then get a timer to get to the weapon store in old quad to make a copy of them before she returns to the basement. Make sure you save when the timer starts because if you screw up you'll loose both her key and the copy.

Reactions: rsneto

rsneto

Feb 28, 2018
When you talk to her in the basement, when she leaves the room she should leave her purse on the floor, the keys are inside the purse. You then get a timer to get to the weapon store in old quad to make a copy of them before she returns to the basement. Make sure you save when the timer starts because if you screw up you'll loose both her key and the copy.
That's the problem... She don't leave anything! I did the quest without see a WT and when i see the WT i realized i did the quest wrong. can I restart the quest or get the key another way?

I already saved the game :(

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes