Sha1ax

Mar 27, 2018
Looks like we're getting two new abilities. A Super Smash Bros style Zelda down-air, and a 'drill dash' which appears to be the air version of the ground-dash, but even faster

Reactions: MortimerScharf
Nov 24, 2017
Looks like we're getting two new abilities. A Super Smash Bros style Zelda down-air, and a 'drill dash' which appears to be the air version of the ground-dash, but even faster
That is interesting! I wonder if BlueBall decided to add that as a way to simplify the platforming.

LesboIsBesto

Dec 30, 2020
is the button to move to next dialogue in bad ending cutscenes extra sensitive for yall too? skipping more than 1 dialogue bubble at a time?

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
I missed the submission period, I would have suggested one for the Sadako in the graveyard. My fault for not checking the emails more often =/
And the best idea in the futa group is trailing 2nd... I need that hung centaur please...

Ol_Stone_Ears

Jun 5, 2021
"
And like the basic dash, the drill dash lets Maya phase through enemies and projectiles unharmed.
"

...Have I been dodging things the hard way this whole time?

Reactions: Bulbanych

Taboo-Sho

Nov 15, 2018
Really? Adding potion drinking animations to a 2D action game? I like this game alot but thats a SERIOUSLY bad change.

And potion sickness really? Are they trying to make boss fights harder on purpose?

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
And potion sickness really? Are they trying to make boss fights harder on purpose?
I hate this mechanic enough in Terraria wherre it's possible to tank most bosses with your face. Here where that behavvoiur gets you dicked/eaten faster than you can say "oops" it's ridiculous. And this is from someone who routinely plays without armour.

Reactions: Bulbanych

Valentine9

May 16, 2020
Really? Adding potion drinking animations to a 2D action game? I like this game alot but thats a SERIOUSLY bad change.

The interruptable potion drinking animation reeks of Souls-like cringe but it's within the realm of acceptability.

Having potion sickness ON TOP of that though? Yup, the annoyance factor of the projectile spamming bosses (who do truckloads of damage) is gonna be through the roof.

Nov 21, 2020
People hating on changes/mechanics before even trying them out, classic. Also implying no future balancing efforts can be made to the rest of the game to offset potions not being spammable. I mean clearly this game is finished and will see no future changes, right? Don't worry though, i'm sure the dev will add a weenie mode for all you crybabies throwing a fit over having your abusable mechanic taken from you. God forbid you play a game that doesn't hold both your hands from start to finish.

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
People hating on changes/mechanics before even trying them out, classic. Also implying no future balancing efforts can be made to the rest of the game to offset potions not being spammable. I mean clearly this game is finished and will see no future changes, right? Don't worry though, i'm sure the dev will add a weenie mode for all you crybabies throwing a fit over having your abusable mechanic taken from you. God forbid you play a game that doesn't hold both your hands from start to finish.
Potion spam is only a problem because there's no limit on how many potions you can carry and it's easy to grind a hundred of each type in minutes thanks to the fact that their pickups respawn. I'd rather the carried potion limit be set to a low number. If one runs out of potions mid stage, that's a signal to get good. When there's a timer and an abundance of potions, that's an incentive to wait for the timer in a safe spot rather than play the game.

Sha1ax

Mar 27, 2018
I don't know if it's in the new version yet, but i've been speaking to Mega. A regeneration-style potion is planned to be added if it isn't in already, which is notably faster to drink, and also... heals over a period of time. That's the best I could do for y'all

Nov 21, 2020
Potion spam is only a problem because there's no limit on how many potions you can carry and it's easy to grind a hundred of each type in minutes thanks to the fact that their pickups respawn. I'd rather the carried potion limit be set to a low number. If one runs out of potions mid stage, that's a signal to get good. When there's a timer and an abundance of potions, that's an incentive to wait for the timer in a safe spot rather than play the game.
That's one way to deal with it sure. Infinite inventory and itemspawn camping will have to go at some point either way, but still lets not immediately write off the direction the dev wants to go. I for one think the addition of drinking animation + action, although minor, will improve the overall aesthetic/feel of the game instead of just pressing a button -> +X health. Little things like this add up. I understand worries about certain boss battles now seeming impossible, but you are not supposed to have to potionspam your way through any sequence to defeat a boss, thats either bad design or you haven't figured the boss out yet. Also I wouldn't be suprised if the shield spell allows you to drink uninterrupted as it gives you total immunity.

Last edited:

yoboideath64

Nov 29, 2020

makes sense being interrupted by damage when drinking a potion, but potion sickness is just unnecessary. you can say what ya want but your post here just speaks for itself man. just know i dont think anyone will take you seriously now.

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes