CandyMan29

Nov 12, 2017
People really need to use the search bar because this game is more likely than not dead.

Pandelo's mom died after the heart attack and he hasn't made any comments since. (I can't blame him). It's not coming back next January. That was last December. There has not been any communications for more than 6 months now

Pandelo: December 15th 2018 _ Information about the next release Hello everyone, I'm really sorry, but I unfortunately have to postpone the next version again due to private problems. My mother had a heart attack. Under the circumstances, she's fine and I'm currently at my parents place. But I will be not at home until early January. And besides I'm absolutely not in the mood to work on the game right now.

uhh...I don't think he said she died. unless there's a newer update than the one i'm seeing/the one posted above.

the fact that he pauses his patreon each month, shows the game is not completely abandoned, he also mentioned that he wasn't in the mood to work on the game right now (in his update last December). if he felt he was completely done with the game, he'd probably close down his patreon, or something where he doesn't have to manually pause it each month.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Complaints leveled at Pandelo are really frustrating. You see it from time to time on his discord and it's a disgrace. The guy is doing everything right. He doesn't wanna say anything, he doesn't need too. He is pausing his patreon every single month. He hasn't taken a dime from anyone during this. So many other devs deserve so much more hate for doing jack all for months on end and somehow they get rewarded for it. All pandelo gets are complaints when it is completely undeserved.

It's fucking shameful.
Everything you say is a good point, and you said it well. On the other hand, I do have a rebuttal to what you say.

Suppose everything that you say is true, and I believe it is true I have no reason to believe it is not true. How difficult would it be for him to go on Patreon, and make a post something like the following:

"I'm sorry for making everyone wait in suspense. Patreon has been paused until the next release. I am going through some real-life issues at the moment I do not wish to speak about on my Patreon page. That being said, I have not abandoned the game. However, production has stopped for the foreseeable future. It is currently on hold, and when / if my real life becomes more orderly I will resume the game at a later undisclosed date. I may or may not continue making the game in the future. If I decide to cancel the game for good I will let you know. If I start working on it again I will let you know."

Something like that took me 2-3 minutes to write up. I assume he could write something similar in a similar of time. You mean to tell me the guy has not had a spare 5 minutes in the past 8 months?

People who create on Patreon are like employees to those who pay for their services. Imagine you hire an employee in real life. Imagine that they are a wonderful employee, and you really love the work that they do. Then one day they write you a note saying, I need a month off work I am going through some personal issues. You oblige them. In their note they tell you that they will be back at work in a month for you. It's 8 months later... That note is the last you have heard from them. Still think it's a great employee? ghosted...

Let's try another angle. Let's say this is someone you are dating. You fall madly in love and have a wonderful time with them and they love you back. You really want to marry this girl... Then one day she comes to you and says. "My mom, who lives half way across the country is sick. I'm going to fly to her and spend a month or so with her until she gets better. I'll be back soon my love!"... And away she goes, and you agree to this. Then you try calling her a few times she doesn't answer... 8 months have passed... You have no letter, no post card, no phone call, no email, no telegram, no skype call, no carrier pigeon, no smoke signal... NOTHING... ghosted...

5 minutes in 8 months is NOT too much to ask. Ghosting everyone is a dick move. You are right he doesn't owe anyone anything, it's the decent thing to do though.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Everything you say is a good point, and you said it well. On the other hand, I do have a rebuttal to what you say.

Suppose everything that you say is true, and I believe it is true I have no reason to believe it is not true. How difficult would it be for him to go on Patreon, and make a post something like the following:

"I'm sorry for making everyone wait in suspense. Patreon has been paused until the next release. I am going through some real-life issues at the moment I do not wish to speak about on my Patreon page. That being said, I have not abandoned the game. However, production has stopped for the foreseeable future. It is currently on hold, and when / if my real life becomes more orderly I will resume the game at a later undisclosed date. I may or may not continue making the game in the future. If I decide to cancel the game for good I will let you know. If I start working on it again I will let you know."

Something like that took me 2-3 minutes to write up. I assume he could write something similar in a similar of time. You mean to tell me the guy has not had a spare 5 minutes in the past 8 months?

People who create on Patreon are like employees to those who pay for their services. Imagine you hire an employee in real life. Imagine that they are a wonderful employee, and you really love the work that they do. Then one day they write you a note saying, I need a month off work I am going through some personal issues. You oblige them. In their note they tell you that they will be back at work in a month for you. It's 8 months later... That note is the last you have heard from them. Still think it's a great employee? ghosted...

Let's try another angle. Let's say this is someone you are dating. You fall madly in love and have a wonderful time with them and they love you back. You really want to marry this girl... Then one day she comes to you and says. "My mom, who lives half way across the country is sick. I'm going to fly to her and spend a month or so with her until she gets better. I'll be back soon my love!"... And away she goes, and you agree to this. Then you try calling her a few times she doesn't answer... 8 months have passed... You have no letter, no post card, no phone call, no email, no telegram, no skype call, no carrier pigeon, no smoke signal... NOTHING... ghosted...

5 minutes in 8 months is NOT too much to ask. Ghosting everyone is a dick move. You are right he doesn't owe anyone anything, it's the decent thing to do though.
But he didn't take any money from months.So you have nothing to talk about employing.

Belemur

Donor
Jul 6, 2018
almost the same story as Dating my Daughter
DMD is very well and alive. But this game was as good as DMD and would have deserved another go, but the author seemed to have had a stroke of fate in his family and therefor maybe abandoned, maybe just paused indefinetely this wonderful game. Pandelo, if there is any hope, give a sign.

Belemur

Donor
Jul 6, 2018
I really enjoyed this game. Quite saddening to see the abandoned tag. I was looking forward to so much more of the story. The progression was done quite well IMO.
You are absolutely right, but at some point pandelo would have hit the same wall as others, like Mr.Dots, because I think some mother/daughter action was closing in and Patreon doesnt appreciate that. Maybe he resurfaces and publishes it on subscribestar.com

Gumarijus

Dec 3, 2017
Pandelo, i think that your fans deserve few words. Please come on and tell us will you continue game or not.

Thanking you in advance for understanding.

Mar 7, 2018
Would love to know too if the game continues or not, i am a long time fan of Pandelo and this is one of the first VN i played. Lovely game and i don't even dare to play the latest update yet because i don't want it to be "the end"....

Gumarijus

Dec 3, 2017
Would love to know too if the game continues or not, i am a long time fan of Pandelo and this is one of the first VN i played. Lovely game and i don't even dare to play the latest update yet because i don't want it to be "the end"....

I am Pandelo fan;love this game too much .One year ago I have very strong heart attack ,have 4 bypass,also have

family and I know how is it.

Parnso

Aug 7, 2016
No matter what you guys say, ungratefull what so ever and of course this game is amazing.
But he didn't update the game for over half a year and is still cashing in on around 2,5k bucks every month and not putting Patreon on a pause is saying everything.

Reactions: thataboo and Ryohky

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
Complaints leveled at Pandelo are really frustrating. You see it from time to time on his discord and it's a disgrace. The guy is doing everything right. He doesn't wanna say anything, he doesn't need too. He is pausing his patreon every single month. He hasn't taken a dime from anyone during this. So many other devs deserve so much more hate for doing jack all for months on end and somehow they get rewarded for it. All pandelo gets are complaints when it is completely undeserved.

It's fucking shameful.
The fact he isn't taking advantage of people is commendable but he should give his patrons an answer. We have all lost family members I remember when my grandmother was dying of cancer and I had to take a week off work. I told my boss what the situation was he said take as much time I needed. I think he would have felt differently if it were 9 months with no communication.

I remember when my father died I had to take a week off school my mother was a wreck. It was stressful, heartbreaking, depressing it happened right before my highschool graduation and I didn't end up going because of it (partially because my brother failed and went off the rails). At the end of the day as far as we know noone has died but you say he has done all the right things he hasn't he has done some of them but the right thing to do would be tell his patrons his plan moving forward no matter how hard it is even if it's to say I don't know what my plans are moving forward because right now my focus is elsewhere.

Reactions: Ryohky

mugizib

Jun 17, 2019
But he didn't update the game for over half a year and is still cashing in on around 2,5k bucks every month and not putting Patreon on a pause is saying everything.
And you are certain in this because you're a Patron?

thomasxlong

Apr 3, 2017
No matter what you guys say, ungratefull what so ever and of course this game is amazing.
And you are certain in this because you're a Patron?
He's wrong, am a patron and I haven't been charged once since he needed to take some time away

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
The fact he isn't taking advantage of people is commendable but he should give his patrons an answer. We have all lost family members I remember when my grandmother was dying of cancer and I had to take a week off work. I told my boss what the situation was he said take as much time I needed. I think he would have felt differently if it were 9 months with no communication.

I remember when my father died I had to take a week off school my mother was a wreck. It was stressful, heartbreaking, depressing it happened right before my highschool graduation and I didn't end up going because of it (partially because my brother failed and went off the rails). At the end of the day as far as we know noone has died but you say he has done all the right things he hasn't he has done some of them but the right thing to do would be tell his patrons his plan moving forward no matter how hard it is even if it's to say I don't know what my plans are moving forward because right now my focus is elsewhere.
Yeah, thats true. My post was more me going off from a few peeps on his discord that said some pretty awful stuff. I do understand that many do legitimately wanna know his well being, myself included.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017

First we are not Pandello's boss.
Second-I don't remember a single month this year that he takes any money.
Third-this is not a kickstarter that we pay hundreds of $ in advance and expect the final product.

4.60 star(s) 84 Votes