Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
To expand on my last post: some times you intentionally fail, you are even expected to fail. Annika doesn't have enough Sauna experience? You need to train her in the sauna. You need to take in guests with a sauna requirement. Which means for a while she might fail because - as said in the beginning - she doesn't have enough experience. Just like in real life, people are not perfect from the beginning and will make mistakes.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
If you do not like the management aspect, your proposal of a way forward is probably the wisest - wait until it is further along the lines and more balanced to your style. As you said yourself, hiccups like this (improvable balancing, more focus on mechanics than story) are to be expected during development.

However I would like to add that the game is not as hard as you make it out to be, because failing guests is not a problem at all. Sure, you'll be missing some money and XP and might have to play a day longer to build the sauna or what have you. Guests will come back regardless, even the one whose name shall not be mentioned. There is no permanent damage done to your progress in any way like in some VNs where you suddenly miss the chance to date Claudette because you leased a green car instead of a red one and thus lost one point. So in the - by the way statistically improbable, so probably not worth the hassle of coding any kind of exception for it - case of four people, even five, all wanting to go to the bar: so what.

You're here for the story as you say, and the story will continue unharmed. You don't have to "master" the management game, you just have to be able to pay your staff at the end of the week and still have a profit. The story will continue. Mom will love you the same whether you satisfied all guests or just one in four. The part you want to work works. You just need more content, which will come sooner rather than later.
Yeah but to reach that content you still have to upgrade the hotel, at least make enough money to pay and hire staff, pay for rooms and so on. The management is a pretty integral part and you will have to at least progress through it to get further story content since partly based on staff and hotel level (I did try the game once or twice on older builds earlier in development :)).

In the end it is up to Faerin anyway how he will wish to implement management in easy mode or maybe completely lets it out of game and game updates all those parts for you automatically except for the guest and staff contacts that are story based in roam around mode in easy mode.

At this moment though that part is more balanced based on hard mode according to discussion of faerin with his testers that he mentioned. So it is not weird people have problems with current state game unless like the management part a lot, well dev is aware and will change it in time. :)

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Yeah but to reach that content you still have to upgrade the hotel, at least make enough money to pay and hire staff, pay for rooms and so on. The management is a pretty integral part and you will have to at least progress through it to get further story content since partly based on staff and hotel level (I did try the game once or twice on older builds earlier in development :)).

In the end it is up to Faerin anyway how he will wish to implement management in easy mode or maybe completely lets it out of game and game updates all those parts for you automatically except for the guest and staff contacts that are story based in roam around mode in easy mode.

At this moment though that part is more balanced based on hard mode according to discussion of faerin with his testers that he mentioned. So it is not weird people have problems with current state game unless like the management part a lot, well dev is aware and will change it in time. :)
Well, since you can already run a profit with only one guest at a time, the "if" shouldn't be an issue, just the "when". Which I can see may get grindy for players not liking management games (why you play a management game in this case in the first place is a different beast). But the main point of the original post starting this discussion was the issue of four people wanting the same service at the same time - and from a practical point of view that's just a non issue. It will happen rarely (the odds of it happening on a given day (three shifts) are around 1.1% with 5 guests, 0.27% with 4 guests, so maybe once in a hundred days - note: I assumed that all potential services have equal probability of being requested and counted them without visiting the game. If these assumptions are wrong, so are the numbers). It can be avoided by first checking the guests. If it happens, it will only rarely affect payment (the same four guests need to stay for the same three days), and if it for once does, it is one missed payment of five guests - you still get four. When one already would be sufficient to - albeit slowly - advance the story. The issue of not being able to satisfy a guest due to missing items/cards is a hundred and more times more important than the question of overloaded saunas and clubs.

Reactions: TheDevian and DA22

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Addendum: had a small thinking hiccup, the probability for five guests having at least four meeting in the same room is about double of what I wrote.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
As is we have a hard management game at this moment with story and fun events not really implemented yet and what is there locked behind those management parts.
I get what you say, that having a game which starts on Normal difficulty is more the norm but, honestly man, there is absolutely nothing in this game which is "hard".
Managemement aspect is a piece of piss. It's so simple.
You equip the room with the upgrade item, then assign the relevant girl to the relevant room, equip her with the relevant items and cards.
Job done.

If the assigned girl doesn't have enough skill, send her to the Trainining room to gain XP at roughly 10 x the rate which you gain it from the activity. It auto-trains her lowest skill, but grants 270-330 XP, as opposed to 30 XP from successfully completing the activity.
You search the Attic during the morning or afternoon, to gain Items.
You visit the Tarot Reader, Isabella, during the evening or night, to gain Cards.
For both of these, save before you visit and reload if you do not get the item/card that you want.

There is even a "Cheat" option, to give yourself cash (10k a time), Hotel XP & Tarot points to buy cards.
Seriously, what is "hard"?
Even reaching VIP at level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 is pretty simple.
There are only 3 or 4 options to remember, for each activity.
Once you satisfy a guest to each VIP level, you will not need to choose anymore. It gets automatically done.
There is only one guest who cannot currently be taken to VIP 5 & we're only 5% short for her.

There are also a load of Events currently implemented, not "all of them are locked behind the managagement parts", at all, unless you include the girls progressing to relevant levels, which can be easily achieved via the Training Room, alongside normal gameplay.
The Events are locked behind progress.
Progress, in a management game, requires successful completion of management tasks.
MC has 10 Events.
Julia has 14 Events.
Amber, Riley, Kay, Laura & Annika all have 12 Events.
Hana has 9 events.
All of these events simply require the MC to visit the correct location, at the correct time, or for the correct girl(s) to be assigned to the correct activity/rest, at the correct time & for the MC to visit them.
Just hover over the "i" to see what's required & when to do it.
Simple.

IIRC it has been stated that there will be an easy mode, but I think that this is not coming until the game is further along the development path.
End of the day, this is a management game.
If you do not enjoy management games/games which have management content, why play? Never mind then expecting it to offer you a simple, non-management mode.
Does not compute.
(I did try the game once or twice on older builds earlier in development :)).
Ah, OK, that explains it.
Seems like you have an opinion of a game that you don't play.
Awesome. (y)

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I get what you say, that having a game which starts on Normal difficulty is more the norm but, honestly man, there is absolutely nothing in this game which is "hard".
Managemement aspect is a piece of piss. It's so simple.
You equip the room with the upgrade item, then assign the relevant girl to the relevant room, equip her with the relevant items and cards.
Job done.

If the assigned girl doesn't have enough skill, send her to the Trainining room to gain XP at roughly 10 x the rate which you gain it from the activity. It auto-trains her lowest skill, but grants 270-330 XP, as opposed to 30 XP from successfully completing the activity.
You search the Attic during the morning or afternoon, to gain Items.
You visit the Tarot Reader, Isabella, during the evening or night, to gain Cards.
For both of these, save before you visit and reload if you do not get the item/card that you want.

There is even a "Cheat" option, to give yourself cash (10k a time), Hotel XP & Tarot points to buy cards.
Seriously, what is "hard"?
Even reaching VIP at level 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 is pretty simple.
There are only 3 or 4 options to remember, for each activity.
Once you satisfy a guest to each VIP level, you will not need to choose anymore. It gets automatically done.
There is only one guest who cannot currently be taken to VIP 5 & we're only 5% short for her.

There are also a load of Events currently implemented, not "all of them are locked behind the managagement parts", at all, unless you include the girls progressing to relevant levels, which can be easily achieved via the Training Room, alongside normal gameplay.
The Events are locked behind progress.
Progress, in a management game, requires successful completion of management tasks.
MC has 10 Events.
Julia has 14 Events.
Amber, Riley, Kay, Laura & Annika all have 12 Events.
Hana has 9 events.
All of these events simply require the MC to visit the correct location, at the correct time, or for the correct girl(s) to be assigned to the correct activity/rest, at the correct time & for the MC to visit them.
Just hover over the "i" to see what's required & when to do it.
Simple.

IIRC it has been stated that there will be an easy mode, but I think that this is not coming until the game is further along the development path.
End of the day, this is a management game.
If you do not enjoy management games/games which have management content, why play? Never mind then expecting it to offer you a simple, non-management mode.
Does not compute.

Ah, OK, that explains it.
Seems like you have an opinion of a game that you don't play.
Awesome. (y)
No, not for the moment but I did play it a few times and get those comments from when I did. You also see the comments from players who did play last version and find it too grindy and then they get the comments: what do you expect, it is a management game more or less. Git gud, while Faerin himself says that the game is not balanced atm where it should be ......

That is what my comment was about, the game is not only ment for those who love management hard style, just those others need some patience before game is there, Saying it is great for them now, will not give them a great experience and saying they should like it as is will not want to make them try it later when it will be well balanced.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
No, not for the moment but I did play it a few times and get those comments from when I did. You also see the comments from players who did play last version and find it too grindy and then they get the comments: what do you expect, it is a management game more or less. Git gud, while Faerin himself says that the game is not balanced atm where it should be ......

That is what my comment was about, the game is not only ment for those who love management hard style, just those others need some patience before game is there, Saying it is great for them now, will not give them a great experience and saying they should like it as is will not want to make them try it later when it will be well balanced.
It is not, in any way, difficult. That's the point.
There are 93 character Events and all are simple to achieve.
There is no "grind". Anyone complaining of that is talking garbage.
Lots of people open their mouths to complain, without understanding the situation fully.
A large number of those complaints become invalid, with the correct information.

As I said, everything is linked to progression.
Progress means playing the game and being successful.
Being successful means collecting the correct items and cards, then assigning them to the correct girls.
Train the girls when they do not have a customer, to increase their lowest skill.
It's simple. Follow logic and gain success.

If someone considers these, the core mechanics of the game, to be "grind", then they won't enjoy the game.
Having an Easy mode to alleviate some of this, is not going to alter the fact that they still will not enjoy the remaining aspects of the game.

Reactions: DA22

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Well what you say is fair enough if people intended to play on hard. Those are the people that enjoy the management part likely. Thing is game as is now should be easy or normal for the more casual players with no modes available, remember we play on normal by default with lack of modes. Not hard as is the case now.

As is we have a hard management game at this moment with story and fun events not really implemented yet and what is there locked behind those management parts. Which is in a way fair enough since the game is still in development, but also why I voted against the management hotel idea when Faerin proposed his options, since current state is not a surprise and will likely take even a while longer to rebalance correctly and for him to able to add more of the story, it needs working game mechanics first before can really concentrate on story parts.

Now from mentions and criticisms I read Faerin is actually making some great strides and game is getting closer to where it might be more playable and enjoyable for non management fans, but for now I would advice anyone to do same I do and to not play it until game is further in development unless you are a big fan of management games and some of those tips like not being able to fail if RNG decides they all want same service may well be pretty nice for easy and normal mode for players that just want the story and not have to do first two days of intense management before get close to any fun even when game is much further in development and the fun bits will be in. :)
Personally, I voted for everything but the hotel, but since this is the one that mentioned the sister, all the incest lovers voted for it, even if all of the ideas could have had it too.

I didn't have time to read everything that's been said on this since I woke up, but I wanted to explain that the initial intention was that this was to be the normal difficulty, but he has said that once we start balancing, this might end up being the hard setting, at least as far as some of it goes, like how hard it is to please guests. But we will see, once we get everything needed for that added.

We are still implementing most things, so it can't really be well balanced yet, it's almost impossible to plan for everything and how it will feel in the game, so you generally save that kind of thing for last. I am going though the same thing with the combat in my game, can't really balance it properly, until all of the systems are in place, or you will just end up having to change things back again once they are.

Now that the hotel is almost done, I imagine that we will start doing that soon, but there is still one more employee to add, more upgrades, and who knows what else before we can properly balance the other modes.

Reactions: DA22 and whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
remove yoga please
Restrict guests to level 4 = No yoga, or club requirements.

Send Annika to Training room every day to raise her Yoga skill. Max level 5 will give 60%.
Same with Hana for her Club skill.
Once they're levelled up, lift guest to level 5.

Purchase both room upgrade items for extra 5%.
Visit the Attic, during Morning and Afternoon to gain the Candle for Yoga & Microphone for the Club, for extra 5%.
Visit Isabella to gain cards: Contortionist & Athlete for Yoga + Retainer & Bard for Club, for extra 10%.
Equip the 2 x cards + 1 x Item to each and you reach 80%.
Additionally, equip The Courtesan for an extra 5% to either.

Refuse Sofia, as she cannot be satisfied, yet.
All other guests can reach VIP 5 this way.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian

JugarComica

Sep 13, 2017
Restrict guests to level 4 = No yoga, or club requirements.

Send Annika to Training room every day to raise her Yoga skill. Max level 5 will give 60%.
Same with Hana for her Club skill.
Purchase both room upgrade items for extra 5%.
Visit the Attic, during Morning and Afternoon to gain the Candle for Yoga & Microphone for the Club, for extra 5%.
Visit Isabella to gain cards: Contortionist & Athlete for Yoga + Retainer & Bard for Club, for extra 10%.
Once they're levelled up, lift guest to level 5.
Equip the 2 x cards + 1 x Item to each and you reach 80%.
Additionally, equip The Courtesan for an extra 5% to either.
Refuse Sofia, as she cannot be satisfied, yet.
All other guests can reach VIP 5 this way.
Yep that is what I've done. I read about the grind and understand that people may be frustrated by it. Is it perhaps that to achieve higher guest levels requires a re-arrangement of the allocated cards for each hotel worker just before carrying out a task. There is one or 2 cards that give extra 5% satisfaction that can be used by all characters and having to swap it between hotel workers is what I find tedious so to speak. However, the improvement to allocate cards is quite well done where if a card is allocated you do not have to remove it from that worker before you can re-allocate it. Just simply select it and it will be automatically attached to a new worker.

