• Hikari

• Kanehana

• Hime

• Iroha

• Chitose

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you for the detailed reply and thoughts. That definitely does make a lot of sense, and does more line up with things. I'll admit I've been stewing a bit over the past few hours over this, because I came to realize I must have miss-read the situation (since if FMC was trying to stop MC... her attempt was very half-hearted, same with her prompting Kari about going with MC and well as the whole "Daaaaarliiing' from the recording obviously being for MC). So thanx for the detailed write up! :)

It actually makes me think I might just need to replay the whole game from scratch at some point, because I obviously missed a lot of things throughout the story. My only defense is that playing the game for a chapter every 1?2? months, while playing plenty of other games... tends to lead to forgetting things. lol (Thus replaying the game at some point).

-Play it again to find the errors. :D
After I completely and utterly botched understanding the conclusion to Chapt 18, as well as failing to understand characters motivations properly... you sure you want me to do that? :p

And just to show you how off-the-track I can be... another thought came to me while I pondered the C.18 conclusion..

The truth behind FMC! :p

TheAshina

Oct 5, 2017

Also I felt the need of giving my thoughts about the previous discussion, I play the game with no walkthrough and chosed the "you are mine" choice naturally, I don't think it's "toxic" as it implied, it's just a stronger expression than I love you, which would not really fit the scene. They both already know they love each other. MC making a statement there. Which if I'm not wrong said by Hikari to MC before. I would rather people having a conclusion about a scene in the VN by the sole context of it instead of their own narrative, that would only hurt the story for themselves.

Last edited:

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
For what it's worth, I decided I would replay 18 and write down what grammar bugged me and my thought on what would be a better option. Do note: that I'm by no means perfect, and some might disagree with my changes to tense, wording, etc.

Also many might call it nitpicking, and maybe it is - but I'm not doing this as condemnation of the Dev, I guess I just got bothered by it more this chapter than prior chapters.

An incomplete list of things (in my replay, I'm only up to the start of the date - had to stop due to IRL, will continue later):
Hopefully just saying who said it and the line is enough to locate it, assuming the dev wants to make any changes.

Also a note on the official WT: The WT shows two scenes with Hikari, yet only 1 of them triggers (assuming you've been following the WT and picking all the +girls and +harem style options) (I got a discussion about Akemi).
If there are 2 different scenes for this that are supposed to play back-to-back... it either has req's the WT isn't stating, is bugged, or the WT is incorrectly showing 2 scenes/events when there should only be 1.

Attached: image showing Sayumi's face with the red dot bug, with a nice helpful black arrow pointing to it.

Reactions: eolostudios

eolostudios

Developer of "My Time with You"
Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
It actually makes me think I might just need to replay the whole game from scratch at some point.
You should. :)

Dang it, I remember someone pointing this out and I fixed it. Must have messed up the passing of Rpy files between EO and me. Thanks!

Edit: Just saw the "Multiple Endings" as planned tags in the first page. Ouch. [/SPOILER]
There were already three endings written before I started making the game, and those three are still there, unchanged.
In any case, there would be a canon ending.

It's still only three so far, so if you ever see a fourth, that's a new one.

For what it's worth, I decided I would replay 18 and write down what grammar bugged me and my thought on what would be a better option. Do note: that I'm by no means perfect, and some might disagree with my changes to tense, wording, etc.

Also many might call it nitpicking, and maybe it is - but I'm not doing this as condemnation of the Dev, I guess I just got bothered by it more this chapter than prior chapters.

An incomplete list of things (in my replay, I'm only up to the start of the date - had to stop due to IRL, will continue later):
Hopefully just saying who said it and the line is enough to locate it, assuming the dev wants to make any changes.

Also a note on the official WT: The WT shows two scenes with Hikari, yet only 1 of them triggers (assuming you've been following the WT and picking all the +girls and +harem style options) (I got a discussion about Akemi).
If there are 2 different scenes for this that are supposed to play back-to-back... it either has req's the WT isn't stating, is bugged, or the WT is incorrectly showing 2 scenes/events when there should only be 1.

Attached: image showing Sayumi's face with the red dot bug, with a nice helpful black arrow pointing to it.
Thank you for this!

