4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

CidR

Sep 1, 2019
So what's the approximate update schedule for this game?

Just wondering as it seems like Killer is changing the schedule for MNF as well from what I've seen in terms of the update date on that page.

Reactions: Shagrynn

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
So what's the approximate update schedule for this game?

Just wondering as it seems like Killer is changing the schedule for MNF as well from what I've seen in terms of the update date on that page.
I haven't fully decided yet and I didn't make the patreon poll either :/. If it would be just me deciding then I would work on MNM exclusively now until the update is done, and then work on MNF exclusively until that update is done. But I will ask my patrons what they think, they have the last say in this. The first day of the update is completely done and has already been played by the patrons ( they love it ) so I will hopefully make that poll this weekend.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I like both games a whole lot. I am not a patron, so I'm sure this post won't factor into what kind of release schedule happens (as it likely shouldn't - Killer7, make the people funding you happy, for sure). However, I wanted to get my opinion out there regardless.

I am currently more invested in My New Memories than My New Family. It has nothing to do with the different art style, or the characters being better in one game or the other. In fact, it's not about one game being better than the other at all. It's about where we are in the story.

In My New Family it feels like there's no real obstacles to overcome anymore, not a ton of things to discover, or have revealed. It's mostly just coasting down a wonderful life with a loving family - which is a great thing.

In My New Memories it's the opposite, though. There's a ton of things left to discover, obstacles to overcome, mystery around every corner, and while the story of My New Family is great, at the point in the story that both games are right now - it just can't compete with the excitement of "what's going to happen next!" available to My New Memories.

I'm going to keep playing and loving both games, but if an update came out for both tomorrow, I'd play MNM before MNF.

armoose92

Mar 9, 2021
Yeah, this was a post where i severely fucked up. First i posted about a topic that i wasn't supposed to. Then to add fuel to that dumpster fire of a fuck up, i didnt even have a spoiler tag.

I just need to learn to keep my mouth shut. So i have edited this post to explain that fuck up. The damage is already done. But i do apologize, for whatever little that is worth.

Last edited:

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
I played the new beta, and i enjoyed it. It covers my main concern/gripe from the 0.1 realease rather well. The MC straight up tells everyone to stop withholding info from him. Which had started to grate my nerves a bit in 0.1. The talk with the sister was enlightening if not very satisfying. Overall I was pleased, and im very excited for the full update.
Would it have killed you to put your toughts in a spoiler tag?

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Trying to figure out the spoiler thing. I edited it to remove those parts until i figure it out.
I missed it, so no clue how *spoilery* (is that a word? Whatever, it is now) you got.

As a general rule it is a good idea to add anything play related as a spoiler until at least 3-4 days after the official public release (not just what leaks here). Most of us use the spoiler warning for any specific content for months after the release (depending on how fast new content gets dropped). You never know when a new player is coming along, or who had some stuff going on in rl that has prevented them from playing, or who is just mindlessly scrolling through the comment section that hasn't had the chance to play yet.

armoose92

Mar 9, 2021
Or you know, just keep the talk about betas that are not meant for the public on discord, like I asked people to do. At least now it's spoilered and one of those things was thankfully mentioned by me already ^^.
Yeah, i fucked up twice in the same post. I should have taken a minute to think before running my damn mouth. I cant take it back, but i'll edit the post to remove everything and replace it with a message how i fucked up. I apologize and ill try to do better.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
Yeah, i fucked up twice in the same post. I should have taken a minute to think before running my damn mouth. I cant take it back, but i'll edit the post to remove everything and replace it with a message how i fucked up. I apologize and ill try to do better.
All good, no harm done since you didn't spoil that much :).

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
I beg to differ, for me it was a huge spoiler to find that out, I know it had been mentioned but I thought it would be a "roll out" sort of deal.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
I thought I would be all about the daughters only, but the S's have peaked my interest. Can't wait to see more development of the relationship with Sarah, Sabrina, and Sophie! Sarah's story has SO much potential and her design is among the most beautiful I've seen :love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Killer7

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I thought I would be all about the daughters only, but the S's have peaked my interest. Can't wait to see more development of the relationship with Sarah, Sabrina, and Sophie! Sarah's story has SO much potential and her design is among the most beautiful I've seen :love:
It has been said that it will take a while before things get really intimate with the daughters. Sounds like most of the interaction in the first chapters will be kindling or re-kindling the relationships in his own generation (plus mom, perhaps).

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
It has been said that it will take a while before things get really intimate with the daughters. Sounds like most of the interaction in the first chapters will be kindling or re-kindling the relationships in his own generation (plus mom, perhaps).
Yeah that's probably the more realistic way to go. The relationships with the daughters right now are written so convincingly it'll be interesting to see how it turns romantic. Hoping Sarah as kind of a in between generation will get lewded sooner though

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Yeah that's probably the more realistic way to go. The relationships with the daughters right now are written so convincingly it'll be interesting to see how it turns romantic. Hoping Sarah as kind of a in between generation will get lewded sooner though
I definitely think that will be the case, kindling romance with someone of his own generation. One thing with resolving issues with Sarah and mom is that he will have dealt (or will have started dealing) with some of his "personality problems" from his earlier life. For instance, if he had had a history of taking advantage of people (at least from Sarah's perspective), his new self seems to be much more compassionate and empathetic. If so, that puts him in a better place to accept interest from his two eldest daughters rather than being the motivating person. Killer's protagonists do not push, coerce, or manipulate someone into sex.

As I'm thinking, maybe not having a history of using people, but of acting selfishly, guided by his own self-interest above all. He's an architect, so maybe he was inspired by the character Howard Roark in The Fountainhead. He now has a second chance to be a mensch. The more I think about it, the more I like it, the more poetic that sounds.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I have to say Killer7, you really outdid yourself with My New Memories. I enjoy MNF a lot, and I thought that My New Memories was going to be somewhat of a remake, with better graphics, but it is a wonderful game in it's own right.

I love the story and the dynamic between the MC and the other characters. I don't remember enjoying myself this much playing a new VN for the first time, and immersing myself in the story.

I am not ashamed to admit that I teared up at a few scenes, such as when the MC talked to Sophie for the first time in her room, or when Sarah told the MC about her past.

And the scenes with Anna are really touching. I'll come up with a full review after playing another update or two, but with MNM you have really made something special, that I am confident will achieve great success. Thanks!

Raerngaming

Jun 14, 2018
That was very entertaining to play can not wait for more of this game.
Also yes that was a interesting way to end that section of the game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Killer7

Kytronix

A New Level In Pleasure
Donor
Dec 17, 2019

Hello there you wonderful and extremely wholesome people in the world!

Another week, another progress update!

As some of you may have noticed, Beta 2 released on the weekend. It was a more or less regular day in terms of MNF stuff, but there was still one special event in the evening. I'll do my best to release Beta 3 this weekend but I can't make a promise this time since I'm getting my second covid shot on thursday. Depending on the side effects I might have to chill a bit. Will keep you guys posted though.

Like with beta 1 I delivered on my promise regarding certain ladies that didn't get that much love lately. In this case it was Becca who got a very wholesome and very lewd event for that day. I plan to do the same for Mary and then give them some special things over the ingame week as well. So far it's looking good and the patrons were pretty happy so far!

Now let us talk about My New Memories. The first ingame day of the update is fully completed and Sabrina ( and higher tier ) patrons already played the day! And from what I gathered so far they loved it, a lot. Probably the best day of the whole game so far, but you can be the judge of that once the update goes live. I'm currently rendering 2 of three animations that will happen during that day and like usual, they are lewd ones. And to give you guys a little spoiler: This one is not a flashback anymore. It's the real deal with a certain lady that can't really control her lust around MC anymore. That all depends on if you want to go into a relationship with her, of course. The second day will be for bonding, not only with her but also with a certain lady that just knows what the MC is feeling at certain times. Things will get hot pretty fast when MC rekindles those relationship - if you the player decided for that route, of course! But this day will also feature some more background information, wholesome events and of course, lots of emotions with everyone involved. Let's just say the story will progress pretty well...Todays teaser is a little something that happens in the evening of the first day. Not going to say more, let your imagination flow on what happened before and after this render.

And I think that's it for this week again. Like I said, I'll do my best to release a MNF beta this weekend but I'm not sure I'll make it, depending on the side effects of the vaccine. I'll keep you guys posted on discord, like usual.

Oh, and more thing: We broke $10.000 on patreon! When I saw it this morning I actually said "Holy shit" out loud. Thank you guys so much, really, the support I'm receiving from each and everyone of you is amazing. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for sticking with me through all this time. I'll have more to say at the end of this month, once we get closer to the two year anniversary.

4.50 star(s) 154 Votes