4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Ok, played the game for the first tyime yesterday, all the way through the current release from start to end.

Going to Spoiler this entire section because I am not going to parse out the story elements from the thoughts about them.

Thoughts...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Killer7

LinusMundane

Jun 30, 2022
Ok, played the game for the first tyime yesterday, all the way through the current release from start to end.

Going to Spoiler this entire section because I am not going to parse out the story elements from the thoughts about them.

Thoughts...
I understand your concerns, but for me, the way K7 writes these stories, is exactly what I am looking for in an AVN. Their other work, My New Family is also amazing(more so, IMO) but you will probably have the same concerns over the issues you have in this one. It's just how they write, I don't think wholesome is the right word, because of the content, but its the best word I can use. You should definitely check out MNF though, if you haven't and if you liked MNM.

Edited because i realized i was assuming some things.

Last edited:

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020

Thoughts...
It's a K7 original, don't expect any heavy drama or conflict, not his style (thank god!).

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I know what is being used

But he made a long post ostensibly about this game and references HS2

Maybe HE does not know what is being used.

Which is why I asked.
Which is what I was referring to, that he seemed to think that MNM is being made with HS2

xs6trix

May 25, 2021
I have just finished playing the v0.3 update.
I am happy with how everything has progressed so far.
I like that the MC made more progress with his memories and family.
I look forward to future development between the MC and Bethany.
The situation with Mike is more of a minor side thing for me.
I look forward to the resolution, but I am more focused on the MC interacting with his family.
I like that you added optional ladies the MC can have an encounter with.
I got a two saves now, one with the optional ladies and one without.
Anyway thanks for the hard work on making this update.
Looking forward to the next one.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019

Thoughts...
Thank you for your feedback! Like some people pointed out here, I'm using DAZ3D, not HS2 for MNM. And what people also said here is that I'm not a drama kind of guy. While there will be some tense moments ( like the ones with Jessica or the whole stuff with Mike ), I will always make sure that it doesn't become too much and that the player doesn't feel bad because something might happen to one of the girls. Just not my cup of tea, I guess. It's unneeded drama in my opinion and since I tell a story that is about wholesome family loving ( as wholesome as that can be, I guess ) , I'm not gonna aim for some big conflict or antagonist thing. I know that Mike kinda is like that, but not to an extreme case, I guess.

Edit: If I say I guess one more time, Shoot me.

Last edited:

Disco911

Jan 2, 2020
anyway to edit ages of daughters to make more realistic?
I understand the reasoning but wondering if maybe a mod or we can edit script? I didnt see anything

Oct 22, 2017
anyway to edit ages of daughters to make more realistic?
I understand the reasoning but wondering if maybe a mod or we can edit script? I didnt see anything
I presume you want to make them younger?
In the story they have jobs, are self-employed to be more specific.
But the overall point still stands.

So with the possibility to adjust their ages to younger, you would break the story.
You would definitely need a mod that actually alters the script and dialog, or do so yourself, no easy variable editing/"change every 18 to x" thing.

Besides they don't act younger besides in some scenes maybe? - and I can tell you, if I and my siblings meet - alone or with family, we all tend to fall back into behaviors we had when still living together. It's actually human, to tie in with what we know/remember, even if it is from years back and nowhere fitting the individual developments, so I don't think with their family dynamic it is that farfetched they preserved some of their behavior - they just never felt the need to become different.
And if it is just their size - I had a teacher once, she was 1,48m/4"9', sixty and may have been reduced in age by you some decades earlier if it was a game? K7 also mentioned his mother is around 1,48.

Last edited:

Kytronix

A New Level In Pleasure
Donor
Dec 17, 2019

Hello there you attractive and wholesome people out in the world!

Another week, another month, another progress update!

It feels good to work on My New Family again. Like some of you may remember, the next chapter is the last "normal" update, before we get the timeskip. My plans didn't really change, just that this update will probably be the biggest so far in terms of content. Think of it like Chapter 9 was ( 0.14 ), it had roughly one extra ingame day in terms of content - even though it was still "only" 6 days in the world of My New Family. There are so many things you will do with the girls before they take their break - It starts with Sandy and you visiting Kiara to finally find out if you get twins. It continues with a wonderful afternoon/evening/night back at home with little Alice... And so on. Not going to spoil too much, even though its only the first day, but you can also expect some fun with Elaine, Mary and Becca. All the girls that didn't get the amount of content they deserved will get more this update - on top of the girls that get a lot of content ( Lucy, for example ) getting their usual ( or even more ) amount as well. I don't plan to make this very important update "half-assed". I'm not in a rush to end My New Family and if the time comes, I want all of you to feel good about it. You probably all know the perfect ending already and I plan to deliver on it. I read a lot of comments regarding other finished games and the common stuff was always that it felt rushed, so I can promise you this won't happen here.

Theres also going to be some more "smaller" changes coming with chapter 18. Or rather, not changes, but more variety of things, I guess. I want to amp up the visuals a little ( better lighting ) and give the girls a few different set of clothes - That is more of a pet peeve of mine, making sure the girls are not wearing the same things every day. Has been a while since I've done that, so they all deserve some new clothes by now.

Now, just a little note regarding My New Memories. Usually I don't have to make that many notes regarding events that will happen in my games. But for the end of Chapter III I actually mapped the whole thing out already - with little notes and all that stuff. I had the plan for the end of this chapter in my head since I started working on the game, so this will be something very special for me. I also have some of the events for the chapter after this planned out, but for the rest I will stick with what I usually do - I make it up as I work on it. I know that sounds weird, but thats how I work best, getting spontanous ideas for events and then making them. And I think so far it worked out!

Todays render is a little oktoberfest inspired ( since that will happen this month ). Just Lina and Sophie wearing a Dirndl, Lina drinking a beer and Sophie drinking some pink bubble tea ( Pumpkin is a little weird ).

And I think thats it for now. The first beta(s) for My New Family will release this month, I plan to give you guys at least two, but we'll see how it goes! Thank you guys for your continuous support, really! Stay awesome!

venomousgamer

Jul 3, 2020
0.3 version played

So I finished this update in one sitting and as I do my MNF I would eagerly await the new update. Unlike other people, I have no issues reading through the lines of dialogues, and that is one of the things I love about MNF so Killer7 totally delivered in that regard. I like the character models this time around as they are much more realistic. I know we can't rush perfection so buddy take your time but release the next chapter soon so that I could continue the adventure.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Killer7

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Just Lina and Sophie wearing a Dirndl, Lina drinking a beer and Sophie drinking some pink bubble tea (Pumpkin is a little weird)
That's probably the "crazy German" genes at work.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
I know what is being used

But he made a long post ostensibly about this game and references HS2

Maybe HE does not know what is being used.

Which is why I asked.
Yes I made a long post on my impressions and got HS2 and DAZ confused. Please continue to discredit the entire resdt of the post based on that, which is a bit what seems to be implied you were doing. If you weren't planning to be anally nit-picky from that one tiny thing in a very large post then that's good.

Reactions: venomousgamer
May 27, 2017
Great update, things are progressing well with everyone. Previous update was out last November, hope the next one doesn't take as long. I love this VN, even more than MNF I think, so the long wait times for updates are saddening. But you can't rush creative projects like this, or they lost the spark that make them so likeable in the first place.

Thank you Killer7, for giving us this wholesome and endearing story. Hope things are going well with you, and wish you and yours the best of luck and good tidings! :D(y)

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Thank you for your feedback! Like some people pointed out here, I'm using DAZ3D, not HS2 for MNM. And what people also said here is that I'm not a drama kind of guy. While there will be some tense moments ( like the ones with Jessica or the whole stuff with Mike ), I will always make sure that it doesn't become too much and that the player doesn't feel bad because something might happen to one of the girls. Just not my cup of tea, I guess. It's unneeded drama in my opinion and since I tell a story that is about wholesome family loving ( as wholesome as that can be, I guess ) , I'm not gonna aim for some big conflict or antagonist thing. I know that Mike kinda is like that, but not to an extreme case, I guess.

Edit: If I say I guess one more time, Shoot me.
Thanks for the response!

Already posted that I was confused on HS2 vs DAZ since the models were much better in MNM vs MNF (which I played for the first half dozen releases then real-life squashed rthings and I got too far behind and not a major fan of HS eitrher..), but appreciate your comments.

To clarify I am not in favor if artificially injecting drama or conflict where none is needed, ala having soeone die in a series, story or whatnot to add "depth" like some commentors feel is needed for anime forr example. Just conflict of some sort is more or less what drives stories forward in some capacity. That could be that inter-personal disagreements that have to be worked out, sudden life changes (good, bad or neutral, just things that have to be adapted to) or any number of things, but just curious where things will go long term.

A story without something that the characterrs have to adapt to is like getting a game you love to play, then giving yourself infinite money, resources, god-mode, etc and then playing. There is no fire, no sense of acomplisjment, etc.

In any event, not to get repetitive, I enjoyed the story, although I won't deny that at some points the utter happiness of the story did cause a bit of teeth-gnashing and personal jealously, mainly in the form of the fairytale life where everything perfectly fdell into place and how that vast, vast, vast majority will never achieve anything close to that sense of togetherness or happiness. This is much like having watched any Hallmark movie ever where the main concept of the story is if you don't find someone in high school, college (basically by 25), have to break up for one reason ot another, and then reconnect after 5-10 years then you are forever screwed at ever finding any positive relationshipship happiness. And there are a shit-ton of single people over 25 this pretty much auto-excludes. :unsure:

Looking forward to the next adventures of "deleriously happy man" to see where things go next. ;)

EDIT: Calling it now, by Jan 1 in game world, 50% or more of the family will all be pregnant by the MC...:p

4.50 star(s) 154 Votes