Regarding the grammar, I use informal writing and try to imagine the characters actually saying the line.
Trying to sync their speech pattern with their personality or whatever is happening in that particular scene.
I think the characters talking the same way breaks immersion.

Some of the lines you pointed out were actual errors, which I will address.

The walkthrough blunder was a copy-paste-caused mistake.

The red dot on FMC's eye is actually her iris poking out. Woops!

TheAshina

Oct 5, 2017
There were already three endings written before I started making the game, and those three are still there, unchanged.
In any case, there would be a canon ending.

It's still only three so far, so if you ever see a fourth, that's a new one.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I mean I didn't saw it, I didn't know it existed, wasn't trying to imply that was a new thing :p.

Also I don't think it has to be a bad thing to have multiple endings, I said "ouch" because making the hard decision yourself is just adding another layer of guilt. But you said there's a canon ending, in that case I think we must really fuck up some choices to have non-canon endings, assuming canon ending will be the most heart-warming one.

It's really a hard job to create a good story while protecting the fluidity and integrity of the plotline between characters. It only becomes harder as the story goes on and you are doing it so well so far. I wish my currency wasn't currently dipping down so I could support you on patreon lol, you really do deserve any support.

Last edited:

Shinoy

Jan 17, 2022
Can anyone help me actually i have completed book 1 but book 2 is showing me first play book 1 but i have played that

eolostudios

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
Can anyone help me actually i have completed book 1 but book 2 is showing me first play book 1 but i have played that
At the end of book 1, click til it sends you back to the main menu, there's an aftercredits scene there. Then just press start on book 2.

For a more elaborate explanation:

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
I just got Hana's pool scene (chose frilly one), and after that scene it immediately plays the scene with the classic swimsuit, is that intended?

in the Tips.txt file it says "Ch16 - Practice self control and get a little gift from Hikari", I just tried both getting a HJ from Iroha and not getting one al the way to the (true) end of the chapter, but it was technically all the same, I didn't get anything from Hikari.

Edit: I just did it again, and now she suddenly gave me the pill, even though I didn't do anything differently, I hope it doesn't change much for later whether you got the pill or not, because getting closer with Iroha might be worth it if it doesn't change anything outside that scene with Hana.

Last edited:

eolostudios

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
I just got Hana's pool scene (chose frilly one), and after that scene it immediately plays the scene with the classic swimsuit, is that intended?

in the Tips.txt file it says "Ch16 - Practice self control and get a little gift from Hikari", I just tried both getting a HJ from Iroha and not getting one al the way to the (true) end of the chapter, but it was technically all the same, I didn't get anything from Hikari.

Edit: I just did it again, and now she suddenly gave me the pill, even though I didn't do anything differently, I hope it doesn't change much for later whether you got the pill or not, because getting closer with Iroha might be worth it if it doesn't change anything outside that scene with Hana.

Reactions: DarkDaemonX

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
FMC is the only ONE in the main harem that can be turned down COMPLELTELY and there's good reason for that story-wise.
So this is a predetermined harem, not a choose-your-own harem?
By COMPLETELY, do you mean... romantically?

I'm liking the game so far, but I'm not into motherly characters, and certainly not after finding out that she had sex with MC's actual mother. Just looking to find out if this crosses into NOPE territory for me as I do genuinely enjoy the game so far.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Why is Sayumi named FMC in the WT? I doubt it's just so she's not confused with present Sayumi.

Is Aino also a LI, she obviously has a crush on the MC.

Last edited:

eolostudios

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
I'm always happy to help, it's a great game.

So, I'd say my test was a success, it works for other flags too.
Ah, I think I may have an idea what causes this; but adjusting everything now would make everyone have to start over so it'll have to wait. Thank you though!

So this is a predetermined harem, not a choose-your-own harem?
By COMPLETELY, do you mean... romantically?

I'm liking the game so far, but I'm not into motherly characters, and certainly not after finding out that she had sex with MC's actual mother. Just looking to find out if this crosses into NOPE territory for me as I do genuinely enjoy the game so far.
Yes, there is a predetermined harem but there are other heroines you can turn down, and I tried to make it as clear as possible on the choices and walkthrough.(Chitose and FMC)

If you're not liking Akemi now and as well as addressing your statement, then the next 2 chapters will be very bad news for you. You might want to steer away, if that's a NOPE for you.

