VN Ren'Py Abandoned My Sisters Put A Chastity Cage On Me [v0.4] [RommelCage]

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes
Apr 20, 2020
So let me get this straight; a bunch of entitled individuals, who didn't pay a single cent, bullied the author until he gave up on the project, just because it didn't match their 'refined' tastes. Great. I hope life give you all the same kindness.
Imagine giving into the bullying though. Unfortunate. People should learn when to and when not to give a shit to "criticism".

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
shame. but that is entitlement for ya. the "make the game i want or else" mentality really needs to go.
It's not the reader's job to feed the authors ego and simply accept whatever he puts out. While you don't have to be an expert writer, you should still do basic research into writing techniques and character creation as well as have more than a passing knowledge of the topic you are writing on. Many authors do just that, they have something in their head they envision and decide to dedicate a lot of time into learning how to make that vision a reality. RommelCage didn't do that, and as a result what seems like it could have been an interesting story floundered at the starting line.

JoleenStar

Sep 29, 2017
It's not the reader's job to feed the authors ego and simply accept whatever he puts out. While you don't have to be an expert writer, you should still do basic research into writing techniques and character creation as well as have more than a passing knowledge of the topic you are writing on. Many authors do just that, they have something in their head they envision and decide to dedicate a lot of time into learning how to make that vision a reality. RommelCage didn't do that, and as a result what seems like it could have been an interesting story floundered at the starting line.
Sometimes people forget that the writers/devs for the games that are posted here are actually people and deserve the same kind of kindness as anyone else. Critiquing is fine. Bullying is not.

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
Sometimes people forget that the writers/devs for the games that are posted here are actually people and deserve the same kind of kindness as anyone else. Critiquing is fine. Bullying is not.
That was how people originally approached him, they tried to be delicate and offer him any personal feelings they have, but when his actions basically stated "if you don't like it in this form then I quit" I as well as many others lost all respect for him.

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
It really makes one think whether its worth the pain of starting a game. I certainly will have to think twice, because if I were to make a game, many aspects would be simultaneously a learning process. I would need help at best, not invalidation. I think having to deal with the inevitable hate of those who don't like some of the fetishes is unavoidable (which I would simply ignore), but then there is a whole other level of unexpected when people begin criticizing everything from language to art-choice to the chosen narrative. I also believe that the most vocal critics are those who do not like the themes of a game, and hence if the author decides to discontinue the game, won't be terribly sorry to begin with.

I think I will make several disclaimers such as:

1. These are the core fetishes which are not avoidable, and name them.
2. These are the ones which will never feature in my game, and name them.

And so forth, then ask everyone not to criticize the game if one of the disclaimers deals with it. If ignored, I assume there is a method of reporting such comments/reviews.

Last edited:

vickze

Nov 10, 2018
Last edited:

Darkarhon

Donor
Jun 20, 2017
That was how people originally approached him, they tried to be delicate and offer him any personal feelings they have, but when his actions basically stated "if you don't like it in this form then I quit" I as well as many others lost all respect for him.
That's a shame, it was an interesting game :(.

johndoe1545

Resident Head-Patters
Donor
May 5, 2017
Alright people, I know how certain quarter of people can be annoying but can we keep the tone down a little bit? If you like it, just ignore them and maybe support the dev instead. Tell him that there are people who enjoys this content instead of waging war here.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes