RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Go to the Lobby, click Renovate, nothing happens
Click it again, nothing happens
Look up at my money, 200,000 is gone.

Yeah, bugged, not bothering until it actually has some work done on it.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Go to the Lobby, click Renovate, nothing happens
Click it again, nothing happens
Look up at my money, 200,000 is gone.

Yeah, bugged, not bothering until it actually has some work done on it.
Do you remember what tarot card you selected? On the first playthrough, I encountered an issue similar to yours when I tried to renovate the kitchen. There wasn't enough money remaining (and there should have been) after I renovated the lobby.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Do you remember what tarot card you selected? On the first playthrough, I encountered an issue similar to yours when I tried to renovate the kitchen. There wasn't enough money remaining (and there should have been) after I renovated the lobby.
"The Lover"
Which I didn't pick for the obvious reason, supposedly it's supposed to make higher rarity cards show up more often

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
"The Lover"
Which I didn't pick for the obvious reason, supposedly it's supposed to make higher rarity cards show up more often
Hmm.. Mine happened when I selected The Chosen One. Faerin is aware of it, but we can't identify the cause yet. So you're the second person to run into a problem.

Last edited:

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Finally decided to give this one a shot now that it's had a few updates and I am seriously impressed. There's a level of polish here you just don't see in adult games, and I'm very intrigued to see how the hotel mechanics merge into the story as the project takes shape. I'm looking forward to seeing what it'll be like once there's a good chunk of story content available.

One suggestion I do have, since it's still early in development: give up on the incest-bait (i.e. "I can't believe I looked at my Dad's girlfriend's breasts!") and just play to the roles outlined in the intro. There's just enough plausibility in there to make things feel organic, and it really hurts the dialogue when you shoehorn in awkward phrases like that just so the incest-patch folks have an easier time. You've got the chops to sell this one on the merits without going all Oedipal.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Hmm.. Mine happened when I selected The Chosen One. Faerin is aware of it, but we can't identify the cause yet. So you're the second person to run into a problem.
I got the Chosen One as a bonus card after I picked the Lover.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I got the Chosen One as a bonus card after I picked the Lover.
Ok. That gives me something to go on. I'm still not sure exactly where the problem is, but we don't think it's tied to the cards since
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The weird thing is I did about a dozen playthroughs after I noticed the problem initially and I wasn't able to replicate it either time since.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
monkeywithfins and RoadWulf, can I get you guys to do me a favor? Could you attach the file "Player.log" for me please? If you've done another playthrough after you encountered those problems, it may not show up in there (I could be wrong, but still worth looking into).

The file is located in Users\account-name\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

Thanks guys! :)

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Hey guys,

There's a bug in the current build that allows you to renovate twice (if you click real fast at a very specific time) reducing the money twice as well.
I've fixed it for the next release.

Thanks for letting me know!

erisedxes

Mar 17, 2018
I am curious about the design of female employees, which we will get:
1) High customization and randomization which most of girls are spawn with random traits OR
2) Story-oriented which most of girls are designated based on the story progress

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
I'm about to check this game for first time, but I already see in changelog: Implemented save encryption. Why would anyone loose time on feature like this?

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes