Hello, after installing Wine Stable and Wine sagging I got the same message :
Failed to initialize graphics.
Make sure you have DirectX 11 installed, have up to date
drivers for your graphics card and have not disabled
3D acceleration in display settings.
InitializeEngineGraphics failed

Vezzeli

Nov 4, 2017
If there was a problem, I think it would've affected more than 2.
Not everyone start fresh game after new version release and not everyone play without cheats as we can read here.

After last night defeat I was thinking that maybe I am just one unlucky dude and never play lottery again, so today I start new fresh game and same thing. Items I mention earlier not found. So yes, I stand behind what I say yesterday, those 2 items are not there to be found.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
No, but I do help him with a few things.
There might be something to this. I started over again with the update (as usual), and I'm on day 22 after the pool renovation. Checking morning and afternoon, still no buoy.

I have used no cheats (not even the offered key.ini).

Haven't finished the full update, so I don't have a full set of feedback yet. But:

The energy bar colorizing is awesome. Pretty much exactly what I was thinking when I brought it up before.

Just for that: HUGE PROPS Faerin

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Not everyone start fresh game after new version release and not everyone play without cheats as we can read here.

After last night defeat I was thinking that maybe I am just one unlucky dude and never play lottery again, so today I start new fresh game and same thing. Items I mention earlier not found. So yes, I stand behind what I say yesterday, those 2 items are not there to be found.
Sycho said he was starting a new game last night to test things out, so we'll have to see if it happens to him, too. (y)
He was unable to obtain the items on your save, so there's definitely something going on somewhere.
Just need to determine if it's generic or local.

Last edited:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Sycho said he was starting a new game last night to test things out, so we'll have to see if it happens to him, too. (y)
He was unable to obtain the items on your save, so there's definitely something going on somewhere.
Just need to determine if it's generic or local.
I've run into a bit of a snag on my new playthrough, so it may take some time. I've given the auto save to Faerin to take a look at, but I'm also trying to find out if there is a way to prevent the lock from happening. So far I've not been successful.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I've run into a bit of a snag on my new playthrough, so it may take some time. I've given the auto save to Faerin to take a look at, but I'm also trying to find out if there is a way to prevent the lock from happening. So far I've not been successful.
Seems like ZenGarden also encountered it, above.

Reactions: Sycho and ZenGarden

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Seems like ZenGarden also encountered it, above.
Mine involved Amber letting me know Riley is coming the following day, and after that, the game is locked. Kay hasn't started her shift yet either after she was just hired.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: whichone

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Mine involved Amber letting me know Riley is coming the following day, and after that, the game is locked. Kay hasn't started her shift yet either after she was just hired.
Didn't have that. It wouldn't take long to try again...

Do you use any cheats, or any of the stuff from the key.ini?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
dont trust any dev
Other devs, sure. Staying consistent with updates isn't always a guarantee. However, Faerin has always remained consistent with his updates both with MotH (when it was developed; updates every 2 weeks) and MwM (monthly updates; last Friday of the month).

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Didn't have that. It wouldn't take long to try again...

Do you use any cheats, or any of the stuff from the key.ini?
Only the money cheat and in order to see if I had any problems with finding all the items after the rooms get renovated, I used the cheat to raise the manor level; so far so good there. Though right now I'm stuck at level 2 due to the lockup.

Reactions: ZenGarden

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Weird thing one: The first message of several dialogues (guest wanting to check out; first staff level up; and just happened again when I hit reputation level 2) does NOT appear. the character moves on to the screen, but you have to click to get the dialogue to continue.

EDIT - Should've waited to put this in, since I just hit Rep L2: Riley showed up, no problem. Available for work, no problems.

EDIT 2 - Rep L3, Annika and Laura both showed up and reported for work, no issue.

That's two play-throughs, no issues with the employees for me. Haven't gotten to the buoy yet, but that'll be for later.

Last edited:
Reactions: thunderkiss321

mdwolf15

May 8, 2017
what happened to the items you could get from the cards, everything is either a damn myst card or under development with no items

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
what happened to the items you could get from the cards, everything is either a damn myst card or under development with no items
You've never been able to get items from cards. Items are found by exploring the Attic.
Cards provide boosts to guest satisfaction for specific activities, or extra money, extra XP from guest stays, staff don't get sick, don't need wages, don't lose energy, etc.
One of the cards allows you to see the correct choice for guest options. Another enables you to redraw cards from Isabel extra times.

A card that says Under Development still has attributes, it just doesn't have an image displayed.
Just hover over them to display their functionality.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
One of the most important cards in the game shows Under Development:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

When you have collected the majority of the 42 cards, Myst cards will start displaying more frequently.
Faerin made a change, I think it's in the current version, where you will now always receive at least 1/3 cards as one that you do not currently have.

Last edited:

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Here 9.18.13.4192
Have you tried to check if there is any newer driver for your video card?

EDIT: nevermind it seems that the latest drivers are the one from this link that has the same black screen issue.
You can try to avoid to use your video card and start the game in software render mode, but it will run very slow.
Open Device Manager, disable your nVidia card then try to start the game.
Or you can buy a new video card? Or is it installed in a laptop? because you have written 9800M

Last edited:

nozu

Aug 21, 2017
Hi guys, I went back and read several pages. How can I unlock the Yoga please? I can't seem to find it.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes