jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
One thing about this game that I have noticed is that the MC is fucking pointless. He cannot work in any capacity within the hotel. Of what use is he then? He should be able to work at the Reception, Bar, Restaurant, Cleaning, Maintenance and all the other jobs. Having lived and worked in a hotel I know that all people need to be able to do more than 1 job!
it's a game my man

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
You can't talk about wing girls without mentioning Veronica from MotH. Especially not in this thread ;)

Apart from that, kinks are different, and I suspect it's not the "wing girl helping you" part but the "wing girl is having action with other girls instead of you" thing. Can only guess of course, but in the end, what's hot for one may be not for the other.
The thing is, that when the one of the main motif of the plot revoles around a mystical mist (see what I did there), that literally makes every girl that lives in the hotel horny for the MC, even those who wouldn't even think of it otherwise (Julia and Amber most likely, given their status), then the role of a wing girl, wing guy, wing whatever, becomes completely redundant. Chronologically, things with Julia already started to take off even before Kay arrived on the scene, and basically every single girl showed an interest in the MC, by their own or with the mists help, even those who arrived post-Kay, like Laura, Anika and Hannah. Unless the last remaining staff member, (I'm guessing only one more addition to the roster given that there's only 1 person for pool, club, and security jobs right now) will need to be pushed by Kay to show interest in the MC, or if the guest content will include something similar, she is not a wing girl, she might becomes one sometimes in future, but as of now, that notion is simply not true.

This is why the comparison with Veronica is completely off the mark. If we want to use MoTH terms, she's closer to Diane. I won't say they are identical, because unlike Diane, Kay is rather blatant, not manipulative, and unlike MoTH MC, this one does seems to go along with her willingly, given the lack of actual choices and linear storytelling. Still, you seem to cut her in on a gig you already got on your own, instead of getting said gig that with her help, and that's isn't really good a pay-off. It's like you have ice cream, and someone asks you to if they can taste it, and you can taste theirs in exchange, but unlike that person who only has one, you have several, and they taste several flavors, while you'll only get to taste one. Hence why the whole "I scratch your back and you scratch mine" statement in the game is very stretched and warped as well.

This is where those who doesn't like her content comes from, because when you give up way more than you get, that's not an equal partnership and exchange, and many won't like such thing, especially when it's this obvious, there's no other chance than just simply ignore it altogether, and even the narration tries to make it seem like it's some super great thing, which honestly just comes off as part of the weird pubertant boyis character for the over 20 years old MC.

jmcronshaw

Apr 19, 2020
The thing is, that when the one of the main motif of the plot revoles around a mystical mist (see what I did there), that literally makes every girl that lives in the hotel horny for the MC, even those who wouldn't even think of it otherwise (Julia and Amber most likely, given their status), then the role of a wing girl, wing guy, wing whatever, becomes completely redundant. Chronologically, things with Julia already started to take off even before Kay arrived on the scene, and basically every single girl showed an interest in the MC, by their own or with the mists help, even those who arrived post-Kay, like Laura, Anika and Hannah. Unless the last remaining staff member, (I'm guessing only one more addition to the roster given that there's only 1 person for pool, club, and security jobs right now) will need to be pushed by Kay to show interest in the MC, or if the guest content will include something similar, she is not a wing girl, she might becomes one sometimes in future, but as of now, that notion is simply not true.

This is why the comparison with Veronica is completely off the mark. If we want to use MoTH terms, she's closer to Diane. I won't say they are identical, because unlike Diane, Kay is rather blatant, not manipulative, and unlike MoTH MC, this one does seems to go along with her willingly, given the lack of actual choices and linear storytelling. Still, you seem to cut her in on a gig you already got on your own, instead of getting said gig that with her help, and that's isn't really good a pay-off. It's like you have ice cream, and someone asks you to if they can taste it, and you can taste theirs in exchange, but unlike that person who only has one, you have several, and they taste several flavors, while you'll only get to taste one. Hence why the whole "I scratch your back and you scratch mine" statement in the game is very stretched and warped as well.