BTW when you start a new game you are given a choice to play in story mode but is not yet implemented. Yes it is a management game but I believe it is meant to cover also casual players, just not implemented yet. Will we see it ?.

As a previous poster said, it's best to balance the game after all the core mechanics is completed and I think seeing what this game does seems to have some complex code behind it. We simply need to wait it out until all the play mechanics are completed. Who knows when it is finally balanced we may get the story mode option.

Last edited:
Reactions: DA22

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Yep that is what I've done. I read about the grind and understand that people may be frustrated by it. Is it perhaps that to achieve higher guest levels requires a re-arrangement of the allocated cards for each hotel worker just before carrying out a task.
There is no grind.
Grind is repeating the same low yield task, over and over and over. You're not doing that here.
The closest thing to that, is sending the girl to the respective job room for 30 XP.
Instead, just send them to the Training Room for 270-330 XP.
No brainer.

Changing equipped cards for a different activity is not grind, either. That's basic strategy, you give yourself the best chance at the job in hand by equipping the correct items & cards.
Same as changing clothing, or weapons with different elements, for different enemies, in other games.
Fire damage v Ice monster = good.
Fire damage v Fire monster = bad.
Fire protection v Ice monster = bad.
Fire protection v Fire Monster = good.
You need to switch to appropriate weapons/clothes.
Same as you need to switch to the appropriate cards and items.

As I explicitly explained in the post you replied to, with 2 cards, 1 item, 1 room item and full level 5 skill the girls reach 80%.
That's enough to VIP 5 all guests, except Sofia, who requires 90%.
There is one card which adds an additional 5% to any task: The Courtesan.
Maximum achieveable is currently 85%.

Last edited:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
There is no grind.
Grind is repeating the same low yield task, over and over and over. You're not doing that here.
The closest thing to that, is sending the girl to the respective job room for 30 XP.
Instead, just send them to the Training Room for 270-330 XP.
No brainer.

Changing equipped cards for a different activity is not grind, either. That's basic strategy, you give yourself the best chance at the job in hand by equipping the correct items & cards.
Same as changing clothing, or weapons with different elements, for different enemies, in other games.
Fire damage v Ice monster = good.
Fire damage v Fire monster = bad.
Fire protection v Ice monster = bad.
Fire protection v Fire Monster = good.
You need to switch to appropriate weapons/clothes.
Same as you need to switch to the appropriate cards and items.

As I explicitly explained in the post you replied to, with 2 cards, 1 item, 1 room item and full level 5 skill the girls reach 80%.
That's enough to VIP 5 all guests, except Sofia, who requires 90%.
There is one card which adds an additional 5% to any task: The Courtesan.
Maximum achieveable is currently 85%.
I get so tired of hearing there's "too much grind". Let them eat cake? I mean, hell, with being able to cheat money, cards, items from the attic, destiny points and reputation, there shouldn't be very many complaints (minus the "Do we get to fuck so-and-so yet?" crowd). Can't please everybody.. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I could be an asshole and ask Faerin to forego the key next time someone complains about there being "too much grind". Let them eat cake? I mean, hell, with being able to cheat money, cards, items from the attic, destiny points and reputation, there shouldn't be very many complaints (minus the "Do we get to fuck so-and-so yet?" crowd). Can't please everybody.. :ROFLMAO:
LMAO! Yeah, it's actually quite depressing.
It's simple enough without needing to cheat but, even for those who do somehow struggle, the option is there to make it even more simple.
I swear, anyone who calls this grind has not played those games where you need 20k XP to level up and have to kill 2,000 enemies for 10XP each. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Or any of those games with RNG drops for items, specific to certain activities that you repeat endlessly every day, where you play for months and still don't get the item you need!
That shit is grind. This is not.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
LMAO! Yeah, it's actually quite depressing.
It's simple enough without needing to cheat but, even for those who do somehow struggle, the option is there to make it even more simple.
I swear, anyone who calls this grind has not played those games where you need 20k XP to level up and have to kill 2,000 enemies for 10XP each. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Or any of those games with RNG drops for items, specific to certain activities that you repeat endlessly every day, where you play for months and still don't get the item you need!
That shit is grind. This is not.
Oh, I know what you mean. Faerin has threatened to just do a porno render and upload it to Porn Hub. Me, personally, I'd get a kick out of that. I think it'd be funny as hell. But I'm sure someone would complain about that, too. :LOL:

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes