whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
He did not ask when the next update comes out but asked what girls will be in the next update.
lol answer came 2 posts after, instead of 2 posts before. That's a definite improvement!
Sure we've all seen dev updates posted in threads & the post immediately after asking "when's next update?", etc.
I'm calling this a win! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
Pretty good so far. Good amount of content. Some gameplay that's not too boring nor too distracting; nice visuals (except maybe some of the facial expressions, they tend to be scary ;) ). Even a bit of a story.

Some stuff feels a bit too repetitive (like collecting cards), I also didn't like how the security requirement was introduced and then you had to collect the money for the room - I was just coincidentally close to getting there anyway, otherwise I guess I'd have gotten those security events for ages (not sure whether they affect much right now). Bit restrictive in how you can use your characters - of course that's also part of the challenge. At the same time it'd have felt appropriate to me if the MC could do any job but at half effectiveness or something along those lines - also because the way energy is displayed I found confusing (I get it; it shows what they have if they rest/work, but somehow this more often than not threw me off), and also because for example you only get one char that can work in the lobby.

I like how there's actually guests and you can see them; hopefully they'll get a bit of personality in the future too (right now what they want is just random, right?). It works as it is but I think it'd add another layer if there were a bit more to them, too. And that the sexy bits are built up is refreshing to me too; instead of just immediately getting there. Sometimes I want things to develop a bit.

So, yeah, overall pretty good. Definitely recommended to people who like this sort of stuff.

Reactions: Enot1964 and Faerin

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I like how there's actually guests and you can see them; hopefully they'll get a bit of personality in the future too (right now what they want is just random, right?). It works as it is but I think it'd add another layer if there were a bit more to them, too. And that the sexy bits are built up is refreshing to me too; instead of just immediately getting there. Sometimes I want things to develop a bit.
There is one guest who has a quest associated, the old guy with the beard who's writing a book, or something.
Level 5 for the final 3 girls & Hotel is next, then more guest quests will be coming. More staff, too! (y)

_808

Aug 10, 2019
Does anyone have crashing problems when loading a save or even when starting a new game ?

Here comes my Player.log in case of someone can help me

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Does anyone have crashing problems when loading a save or even when starting a new game ?

Here comes my Player.log in case of someone can help me
Well, there is one thing I noticed right away and that there's a problem with D3D11 (which would be related to DirectX). So I would suggest starting there by downloading and installing . It won't replace nor overwrite DX11/12 on your system. Then make sure that you have the latest runtimes installed. When you download the all-in-one, extract the files to a temporary folder (you'll delete it after install) then run the included "install_all.bat" file. No restart is required for either installation.

Lastly, the crash on loading typically happens if you have any of the following software installed on your machine:
°Nahimic
°FMOD
°Citrix
°Strix
°Aegis 3
°Sonic Studio 2
°RivaTuner Statistics Server
°Apple/Quicktime products (including "Bonjour")

So if you have any of the above installed, they will need to be disabled before loading your game. There is a workaround for Citrix, so if you use that, let me know and I'll walk you through what you need to do.

Reactions: _808

_808

Aug 10, 2019
Well, there is one thing I noticed right away and that there's a problem with D3D11 (which would be related to DirectX). So I would suggest starting there by downloading and installing . It won't replace nor overwrite DX11/12 on your system. Then make sure that you have the latest runtimes installed. When you download the all-in-one, extract the files to a temporary folder (you'll delete it after install) then run the included "install_all.bat" file. No restart is required for either installation.

Lastly, the crash on loading typically happens if you have any of the following software installed on your machine:
°Nahimic
°FMOD
°Citrix
°Strix
°Aegis 3
°Sonic Studio 2
°RivaTuner Statistics Server
°Apple/Quicktime products (including "Bonjour")

So if you have any of the above installed, they will need to be disabled before loading your game. There is a workaround for Citrix, so if you use that, let me know and I'll walk you through what you need to do.
Thanks for the quick answer but unfortunately, that doesn't change anything.

I have installed Direct X 9.0 (with the because the web installer didn't install anything) and all the Visual C++ Redistributable runtimes as indicated. I don't have any of the software that can cause the crash (I had Bonjour in the past but it is uninstalled since a few months). And Unity continues to crash.

I reupload the latest Player.log if something has changed.

qpqqp

Jun 9, 2018
I'm stuck on Laura 4-1, when you visit her at night. Once I get back to my room, I can't advance the text and it stays stuck on "Right. I better try to get some sleep". The only way I can get out is by loading a previous save. Anyone have a fix pls ty?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thanks for the quick answer but unfortunately, that doesn't change anything.

I have installed Direct X 9.0 (with the because the web installer didn't install anything) and all the Visual C++ Redistributable runtimes as indicated. I don't have any of the software that can cause the crash (I had Bonjour in the past but it is uninstalled since a few months). And Unity continues to crash.

I reupload the latest Player.log if something has changed.
You're welcome. And thanks for giving those tips a try. Sadly, I'm seeing the same thing in the new log that was in the previous one:
d3d11: CreateDXGIFactory2(...) not found, fallbacking to CreateDXGIFactory1(...).
d3d11: D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_11_1 not-recognized (only 11.0 runtime installed?)
d3d11: QueryInterface(IDXGIFactory5) failed (80004002).
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (ID=0x166)
Vendor: (null)
VRAM: 1632 MB
Driver: 9.17.10.2875
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
- Completed reload, in 0.128 seconds
Dedicated video D3D11 device creation failed (error: 0x80004005). This device is used specifically for video decoding, we will use software video decoding instead.<RI> Initializing input.
So I have a few questions for you so we can try to isolate this.
  1. What operating system do you use?
  2. Is the OS up-to-date with system updates?
  3. Are the drivers for your video card up-to-date?
  4. Are you using the mod?
Let me know and we'll go from there. In the meantime, I'll pass along your new player log to Faerin and let you know what we come up with.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I don't see anything that seems off to me (except for being on Hotel level 4 after 10 days).

Edit: ah, sorry, you probably mean Julia's resolution.
Good catch. There's no way anyone could get to level 4 in 10 days without using the cheat mod. And at the very least, Karen should be at VIP 3 by now. Also, Julia's outfit is a bit off as well if the manor is at level 4. ;)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Good catch. There's no way anyone could get to level 4 in 10 days without using the cheat mod. And at the very least, Karen should be at VIP 3 by now. Also, Julia's outfit is a bit off as well if the manor is at level 4. ;)
Well, you can avoid vipping her up by making wrong choices or only inviting lower levels, and also never do any Julia events so she stays level 1. My guess would be that that will happen only very rarely, but it does not defy the laws of physics.

Edit: it's also rare to see security installed but not health or maintenance.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Well, you can avoid vipping her up by making wrong choices or only inviting lower levels, and also never do any Julia events so she stays level 1. My guess would be that that will happen only very rarely, but it does not defy the laws of physics.

Edit: it's also rare to see security installed but not health or maintenance.
Yeah, that's true. Each update we test, I try to avoid taking on any guests so I can concentrate on the staff's events to include in the next guide. Unless there's a specific guest that has any events; like Orville for example, I don't allow guests to check in. Having said that though, in my save, Karen is VIP 3. I do need to start taking on guests again to see if there are any other additions I need to include.

4.00 star(s) 241 Votes