WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
For Unity games there's no need to wait for someone to code a gallery unlocker. You can view all the CG used in the game by extracting from the .asset file.

- Download a free copy of AssetStudio.
- Extract the files and open AssetStudioGUI.exe
- Under the "File" tab, choose "Load File"
- navigate to, then open: \MyWifesAStar\MWAS_Data\resource.assets
- Once you get the notice that X number of files are available, click on the "Asset List" tab
- You can view all the artwork listed as "Texture2D".
- You can then "Export" whichever files you want to keep.

That said, there is a walkthrough/gallery (of sorts) built into the game, but it hasn't been updated in a while.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
For Unity games there's no need to wait for someone to code a gallery unlocker. You can view all the CG used in the game by extracting from the .asset file.

- Download a free copy of AssetStudio.
- Extract the files and open AssetStudioGUI.exe
- Under the "File" tab, choose "Load File"
- navigate to, then open: \MyWifesAStar\MWAS_Data\resource.assets
- Once you get the notice that X number of files are available, click on the "Asset List" tab
- You can view all the artwork listed as "Texture2D".
- You can then "Export" whichever files you want to keep.

That said, there is a walkthrough/gallery (of sorts) built into the game, but it hasn't been updated in a while.

That doesn't work on everyone though, I've used it on a few and not on a few. Yes, in this case for this game and does. Even though you've explained that in detail, people still won't understand, in most cases an unlocker is easier for most people.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
That doesn't work on everyone though, I've used it on a few and not on a few. Yes, in this case for this game and does. Even though you've explained that in detail, people still won't understand, in most cases an unlocker is easier for most people.
This game has a pretty bad engine/overlay. I don't mind the Sandbox elements but the Save slots being limited is a crime. It's the same for the lack of Gallery since what we currently have is just a slide-show.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
This game has a pretty bad engine/overlay. I don't mind the Sandbox elements but the Save slots being limited is a crime. It's the same for the lack of Gallery since what we currently have is just a slide-show.

To be bluntly honest, I think this is the third time I've had this game downloaded and just sitting in my download folder untouched. It's just I always forget about it. I think it's because every time I do remember, I remember Unity. Granted the other Unity game here I have played (and like) is Timestamps, I guess maybe because this isn't a VN like it is. The screenshots and the tags all are up my ally, just never really gave it a shot.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
To be bluntly honest, I think this is the third time I've had this game downloaded and just sitting in my download folder untouched. It's just I always forget about it. I think it's because every time I do remember, I remember Unity. Granted the other Unity game here I have played (and like) is Timestamps, I guess maybe because this isn't a VN like it is. The screenshots and the tags all are up my ally, just never really gave it a shot.
I think you should definitely try it... eventually. The sanbox elements would be really nice IF the game had plenty of things you could do.

For example, you are given few choices where you can go but out of like 5 choices, only 2 have something you can do with them. So once this game is near finished, it should really be nice to play.

The save slots are not the worst but you have limited amount of them and it's sometime hard to follow them. The Gallery is basically non-existent. It's just a slide-show. So I'm hoping someone eventually makea a Ren'py port.

Reactions: Jstforme

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Still waiting for android please
As far as I know, the developer of this game doesn't hang out here (but I could be wrong). The fact that the game uses Unity makes it less likely someone can do the port (plenty of folks here that can do Ren'Py to Android). Maybe post on the open forum asking for someone who knows how to make the conversion.

Joiplay doesn't work with Unity, but maybe there's something else out there?

Reactions: andi222

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
this game is cool but its hard to play, I mean, its hard to know what to do and open the events
It's designed to be played multiple times. So make saves at choices, then play out that route. I also look at the CG to see if I've missed anything. But yes, it would be nice if there was a detailed walkthrough.

Reactions: TwoSeven13

TwoSeven13

Sep 24, 2022
It's designed to be played multiple times. So make saves at choices, then play out that route. I also look at the CG to see if I've missed anything. But yes, it would be nice if there was a detailed walkthrough.
What I've started doing is making saves with long, detailed names saying what choice is coming up, so that I can easily remember and go back. Its a bit frustrating, but it works for a lot of it. There are still some aspects of the game I've never unlocked though.

mcbyte

Dec 29, 2018
How do I get the scene at the "Spin the dildo" party where veryone fucks with everyone ???

3.80 star(s) 60 Votes