Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The only time that has happened was when the spanish translation was bugged in one of the previous game version.
So if you have copied your old profile directory which contains settings.ini file that had the spanish translation as default language, the game was frozen at the loading screen.
As a workaround it was to delete that file and play the game in english for one month. The next month the bug was fixed.
As I said, it was the previous version, never used any translation (No me hablo Espanyol Barcelona), and certainly do not unpack into old folders. No problems right now, and it just happened that once (well, thrice or so, until I let it run its course) so for now there's nothing really to do.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
It doesn't matter really. I have to open most Ren'Py's by Admin anyway to allow to take screenshots. Just a habit I've gotten into so I don't mind doing it for non-Ren'Py's
Sorry if you thought I was accusing you of anything. We haven't heard of any reports about that here or on Discord other than that the one instance I mentioned earlier pertaining to the cheat mod. So that's the first thing that came to mind.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
Sorry if you thought I was accusing you of anything. We haven't heard of any reports about that here or on Discord other than that the one instance I mentioned earlier pertaining to the cheat mod. So that's the first thing that came to mind.
Nah no offense or anything taken. No worries.

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Nah no offense or anything taken. No worries.
Here's an easy way around that so you don't have to run it as admin all the time.

Code:
@echo off
:: BatchGotAdmin (Run as Admin code starts)
REM --> Check for permissions
>nul 2>&1 "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\cacls.exe" "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\config\system"
REM --> If error flag set, we do not have admin.
if '%errorlevel%' NEQ '0' (
echo Requesting administrative privileges...
goto UACPrompt
) else ( goto gotAdmin )
:UACPrompt
echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
echo UAC.ShellExecute "%~s0", "", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
"%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
exit /B
:gotAdmin
if exist "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" ( del "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" )
pushd "%CD%"
CD /D "%~dp0"

REM Add the full path to the game here...
REM Example:
REM D:
REM cd "some folder name"\games\"Mystwood Manor v0.4.3"
REM "mystwood manor.exe"
REM Make sure quotes are included for folders that have a space in the name.
REM Example: C:\"Program Files (x86)"
REM Use the space below (before the exit command) for your game's full path.

EXIT
Copy and paste that into any text editor and use "Save as". Give it a .bat extension
Ex: mwm.bat

Then run the batch file. That will launch the game for you as admin.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It doesn't matter really. I have to open most Ren'Py's by Admin anyway to allow to take screenshots. Just a habit I've gotten into so I don't mind doing it for non-Ren'Py's
Are you, by chance, extracting these games to a system folder, like the Desktop or Documents?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I like simplicity, so here's a batch file I wrote that you can use so you don't have to run the game as admin. Just extract the file to the game's main folder and run the file "mwm launcher.bat" and it will run the game as admin for you.

Reactions: TheDevian

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
zizobc, according to the specs on your GPU, you should be able to support the game. Can you tell me what your system specs are, please?

OS, RAM, CPU..

Patira

Sep 20, 2017
To be fair, I had the same (in the previous version) without using any mod. The solution for me was to really wait it out once, give it 10 mins or so. Some internal hiccup apparently, probably not a direct bug of the game but something in my machine - though it happened multiple times with Mystwood. Once resolved it didn't show again.
Thx, I'll try it that way.
Haven't played the game before, so I guess it can't be any used Mods

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes