4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

BigBlob69

May 4, 2022
Could someone give me the lowdown on what's been happening with the dev? I know nothing other than the update just above this.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Could someone give me the lowdown on what's been happening with the dev? I know nothing other than the update just above this.
Someone reported him for something* he didn't do, causing all his primary equipment to be seized in a raid. Pretty much can't properly work on MNM graphic elements until he gets specific equipment back.

*a crypto scam

Last edited:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Someone reported him for something he didn't do, causing all his primary equipment to be seized in a raid. Pretty much can't properly work on MNM graphic elements until he gets specific equipment back.
Should probably mention it's accusations of a crypto scam before people's imaginations run wild thinking it's some kinda Westy thing

BigBlob69

May 4, 2022
Someone reported him for something he didn't do, causing all his primary equipment to be seized in a raid. Pretty much can't properly work on MNM graphic elements until he gets specific equipment back.
Yeah I read the post and it's fucked... I mean it is very improbable, and I don't know anything about him, but I believe him because it would be an insane lie to make up. I suppose he must have made a serious enemy. I would have thought it could be to do with the in my opinion inappropriate nature of some of the girls in his games, but he says the framing was about crypto bullshit.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
If it was about the girls in my games ( or anything those regards in general ) I would probably not sit here right now, I'd be looking at different kind of walls ( with some iron bars in front of them ).

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
If it was about the girls in my games ( or anything those regards in general ) I would probably not sit here right now, I'd be looking at different kind of walls ( with some iron bars in front of them ).
Have you checked if you're safe about this, just to be sure?

It's not comfortable to touch on this subject, I like your games, and I hope nothing happens, but you know what I mean, that 'little one' from MNF is too young for my taste, are you sure it's 'legal' in your country?

As a fan I hope you check this out just to make sure you're safe, it doesn't hurt to check.

Other fans, please don't attack me for expressing my concern. (I don't need answers.)

Paerun Cru'Av

Nov 8, 2022

It's not comfortable to touch on this subject, I like your games, and I hope nothing happens, but you know what I mean, that 'little one' from MNF is too young for my taste, are you sure it's 'legal' in your country?

As a fan I hope you check this out just to make sure you're safe, it doesn't hurt to check.

Other fans, please don't attack me for expressing my concern. (I don't need answers.)
There shouldn't be any reason for concern, all characters are above 18yo.

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019

Germany is very linient when it comes to 3d/2d arts, so even if they think someone looks too young, they can't do anything about it. ( Lolicon is basically legal here, according to some weeb forums ). Besides, the games are on platforms like Patreon, Itch.io and in My New Memories case, on Steam. Steam has by far the most strict rules when it comes to underage looking girls.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Germany is very linient when it comes to 3d/2d arts, so even if they think someone looks too young, they can't do anything about it. ( Lolicon is basically legal here, according to some weeb forums ). Besides, the games are on platforms like Patreon, Itch.io and in My New Memories case, on Steam. Steam has by far the most strict rules when it comes to underage looking girls.
But some of the LI's in MNM look to be under 18!!!!

yeah, yeah......i know i'm not funny.........

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I would not pay attention to such sources. Has for me the same sound as when streamers wonder why they have to pay taxes for "donations" but would be declared as income from self-employment for streamers, which in turn requires a registration of a trade, the appropriate tax class, etc..

Is somewhat off topic, but I just wanted to emphasize that

a) such statements by laymen contain dangerous half and pseudo knowledge.
b) it is always funny when such laymen get mail from the IRS. -> Every time I hear such stuff I get a good chuckle and cry a bit laughing my butt off.

Killer7

Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I would not pay attention to such sources. Has for me the same sound as when streamers wonder why they have to pay taxes for "donations" but would be declared as income from self-employment for streamers, which in turn requires a registration of a trade, the appropriate tax class, etc..

Is somewhat off topic, but I just wanted to emphasize that

a) such statements by laymen contain dangerous half and pseudo knowledge.
b) it is always funny when such laymen get mail from the IRS. -> Every time I hear such stuff I get a good chuckle and cry a bit laughing my butt off.
Nah, I checked it myself and when its 2d/3d germany isnt like australia. As long as its very obvious its 2d/3d.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Oh come on don't pout, I just meant that your renders aren't so good that they look like real life pictures which is a good thing considering what you are developing ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: pgm_01 and Killer7

Kytronix

A New Level In Pleasure
Donor
Dec 17, 2019

Hello there you super cute and extremely wholesome people!

Another week, another progress update!

I received an email from my lawyer ( after I asked last week on an ETA or an option to increase the whole process ) and the answer I received was...Nothing new, sadly. He told me that "normally", it takes a few months to get your hardware back. It can be weeks, but his experience is more like months and there is no way to accelerate the progress. I will have a phone appointment with him this week though to talk about possibilites, because it will be seven weeks now that my stuff got confiscated and we should at least have access to the case files by now ( hopefully ). I will keep you guys posted regarding this shit situation. That is of course not a final solution and while I'm still figuring things out, I know what I will do if november doesn't bring any news. Like I said a few times, I really appreciate you guys supporting me through these times, even if it means waiting for an update for My New Memories even longer, but I don't feel good in receiving money during these times. I will tell you guys what I do once those days are coming up. Don't worry though, no matter what happens, I will continue to write stuff for Chapter 4. And as soon as I get my ssds back ( I really hope they check them first ) I can order a new computer and start rendering immediately. It's just a matter of - you gussed it - time...

Just a heads up, the pre-release will be ready tonight or rather, early tuesday morning if you are from Europe. I know I promised it for the weekend, but some stuff happened. I don't have an exact time yet, but it will be in the next 5-6 hours at max! Once the pre-release is posted, I will make another post tomorrow to tell you about the public release. Keep in mind that while this is the Epilogue of My New Family, it won't be fully "completed" yet, since I want to merge both versions ( 0.14 and then 1.0 ) into one version for Windows, Linux and MAC users, so you don't need two parts anymore. I have no idea how long it will take to do that, though, since I initially planned to work with my regular versions of My New Family. I'll keep you guys posted on that. I'm really sorry it's taking so much longer than I initially planned, I know that a lot of shit is going on for me at the moment, but I feel like that should not be an excuse anymore. Working on My New Family keeps me distracted to think about "What happens if...", so I should have done more. I hope that once you guys play the epilogue it will make up for the extremely long waiting time ( 0.23 for MNF released in december 2022 and writing that hurts ).

Thank you for the kind words on the lewd render with Bethany as well! I knew seeing her naked was a sight a lot of us missed, so making a render with her was a lot of fun. Like I said in the lewd render post, this week I will put Sabrina and Bethany in one render. Making these renders helps me kinda refocus on what is important and it really makes me feel a little better that I can "at least" work with those two models.

Lastly, I made a "normal" render with Bethany again. Since I can redownload all the assets I used for My New Memories except the character models ( and the main house, since I changed that up a bunch ), I can at least do a little work with the assets I have. So making stuff in Bethanys apartment or in Sabrinas apartment for future dialogues is going to help once I have my other characters back. So making the renders for those events will help in the end.

And I think thats it for now. I wish I had better news to share, I really do, and this shit is dragging me down more and more every day. I just hope I can report something positive soon. Until then, thank you guys again for being the best community in the world. I love you from the bottom of my heart.

shadowr19

Apr 8, 2020
I know this question has probably been asked before but I'm too lazy to look it up but how does the female Morgan route changes the main story?

4.50 star(s) 154 Votes