4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

Tristrix

Jun 30, 2019
Great start to the game, but there are quite a few typos and grammar errors... Maybe you can break your writer's block by playing/reading through what you already have...? It's a technique I've used a few times while writing my own stories, and it could help you iron out some of the roughness of the first part.
I suspect you might be mixing up this game with My New Family, Killer's other game. That one needs a proofreading pass on the first few days. I'm pretty confident about MNM though. It's always possible that I missed one or two errors somewhere but I don't believe there's quite a few. It's been sifted through by several people over the course of a few months. I guess it's possible we're all idiots and missed a lot, so feel free to join the discord and post screenshots in the bug reports channel

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
The choices will mostly boil down to "I want this girl" or "I don't want this girl", since it's a harem game. There won't be any dark paths or anything, or some corrupting path, or even a perverted path where you peep on your daughters or something like that. The choices will be there and they will have an impact on the game, but no game overs and no choices that will make you play the game over again just to see different stuff.
In other words, a typical excellent Killer7 game, after which playing you feel warm and fuzzy, something I very much look forward to in this one. :)

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
i know it has been shown here before but i cant seem to find the exact page to look at so would anyone mind telling me when the next update is expected to arrive please ?

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
The next MNF update will be done soon and after that I will work only on mnm probably. Then I can give a better estimate.
thanks can't wait for both games to are done to be honest. i just want to know whats going to happen XD. rarely i have seen a game dev on here that makes 2 games at the same time and have them both be beyond expectation. even if initially the character design of mmm felt uncomfortable to me.

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
I gotta say...Im not thrilled with the prospect of knowing the wife will live and recover...not because Im some kind of monster who wants people to suffer, in fact I kinda want that, but sometimes I believe Killer7 is letting people's opinions control the way the story progress even if that kinda goes against his artistic vision. I believe having the wife using those dreams to prepare the MC and her family to accept her death would be a powerful move and It would break many many many hearts, but in a good way, because he made us care about those polygons on screen, that only speaks about how good his writting is, but now I got that information from out of the game and I feel a little less excited about the development of the story.

Now, of course there is the possibility that Killer7 always planned to let the wife live and Im the douchebag who wants to stir the wheel in the story, but if that's the case, I would still prefer never knowing anything of this at all, having the fate of the wife clouded in mistery until the official reveal, would be more interesting that literally spoiling us such important event way before it happens in the actual game.

In short, I don't know if this game will be a feels good game about reconecting with your family and building a wholesome incestuous harem or a cool drama about learning to let go and appreciating the things you still have, both paths are fine, but please don't let us know in advance, let the misteries be misteries, and never compromise with your creative vision to please the crowd.

Reactions: sorco2003

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
I gotta say...Im not thrilled with the prospect of knowing the wife will live and recover...not because Im some kind of monster who wants people to suffer, in fact I kinda want that, but sometimes I believe Killer7 is letting people's opinions control the way the story progress even if that kinda goes against his artistic vision. I believe having the wife using those dreams to prepare the MC and her family to accept her death would be a powerful move and It would break many many many hearts, but in a good way, because he made us care about those polygons on screen, that only speaks about how good his writting is, but now I got that information from out of the game and I feel a little less excited about the development of the story.

Now, of course there is the possibility that Killer7 always planned to let the wife live and Im the douchebag who wants to stir the wheel in the story, but if that's the case, I would still prefer never knowing anything of this at all, having the fate of the wife clouded in mistery until the official reveal, would be more interesting that literally spoiling us such important event way before it happens in the actual game.

In short, I don't know if this game will be a feels good game about reconecting with your family and building a wholesome incestuous harem or a cool drama about learning to let go and appreciating the things you still have, both paths are fine, but please don't let us know in advance, let the misteries be misteries, and never compromise with your creative vision to please the crowd.
K7 loves the wholesome heartwarming stuff, it's the primary driving force behind MNF and now behind MNM too. I doubt this was a compromise on K7's part.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
K7 loves the wholesome heartwarming stuff, it's the primary driving force behind MNF and now behind MNM too. I doubt this was a compromise on K7's part.
And that's exactly why I like K7's work so much. There is so much drama in the real world that a little break from it is very welcome. An update recently came out for another of my favorite games, but I haven't touched it yet due to the announced drama. I will wait until I have charged my battery a little with the next MNF / MNM update.

TheGuruMage

Jun 13, 2020
I suspect you might be mixing up this game with My New Family, Killer's other game.
Mostly it was the type of awkward wording you get from a story/game translated from another language. I'd have to redownload it and play it again to find them, but I'm used to reading poorly translated manga, so I got through it pretty easily.

Tristrix

Jun 30, 2019
Mostly it was the type of awkward wording you get from a story/game translated from another language. I'd have to redownload it and play it again to find them, but I'm used to reading poorly translated manga, so I got through it pretty easily.
Yeah there's gonna be some of that. There's a fine line between proofreading and rewriting, and I'd much rather err on the side of using too light a touch than too heavy. Still, I think you're way overselling this. A huge amount of thought and care went into this (as opposed to MNF where I let a lot more of that kind of thing slide) and overall I'm very happy with the result.

Reactions: Hordragg

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Yeah I know, but don't forget that MNF was/still is my main focus, at least until 0.21 is out. Then I will most likely alternate between those two and will deliver even larger updates for mnm :).
Yeah, I understand but that doesn't change the fact we are eager to see the follow-up, and meet the new ginger.

333Playing

Oct 15, 2019

Hello there you wonderful and very cute people!

Another week, another month, another progress update!

As some of you may have noticed, Beta 5 released on the weekend which means the next release will be pre release. I'll have more info on that sometime this week, like usual, so stay tuned for that post. After that it goes straight into release!

Now I've been thinking a lot about 0.21 and where I want to go after that. I think My New Family is reaching a good point for the timeskip now and to slowly wrap things up. Like I said a few times now, I plan on doing a timeskip to show the advanced pregnancy of the girls and then another big timeskip for My New Family 2. Now I'm not saying that the game will end soon, I don't want to rush things and I can promise you this won't happen. But maybe one more regular update and then the update with the pregnancy progress showing, something like that. I just don't want the game to become too boring or repetitive and I have to admit, writing has become more and more difficult over time ( because of the amount of content that is already in the game ). More on that will probably follow once I have the plans more fleshed out.

Now compared to last week I was also pretty productive for My New Memories. I made a few renders and also wrote a bit once I was done with the My New Family beta. Progress looks pretty good there and I think after 0.21 drops I will shift my work to My New Memories until the update is complete. I will still make that patreon post but from what I gathered so far, you guys would prefer it like that as well. The render you see in todays news is a little flashback MC gets while Lina visits him. Lina is Sarah's sister, for those that forgot, and we didn't see her ingame yet. That will change with the update, of course I'm hopeful that I will finish the second day this month which means another beta for patrons etc!

Now I want to talk about the poll I will hold next week and what that means in general. My plan is to finish a My New Family update ( so 0.21 in this case ) and then switch over to My New Memories and work on that until that update is completed. After that I would work on 0.22 for My New Family etc. So if you support me on patreon and like both games I'm working on you could switch between tiers for the next month. So let's say the My New Family update is done and you know that My New Memories is next and you are currently a Sandra patron, you could switch over to the Sabrina tier for the next month, getting the beta benefits for My New Memories etc. It would probably be the best for my mental health to do it like that, since working on both games at the same time is starting to become more taxing than I thought. You can tell me your thoughts in the comments if you want.

And I think that's it for this week. I want to thank each and everyone of you amazing people for the extremely wholesome comments I got under my two year anniversary post. It means the world to me to know that I have so many wonderful people in this community that support me. So thank you for that, again.

day10_linainyourarmsannacarriessophie.jpg

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
And that's exactly why I like K7's work so much. There is so much drama in the real world that a little break from it is very welcome. An update recently came out for another of my favorite games, but I haven't touched it yet due to the announced drama. I will wait until I have charged my battery a little with the next MNF / MNM update.
Very much so! MNF helped get through a rough emotional episode of depression last year.

4.50 star(s) 154 Votes