Why is Sayumi named FMC in the WT? I doubt it's just so she's not confused with present Sayumi.

Is Aino also a LI, she obviously has a crush on the MC.
Aino = No, sorry if you like her.

Journey isn't even halfway done yet, we haven't even seen what happened in the "lost time", only hints, I estimate the halfway mark is at the next chapter or at 20.
No happy endings, time travel is on a closed loop, and the tragedy that happened once will befall them again.
+ EO dies.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Ah, I think I may have an idea what causes this; but adjusting everything now would make everyone have to start over so it'll have to wait. Thank you though!
No problem, happy to help.

Aino = No, sorry if you like her.
Too bad, poor Aino though, she just gets left out completely.

Will there be more girls/women to add to the harem later, or are the only ones the main harem + Chitose and FMC?

May 27, 2017
Journey isn't even halfway done yet, we haven't even seen what happened in the "lost time", only hints, I estimate the halfway mark is at the next chapter or at 20.
I was just commenting on how the journey "so far" has been a great one. I don't think I implied that it was nearing the end, but it maybe to easy to interpret it that way. Still, good to hear there's a lot more to come.

I remember during the previous year, seeing the underwhelming graphics of Koikatsu (compared to Daz), being intrigued by the overview, and walking in due to the tags. It's been a heck of journey for me, falling in love with the story and the characters.

No happy endings, time travel is on a closed loop, and the tragedy that happened once will befall them again.
+ EO dies.
I hope you're being facetious, otherwise, a sad ending would not suit such a light-hearted narrative. And, even though they're fictional characters, I've grown attached to them and I still want them to be happy in the end. I'm not active on the thread, I'm assuming EO is a dev member?

My understanding, so far:-
Time is a straight line, like a boat going down a river. And deviations made in the timeline through time-travel, cause separate timelines to form.

When tragedy strikes and the FMC goes back in time, a new branched timeline is created at the point she travels to in her past (i.e. our present). This branch becomes the new main timeline (the timeline we're playing through in the VN), where she influences her past (our present) to change the future, in order to prevent the tragedy. In the branched timeline, the future tragedy is prevented, so the chain of events that caused the time-travel to take place, never happens. FMC disappears in the branched timeline after taking steps to prevent the tragedy from happening, because the future is already different from her old timeline. So, in this branched timeline, there is no tragedy, so no time-travel, and FMC will only remain a memory to the people she interacted with. FMC would not be able to return to the timeline where the tragedy took place, as in the new main timeline the future is already changed. Assuming she's their daughter, she would grow up and not have any need to travel to the past, hence the FMC in our timeline would disappear.. And the old timeline would not see the effects of FMC's actions, as her meddling in the past has created a new timeline, where her time-travel would not be needed.

In this theory, how would a closed loop even work? Time-travel is theoretically possible, but there are so many theories and so much we don't know, it's more fiction than science. I don't think it'll ever be possible, to harness the amount of energy needed to travel so much faster than the speed of light, that we actually move backwards in time. Can you please explain at least the concept you're adopting for the time-travel in your story?

Last edited:

eolostudios

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
Last edited:
May 26, 2020
The thing I'm still trying to wrap my head around is where is this daughter theory keep coming from? Cause I've seen it pop up a couple of times and it makes no sense. Cause i was under the impression that MC's future child was still minor.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
The thing I'm still trying to wrap my head around is where is this daughter theory keep coming from? Cause I've seen it pop up a couple of times and it makes no sense. Cause i was under the impression that MC's future child was still minor.
People like to theory craft. FMC has been revealed as an unreliable narrator about the future. So it could be possible that she says the MC’s kid is younger so that he doesn’t suspect her, or maybe he has a younger kid, but an older one too. It is possible that MC and Sayumi end up married because he accidentally knocks her up and FMC doesn’t want to put that at risk. Lots of possibilities.

Though, FMC could be someone else. The introduction of time travel also opens the door to all kinds of sci-if shenanigans. Maybe she is a clone, and the darker hair is a byproduct of the cloning. And that’s just a crazy idea that popped in my head just now.

4.60 star(s) 64 Votes