4.50 star(s) 154 Votes

worldofmac84

Jan 2, 2020
I believe having the wife using those dreams to prepare the MC and her family to accept her death would be a powerful move and It would break many many many hearts, but in a good way
I beg, very humbly, to differ: not only I'm not a fan of the Acting Lessons school of thought ;), but knowing Killer7 I'm quite sure he never thought to have the wife killed at the end (after all, wholesomeness and wholesomeness-minus-one seems two very different things :)).
If you followed MNF you should have seen what his approach with this matter is, so since day one I didn't expect the wife to kick the bucket at the end.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I beg, very humbly, to differ: not only I'm not a fan of the Acting Lessons school of thought ;), but knowing Killer7 I'm quite sure he never thought to have the wife killed at the end (after all, wholesomeness and wholesomeness-minus-one seems two very different things :)).
If you followed MNF you should have seen what his approach with this matter is, so since day one I didn't expect the wife to kick the bucket at the end.
Yes, I really choked up during those scenes, for it looked like she was helping prepare him to be a parent to the kids when she passes. Killer7 assured us she's not going to die. Still, the foreshadowing was very strong.

Azraelith

May 1, 2019
It's a shame, I kind of wanted the mother to pass. Not because I'm heartless but because it would have made for a more dramatic story. But I'm very aware of K7's nature and know he wouldn't do this.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Yes, I really choked up during those scenes, for it looked like she was helping prepare him to be a parent to the kids when she passes. Killer7 assured us she's not going to die. Still, the foreshadowing was very strong.
I think the spoiler took away a lot of the impact of seeing the wife leave the hospital. I imagine we all thought the same thing you wrote, that she was preparing him for when she is no longer around.
It would have been nice to get that pleasant surprise.

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
I think the spoiler took away a lot of the impact of seeing the wife leave the hospital. I imagine we all thought the same thing you wrote, that she was preparing him for when she is no longer around.
It would have been nice to get that pleasant surprise.
That's exactly my point! Im low key relieved the wife is going to make it, but I would prefer if Killer didn't spill the beans and let us worry/make crazy fan theories a little bit more.

Reactions: Dragon59

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I can only speak for myself on this, but I personally never doubted that she would survive. As it would be written here, it would give the whole wholesomeness a stale aftertaste, so for me it was never a question of whether she would survive, but only when Killer7 would decide that it was the perfect moment for her to wake up. My guess so far is sometime at the end of an update for a dramatic cliffhanger that then hits us right in the feels once it continues.

jackdragonchaos

Jun 22, 2019
when his delusions of his wife dreams start to lessen or shorten, that could be a way for her to come out of coma/whatever to them/us or death of hers. yes yes she wont die but that'll be a way to kill her.

Killer7

My New Family / My New Memories
Donor
Game Developer
May 14, 2019
I mean, I get it for the drama effect, but that is just not me my dudes. There are other games and other devs out there who can do that, but I don't feel comfortable doing stuff like killing off someone as important as Anna. I still aim to make players feel good in the end and I think this would be the complete opposite. There are other things I will do that will stirr up drama, that will bring tension and more emotions, compared to My New Family where there is no drama at all ( which I also like ). The drama in My New Memories will never be forced, though. There won't be a random person showing up threatening your girls or something like that. It will center around the MC most likely.

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
I don't feel comfortable doing stuff like killing off someone as important as Anna.
So less important characters are fair game then, my prediction is there's an apocalypse event, and everybody dies except for the MC and his love interests so now they have to repopulate the world

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
I mean, I get it for the drama effect, but that is just not me my dudes. There are other games and other devs out there who can do that, but I don't feel comfortable doing stuff like killing off someone as important as Anna. I still aim to make players feel good in the end and I think this would be the complete opposite. There are other things I will do that will stirr up drama, that will bring tension and more emotions, compared to My New Family where there is no drama at all ( which I also like ). The drama in My New Memories will never be forced, though. There won't be a random person showing up threatening your girls or something like that. It will center around the MC most likely.
I always wanted to save a damsel in distress.

Reactions: EJW

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
So less important characters are fair game then, my prediction is there's an apocalypse event, and everybody dies except for the MC and his love interests so now they have to repopulate the world
Funny you should say that. I considered that as the background of a second sequel to the game I'm writing. ;-) Mainly because a song I was listening to as inspiration talked about the banks collapsing. ;)
Game One, eventually moving to country.
Game Two, developing the homestead, having to deal with pesky neighbors. Become self-sufficient.
Game Three: Local economy collapses and the group must survive.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Hmm, if the MC and his blood-related love interests were the only survivors, then after a few generations humanity would probably mutate into a goblinoid species and as a dwarf I firmly reject greenskins. :LOL:

Edit: It's sad that I have to do that, but the above is of course meant ironically.

Last edited:

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
Funny you should say that. I considered that as the background of a second sequel to the game I'm writing. ;-) Mainly because a song I was listening to as inspiration talked about the banks collapsing. ;)
Game One, eventually moving to country.
Game Two, developing the homestead, having to deal with pesky neighbors. Become self-sufficient.
Game Three: Local economy collapses and the group must survive.
I’d play all three of those.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Yeah no, a virus spreads around the world that kills all men, except the MC, and mutates all women to become nekos.

4.50 star(s) 154 Votes