This is where those who doesn't like her content comes from, because when you give up way more than you get, that's not an equal partnership and exchange, and many won't like such thing, especially when it's this obvious, there's no other chance than just simply ignore it altogether, and even the narration tries to make it seem like it's some super great thing, which honestly just comes off as part of the weird pubertant boyis character for the over 20 years old MC.
or maybe you just like Kay and want to have fun with her and Julia.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: junior366

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

Some valid points, just two annotations:

About "Amber and Julia not going for the MC without the Myst" - possible, but at least Amber and Riley seem to have had a thing for MC even before all this Manor business started, remember the game which they used to play as kids (the "knowledge" of which, thanks dad, got us Amber as an employee in the first place)? Given the later mention in the A/R scene it seems to me a lot like this was swooning over MC.

About "boy in puberty" - a bit, yes, but that's a common theme. At least he has still some other stuff on his mind except for fucking, there are worse offenders out there who cannot even hold a straight conversation with a woman (granted, in some of the scenes "our" MC is having troubles, too).

Reactions: TheDevian

Zal

May 5, 2017
Congrats on Dev for the game. It´s awesome!!!Anyone can tell if we can reach lvl 5 (hotel category and girls wise) on this version or should we wait for the next one? Thanks in advance.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Congrats on Dev for the game. It´s awesome!!!Anyone can tell if we can reach lvl 5 (hotel category and girls wise) on this version or should we wait for the next one? Thanks in advance.
No, it's not possible to get to level 5 right now. That will be in later updates.

where is Level 1? error?
No, it's not an error or bug, that's been corrected.

Taken from the 0.4.2 changelog:
Increased (corrected) the level requirements for claiming tier rewards.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Some valid points, just two annotations:

About "Amber and Julia not going for the MC without the Myst" - possible, but at least Amber and Riley seem to have had a thing for MC even before all this Manor business started, remember the game which they used to play as kids (the "knowledge" of which, thanks dad, got us Amber as an employee in the first place)? Given the later mention in the A/R scene it seems to me a lot like this was swooning over MC.
True for Amber, but having certain feelings and actually acting upon them is two entirely different things, especially in their circumstances. She did that after the effects of the myst, and that's what gave the MC the all clear sign with her. It's especially true for Julia who was visited by a mystified (gotta love the wordplay possibilities here) version of the MC.

About "boy in puberty" - a bit, yes, but that's a common theme. At least he has still some other stuff on his mind except for fucking, there are worse offenders out there who cannot even hold a straight conversation with a woman (granted, in some of the scenes "our" MC is having troubles, too).
It's a common theme, in games where characters, especially the main one are "over 18", but in reality they are very well in their teenage years. MoTH falls under this category, and that's why it flew there. Here though, this guy isn't some ugly ass toad, 80's Bill Gates lookalike, or a looser midget. Neither he's in his teenage years, which would make the horn dog teenage boy that only ever saw a pussy on pictures characteristic plausible. That's why whenever he shows parallels with those type of characters I'm frowning, because what works there, doesn't work here.

Reactions: Cartageno

Thargor

Jul 14, 2018
Any way to change the money without the cheat mod. I tried to open the safefile in an online editor but couldnt find any informations about what id have to change.

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Any way to change the money without the cheat mod. I tried to open the safefile in an online editor but couldnt find any informations about what id have to change.
Because the save is encrypted to avoid this kind of cheating

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
There's a key file included in order to access the cheats, so you don't need a cheat mod. ;)

Nelix171

Apr 10, 2020
how do you hire the girls in this game? I've got 1 milf and 1 girl that's it. not really getting anywhere with it as i cant get the girls to do all the activities required!

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
The incest patch doesn't want to insert in the root game directory for the latest update. I get a warning that WinRAR can add files to only RAR and ZIP archives. I've been able to insert this before and not sure what's going on. Thanks.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
The incest patch doesn't want to insert in the root game directory for the latest update. I get a warning that WinRAR can add files to only RAR and ZIP archives. I've been able to insert this before and not sure what's going on. Thanks.
You need to extract to a folder to play, you can't play from an archive.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes