Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
That's one way to look at it. Another is that a patron is paying to support the developer, not to get a game. There's a big difference between buying something from Itch.io or Steam and paying a developer money so they can work on things full time. Many patrons (I assume those who keep paying monthly in a case like Icstor) are doing so in the hope that the developer won't need to work on anything else, allowing them to focus on the game(s) they are developing.

I'm not saying I agree with paying month after month if there's really nothing happening. I'm just saying that what you describe as people failing to "understand simple give and take" is probably not a lack of comprehension, but more as a differing view of things by other people. Whereas you personally might feel let down by a creator because they haven't shipped an update in quite a while is clearly not a problem for those who keep up their support in spite of that.
Hmm :unsure: maybe i wasn't clear enough
But yeah you said pretty much every thing in your second paragraph that I wanted to say

This is how I understand and do things
If I'm paying someone, I expect something back, simple as

But different people think differently ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
That's one way to look at it. Another is that a patron is paying to support the developer, not to get a game. There's a big difference between buying something from Itch.io or Steam and paying a developer money so they can work on things full time. Many patrons (I assume those who keep paying monthly in a case like Icstor) are doing so in the hope that the developer won't need to work on anything else, allowing them to focus on the game(s) they are developing.

I'm not saying I agree with paying month after month if there's really nothing happening. I'm just saying that what you describe as people failing to "understand simple give and take" is probably not a lack of comprehension, but more as a differing view of things by other people. Whereas you personally might feel let down by a creator because they haven't shipped an update in quite a while is clearly not a problem for those who keep up their support in spite of that.
Damn '1%-ers', always throwing money at hard (hardly) working perverts as if it was nothing... what's the world coming to when you can join the elite ranks by getting people to wank off. ?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

saltynip

Oct 16, 2020
Why is this not a harem game?

Would be 10X better if it were.:BootyTime:
Who said it isn't?
MC fucked Delphine, fucked Barbara, fucked Lori, fucked Julia, fucked Haley(and they are all in love with him or his cock more or less), the only women he hasn't fucked are his Mom and the new girl Lily

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
While you have a very valid point, what's missing is accountability to those paying. In the real world, developers set milestones and are judged by whether or not they meet those milestones with a reasonable consistency. That's not Pateron, where you pay monthly with little perhaps no insight as to the actual progress of the developer(s). Which in a way is reasonable because the dev(s) rarely publish a comprehensive road map. At the same time is unreasonable, because you're funding whatever random process the dev(s) go through to create a game which they might abandon at any moment. It's worth noting that NOT completing the game may be the best payoff strategy for the dev(s).

Paying for a released game is different. The dev(s) release a complete game and are paid by those who value their work.

Aion_Abyss

Jul 28, 2020
Who said it isn't?
MC fucked Delphine, fucked Barbara, fucked Lori, fucked Julia, fucked Haley(and they are all in love with him or his cock more or less), the only women he hasn't fucked are his Mom and the new girl Lily
Well, it's missing the tag and the fact that you have to choose to spend time with one or the other girls every so often instead of choosing them both.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
While you have a very valid point, what's missing is accountability to those paying. In the real world, developers set milestones and are judged by whether or not they meet those milestones with a reasonable consistency. That's not Pateron, where you pay monthly with little perhaps no insight as to the actual progress of the developer(s). Which in a way is reasonable because the dev(s) rarely publish a comprehensive road map. At the same time is unreasonable, because you're funding whatever random process the dev(s) go through to create a game which they might abandon at any moment. It's worth noting that NOT completing the game may be the best payoff strategy for the dev(s).

Paying for a released game is different. The dev(s) release a complete game and are paid by those who value their work.
I really don't understand what point you're trying to make here. Your response comes across as if you're trying to refute what I said before. I already understand the position many have taken, that someone should not get paid if they are not actively producing something for their supporters. I also understand the idea that there should be accountability to show that money provided by generous donors is not being wasted. I was merely trying to point out two things. Firstly, not everyone thinks this same thing. Secondly, that your metric gauging whether someone is working a proper amount will be different from someone else's metric.

I agree with you that there should be accountability and that there should be regular communication and clear effort / progress on a project. However, that unfortunately doesn't change the situation. Like I said before, we're looking at it with one perspective; those supporting a creator may see it differently. (They clearly are accepting the rate of development work being done.) Just because we may believe there's a lack of accountability doesn't mean a developer's patrons are going to jump ship.

I find it odd that you don't consider Patreon "the real world". Pretty sure it's real money flowing to creators on that site, paid for by real people. I know you're at least mostly referring to developers working for a software or other technology company (like a dot-com). It doesn't suddenly make the money and supporters on Patreon imaginary.

We can argue that "it's just not right" all we want, but it doesn't change anything. (And again, I agree that there should be accountability and real progress from a creator I support.) But I have no control over which people support which creator. None of us discussing this on F95 can control that. People are either going to abandon or stick with a creator, based on their own thoughts about them. There are also people who still go bungee jumping, even though plenty of deaths have resulted from taking a dive.

I guess I should stop posting on this topic now. We've veered off and aren't discussing this game anymore.

Reactions: eightypercent

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
My Pleasure [v0.14 Elite] Unofficial Android Port - Mega

My Pleasure [v0.14 Elite] Unofficial Android Port with Sam2504 Relationship Cheat -
Mega

My Pleasure [v0.14 Elite] Unofficial Android Port with W.T mod and Incest Patch - * Pending *

Size - 427.7 MB

*Persistent Saves - Meaning even after uninstalling the game, the saves will remain intact*

Discord -
Where are the save files for your ports? I can't find where I need to copy my old saves to your save port. I need that so I can pick up where I left off.

Reactions: Sucre Abernathy
Feb 11, 2018
Where are the save files for your ports? I can't find where I need to copy my old saves to your save port. I need that so I can pick up where I left off.
If your Android version is below 11, you can put your saves in [Internal Storage - 0011 - com.mypleasureelite ]
If your Android is Android 11, you have to push the app and [App info - Permission - Under Allowed - Files And Media - And Select Allow Management Of All Files] and then open the game, allow permission, make a save and you can put or find your saves in [Internal Storage - 0011 - com.mypleasure ]

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
If your Android version is below 11, you can put your saves in [Internal Storage - 0011 - com.mypleasureelite ]
If your Android is Android 11, you have to push the app and [App info - Permission - Under Allowed - Files And Media - And Select Allow Management Of All Files] and then open the game, allow permission, make a save and you can put or find your saves in [Internal Storage - 0011 - com.mypleasure ]

I gave it permission. Found the 0011 folder and the game file. I put the files there but they don't show.... Hmmmm

Reactions: Yahya5555
Feb 11, 2018
I gave it permission. Found the 0011 folder and the game file. I put the files there but they don't show.... Hmmmm
I'll definitely check the game and will test again, mate. If possible, join the discord in post, dm me in discord or can discuss in bug channel in the discord server. If it's not ok to join the discord, leave your save file in the thread.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
My mistake, I mistook number of patrons for actual money earned. But still, I believe that patrons need to be more demanding of creators in general. The amount of content Brainddrop has delivered for a support of 22000$ a month (last was 5 months ago) is the same as the amount of content delivered when he was at 500$ of support per month, and the duration between updates has even gotten longer. It's just one example but many other devs that have gotten huge never scale and thats fucking stupid if you support him.
On the other hand DPC delivers updates that have more animations than these guys have images in their updates so maybe people need to stop with the constant bootlicking of devs on the game threads and start asking for better quality updates.
The fact that WVM has so many suporters is easy to understand, many players just play those games for the fucking material and don't really care about story and characters. So if in a game it's raining girls it's ok for them, but people here on this forum are mostly nerds who really care about things like a good scenario and a good character development.
There are many really good games here that don't have the success they deserve just because they are not focused on giving a quick fuck, a harem and plenty of girls who are just fuck meat.
This game is one of them, i love the characters and human relations even if the crime story behind is a bit shitty as it is almost always the case in similar games.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021

June 1080p Wallpapers for Everyone!
Meet Lillian!

She was introduced in the latest 0.14 update, but her face may seem familiar to some of you. ;)
View attachment 1272365
Sorry but i don't care about Lillian, i hope this game will not give us more and more girls and let us with blue balls with Mom and the other girls.
I prefer a small group of girls we can progress with than adding a lot of new ones until we don't remember who is who!!

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Sorry but i don't care about Lillian, i hope this game will not give us more and more girls and let us with blue balls with Mom and the other girls.
I prefer a small group of girls we can progress with than adding a lot of new ones until we don't remember who is who!!
On one hand, I understand your point. On the other hand, more girls = more girls to fuck...? :cool:

win win.gif

3.70 star(s) 163 Votes