TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I know what would happen if a room is full & someone else wants that service. That's the point. You have to do so much grinding to increase the staff & hotel levels it becomes even worse when you can have 5 quest and then have to examine each and evey one of them to see if you have to refuse someone. The game selects what the customer wants randomly, therefore it could also check to see if a room has been filled & if so assign a different service. The only other solution would be never to have more than 3 guest at a time. Regardless of what difficulty level you choose to play once the game is completed you would have the same problem. Games in my opinion should always be fun to play and not a drag trying to play it regardless of the difficulty.

There is no reason for someone being rude or a smart ass when someone is trying to ask a question or perhaps suggest something that playing the game a little better. Talking about the mechanics not difficulty. If the game could use keyboard as well as mouse that would reduce so much clicking, but you may not be able to do that in Unity. Anyway, thank you for your response and have a nice day.
Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should.
There is a reason you can see what services they want when they check in, and if you cannot provide those services, then you should not be taking them in.

Personally, I never take in more than 2 guests, I seen no reason to do so when the game is being played on hard. When the game gets balanced for the other difficulty levels, then that might become more viable, but as the manager, you should not accept more work than your staff can handle.
Man, the game gets repetitive very early, while the story is almost non existent at this point. Every "event" is shorter than a hobbit's cock. I'm almost at hotel lvl 5, while almost all the staff has all 3 skills at lvl5. The amount of story or hot content that i've experienced here is massively overshadowed by the repetitive bullshit. Just wasted too much time for a big disappointment. Man of the house was more fun.
Is it even possible to get the hotel to level 5 without the staff being that high without cheating? It's new, so I am not sure myself, never tested that...

You can set the level of the guests, you can limit how many you allow to stay, and you can send the girls for training in the study to get them up to snuff, or you can wait until the game gets balanced for the easier difficulties, if the management parts are not for you.

Lopgoldlover

Jan 6, 2018
i stucked at some point where it says you need to advance on story but main charecters progress is full.still cant build yoga room and club.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I know what would happen if a room is full & someone else wants that service. That's the point. You have to do so much grinding to increase the staff & hotel levels it becomes even worse when you can have 5 quest and then have to examine each and evey one of them to see if you have to refuse someone. The game selects what the customer wants randomly, therefore it could also check to see if a room has been filled & if so assign a different service. The only other solution would be never to have more than 3 guest at a time. Regardless of what difficulty level you choose to play once the game is completed you would have the same problem. Games in my opinion should always be fun to play and not a drag trying to play it regardless of the difficulty.

There is no reason for someone being rude or a smart ass when someone is trying to ask a question or perhaps suggest something that playing the game a little better. Talking about the mechanics not difficulty. If the game could use keyboard as well as mouse that would reduce so much clicking, but you may not be able to do that in Unity. Anyway, thank you for your response and have a nice day.
Why the hell should the game check for you? Or automatically assign acceptable activities to the guests?
You're the manager of the hotel.
It's your job to check and see if you can adequately cater to the guest's needs, or not.
If not, don't accept the guest.
It's that simple.

I am talking, quite specifically, about the mechanics &, more importantly, how to operate within them.
Taking on 4 guests who all need the same service, at the same time, is unlikely in the first place.
Regardless, it's totally within the user's control & is incredibly simple.

If the room can only hold 3 guests, then it's short-sighted, ignorant, or just plain stupid to take on a 4th customer requiring the same service, at the same time, when you knowingly cannot cater to their needs.
All that is doing, is guaranteeing your own failure. Which is indisputably not smart.
Any hotel manager who did this would be reprimanded, if not sacked.

As I said, the simple answer is to turn the guest away, or to reload the auto save and the same guest will turn up, with a different set of randomly assigned activity requirements.
Either way, problem solved. Answer is in your own hands. Nothing to see here.

My pointing out that it would be stupid to accept 4 guests, when you can only cater to 3, is not being "rude", or a "smart ass".
It's a simple truth. It would be a stupid choice to make, when all it does is knowingly guarantee failure.
i stucked at some point where it says you need to advance on story but main charecters progress is full.still cant build yoga room and club.
Take in a guest and increase your XP to take the Hotel to level 5.
Then you should be able to build/renovate both rooms.
Man, the game gets repetitive very early, while the story is almost non existent at this point. Every "event" is shorter than a hobbit's cock. I'm almost at hotel lvl 5, while almost all the staff has all 3 skills at lvl5. The amount of story or hot content that i've experienced here is massively overshadowed by the repetitive bullshit. Just wasted too much time for a big disappointment. Man of the house was more fun.
I'm sorry, but I don't know why you replied to me, with this?
Honestly, I don't care about your opinion.

Last edited:

sabu6

Sep 26, 2017
Cant progress story with Orville Nester beyond level 1. Also i have reached level 5 hotel , but the guests only require kitchen, diner and bar facilities. Earlier they used to use gym and sauna even when staff was less advanced. Is my save corrupted or did i do something to restrict guest with more needs in setting that i cant remember?

Jul 22, 2019
Cant progress story with Orville Nester beyond level 1. Also i have reached level 5 hotel , but the guests only require kitchen, diner and bar facilities. Earlier they used to use gym and sauna even when staff was less advanced. Is my save corrupted or did i do something to restrict guest with more needs in setting that i cant remember?
Do you have the higher levels selected in the lobby? Click the number in the lobby and you can change the level of guests that arrive.

Reactions: sabu6 and S3pHiroTh

luwinkle

Jan 14, 2019
Can you attach a copy of your player log, please? Look in C:\Users\user-account\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

Or use the Windows + R keys to bring up a "Run" dialog box, type: %appdata%, then click "OK". Click on the up arrow to go back one folder, and you'll see "LocalLow".

Later updates... The other girls need to get caught up first.
Won't let me attach .log.

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Are you using the mod? because if you do, you have to remove it and start from beginning because it has corrupted your game.
You have to reach hotel level 5, than Yoga room can be renovated after you have done Annika's second event tier 4, Club room can be renovated after Hana's third event tier 1.

Reactions: Lopgoldlover

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
To add to what whichone already said: in case you already have all the XP you need from playing a previous version: the hotel level upgrade and by consequence the ability to build Yoga and Club can only happen when a guest leaves (with pay, not dissatisfied), so you may need to wait 2-4 days depending on the guests you have taken in.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should.
There is a reason you can see what services they want when they check in, and if you cannot provide those services, then you should not be taking them in.

Personally, I never take in more than 2 guests, I seen no reason to do so when the game is being played on hard. When the game gets balanced for the other difficulty levels, then that might become more viable, but as the manager, you should not accept more work than your staff can handle.

Is it even possible to get the hotel to level 5 without the staff being that high without cheating? It's new, so I am not sure myself, never tested that...

You can set the level of the guests, you can limit how many you allow to stay, and you can send the girls for training in the study to get them up to snuff, or you can wait until the game gets balanced for the easier difficulties, if the management parts are not for you.
Well what you say is fair enough if people intended to play on hard. Those are the people that enjoy the management part likely. Thing is game as is now should be easy or normal for the more casual players with no modes available, remember we play on normal by default with lack of modes. Not hard as is the case now.

As is we have a hard management game at this moment with story and fun events not really implemented yet and what is there locked behind those management parts. Which is in a way fair enough since the game is still in development, but also why I voted against the management hotel idea when Faerin proposed his options, since current state is not a surprise and will likely take even a while longer to rebalance correctly and for him to able to add more of the story, it needs working game mechanics first before can really concentrate on story parts.

Now from mentions and criticisms I read Faerin is actually making some great strides and game is getting closer to where it might be more playable and enjoyable for non management fans, but for now I would advice anyone to do same I do and to not play it until game is further in development unless you are a big fan of management games and some of those tips like not being able to fail if RNG decides they all want same service may well be pretty nice for easy and normal mode for players that just want the story and not have to do first two days of intense management before get close to any fun even when game is much further in development and the fun bits will be in. :)

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019
You're on Day 1 and asking about Cheats? Try playing the game.
You only have 1 staff member.

Not sure if Cheats menu only activates after a certain point, I've never used the cheats, personally.
Where did you download the game from?
The copy I downloaded, from here, has the file already included.
Isn't the cheat menu only for Patreon subscribers? Besides the point that this game doesn't need cheats, its pretty easy to build experience and save money.

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Isn't the cheat menu only for Patreon subscribers? Besides the point that this game doesn't need cheats, its pretty easy to build experience and save money.
The package downloadble here is the full version which has the key.ini file for cheat menu to be enabled.
This menu will be enabled once the tutorial has been concluded which is when first Karen has left the mansion

Reactions: whichone

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
HOOOW do I get the "Two Big Distractions" event with Kay?
Can someone please help!?
Check on her when she is assigned to maintenance in the morning or afternoon. It requires Laura to be resting and the pool must already be renovated.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Well what you say is fair enough if people intended to play on hard. Those are the people that enjoy the management part likely. Thing is game as is now should be easy or normal for the more casual players with no modes available, remember we play on normal by default with lack of modes. Not hard as is the case now.

As is we have a hard management game at this moment with story and fun events not really implemented yet and what is there locked behind those management parts. Which is in a way fair enough since the game is still in development, but also why I voted against the management hotel idea when Faerin proposed his options, since current state is not a surprise and will likely take even a while longer to rebalance correctly and for him to able to add more of the story, it needs working game mechanics first before can really concentrate on story parts.

Now from mentions and criticisms I read Faerin is actually making some great strides and game is getting closer to where it might be more playable and enjoyable for non management fans, but for now I would advice anyone to do same I do and to not play it until game is further in development unless you are a big fan of management games and some of those tips like not being able to fail if RNG decides they all want same service may well be pretty nice for easy and normal mode for players that just want the story and not have to do first two days of intense management before get close to any fun even when game is much further in development and the fun bits will be in. :)
If you do not like the management aspect, your proposal of a way forward is probably the wisest - wait until it is further along the lines and more balanced to your style. As you said yourself, hiccups like this (improvable balancing, more focus on mechanics than story) are to be expected during development.

However I would like to add that the game is not as hard as you make it out to be, because failing guests is not a problem at all. Sure, you'll be missing some money and XP and might have to play a day longer to build the sauna or what have you. Guests will come back regardless, even the one whose name shall not be mentioned. There is no permanent damage done to your progress in any way like in some VNs where you suddenly miss the chance to date Claudette because you leased a green car instead of a red one and thus lost one point. So in the - by the way statistically improbable, so probably not worth the hassle of coding any kind of exception for it - case of four people, even five, all wanting to go to the bar: so what.

You're here for the story as you say, and the story will continue unharmed. You don't have to "master" the management game, you just have to be able to pay your staff at the end of the week and still have a profit. The story will continue. Mom will love you the same whether you satisfied all guests or just one in four. The part you want to work works. You just need more content, which will come sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 243 Votes