whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Everyone knows you can't proceed without an order, signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters.
lol don't worry, Cartageno got the triplicate in - we're good to go! (y)
Just need ZenGarden's to be done, now. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Not incredibly necessary. On my fresh-start/no-cheat, as soon as I hit L5 I got one of those, the other only took me a couple days.

Any lack-of-item is an RNG fail, not a game bug, as far as I can tell from three fresh-start play-through's since V6x.
There actually was a bug that Faerin found with the mic and buoy. So that's been fixed. :)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Everyone knows you can't proceed without an order, signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters.
I like the "peat" part. Especially if it comes in a Scotch Single Malt.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
There actually was a bug that Faerin found with the mic and buoy. So that's been fixed. :)
And here I was about to post that when I did a fresh run I'd either found a bug or complain that I'd hit the mother of all "RNG is fucking me" ragequits :p

On the topic of bugs...
The Sleeping 'X' cards are all (almost) pointless, because they only add the extra energy on the rests during the day.
The math works out such that the only time those cards are any help at all is if a girl starts the day w/ 50 energy, trains in the library on the 1st shift and rests on the 2nd shift.
To make the cards of any real use they need to be adjusted to also add the extra energy to the night sleep.
If there's a programming issue that they can't be made to work for both day and night rests, I think night only could be made to work if the values are upped a bit.

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
On the topic of bugs...
The Sleeping 'X' cards are all (almost) pointless, because they only add the extra energy on the rests during the day.
The math works out such that the only time those cards are any help at all is if a girl starts the day w/ 50 energy, trains in the library on the 1st shift and rests on the 2nd shift.
To make the cards of any real use they need to be adjusted to also add the extra energy to the night sleep.
If there's a programming issue that they can't be made to work for both day and night rests, I think night only could be made to work if the values are upped a bit.
We have already explained that if those cards work also at night, the girl can work endlessly, that's why they work only during day when they rest.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
We have already explained that if those cards work also at night, the girl can work endlessly, that's why they work only during day when they rest.
Ok. Missed the 'already explained'. But...
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that in their current state they are pointless.
Which begs the question, 'Why did Faerin bother putting something so completely fucking useless in the game?' Was it just to troll people that can't do basic math?

There are plenty of compromises between the OP 'working endlessly' and their current state of 'fucking pointless'.
I already pointed out one of those compromises in my last post:
Set them to only work for the night rest and balance their values to something useful (Example: @ 9 extra energy per night they'd get an extra shift every 3rd day, with 2 pts of energy to spare).

Want another? Ok...
Re-tittle the cards to something like "Early Bird: Working Morning shift only costs X energy". "Night Hawk: Working Evening shift only costs X energy." X = whatever value Faerin feels is balanced.

Or... maybe... Just take them out of the game because they serve no purpose as they currently exist.

Edit:
Another compromise came to me in the past couple minutes.
Have the card also raise the max energy cap of the girl it's equipped to.
If 5+ energy per rest card also raises then cap to 105, then the girl can sneak in an extra shift every 5th day.

Last edited:

Kuzata

Jan 14, 2019
Не, все още български.
Тази публикация също е

No, still Bulgarian.
This post is also.

At least Cartageno now knows how to say his name. "Картахено". ;):LOL:
Okay, let's try another translator. If it doesn't work out with him, then I don't know what to do.

Reactions: whichone

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Okay, let's try another translator. If it doesn't work out with him, then I don't know what to do.
is a bit better (in some cases) than Google Translate. You can also download their software, too, for free.

Pisti123

Feb 16, 2020
Scene Gallery circled in Red, click any of the available to replay scenes.
Clothing Gallery in Green, choose which of her 3 Jobs you want to see the outfit for, then choose which level you have unlocked:
View attachment 1345555
Gallery, on the far right, shows the images from the girls resting, or assigned to specific tasks.
View attachment 1345563
Why can't i see the pictures, after the previous update? How can the error be remedied? THX for the reply! ;)

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
This is nice to hear. And because of my bad english nobody believed me, The biggest Fan of this game, when I report this.
Thanks! We have seen a few reports here and there, but mainly with new players. That's what prompted me to start a new game to see if I happened to run into it as well (which I did with regard to the rescue buoy).

Soxiyof

Aug 8, 2020
Hi,

It didnt bother me before maybe because i could read all texts, but did the font color of the text choices has been changed.

Its quite difficult to read. (Description in readable in white, but what follows isn't - see below)

Is there anyway we can change the font color. haven't seen any options for it though. maybe there's a file where i can do that ?

textDisplay.png

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that in their current state they are pointless.
Which begs the question, 'Why did Faerin bother putting something so completely fucking useless in the game?' Was it just to troll people that can't do basic math?
What? Basic maths, you say?

Working for a shift costs 25 energy.
Resting for a shift provides 25 energy.
Sleeping overnight provides 50 energy.

The Sleeping Beauty fully restores all energy for resting a shift - a 400% increase.

The Sleeping Woman adds an extra 25 energy for resting a shift - a 100% increase.
Work 1 shift + rest 1 shift = +25 energy, instead of 0.

The Sleeping Maiden adds an extra 10 energy for resting a shift - a 40% increase.
Work 1 shift + rest 1 shift = +10 energy, instead of 0.

That is "basic maths" & they are, quite obviously, not "pointless", or "fucking useless".
Limited use, I would agree with. I have never needed them, personally. But they clearly do serve a purpose.
I've also never needed or used a few of the other cards, such as The Adventurer, or The Immortal, but they all still have a functional purpose.

Last edited:

Silanaq

May 1, 2021
There should be a player log found in
C:\Users\user-account\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

Use the Windows + R keys to bring up a Run dialog box, then type or paste the following:
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

You should see two files there (along with a "Unity" sub-folder): "player" and "player-prev". The "player" file is going to be the more recent.
Hello, unfortunately something is wrong when I look in AppData on the PC, the file is there.
but when I call it up via your page, it only contains the unity folder. copy and past mutch better

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Hello, unfortunately something is wrong when I look in AppData on the PC, the file is there.
but when I call it up via your page, it only contains the unity folder. copy and past mutch better
You'll need to add it to a winrar/7zip compressed folder.
Then the site's "attach" feature will pick it up.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020

The Sleeping Beauty fully restores all energy for resting a shift - a 400% increase.

The Sleeping Woman adds an extra 25 energy for resting a shift - a 100% increase.

The Sleeping Maiden adds an extra 10 energy for resting a shift - a 40% increase.

That is "basic maths" & they are, quite obviously, not "pointless", or "fucking useless".
Limited use, I would agree with. I have never needed them, personally. But they clearly do serve a purpose.
I've also never needed or used a few of the other cards, such as The Adventurer, or The Immortal, but they all still have a functional purpose.
Start with the part I highlighted in yellow.
You screwed up.
Shift rest is 50, not 25.

Minimum you can start a day with 50 energy.
Work 2 shifts = 0 energy, rest 1 shift = 50, night, 100 next day
Work 1 shift = 25, rest 1 shift = 75, work 1 shift = 50, night, 100 next day.
Rest 1 shit = 100, work 2 shifts = 50, night, 100 next day.

Lets run the same 3 patterns with Maiden's +10...
Still can't start the day with less then 50.
Work 2 shifts = 0 energy, rest 1 shift = 60, night, 100 next day (10 energy lost to cap)
Work 1 shift = 25, rest 1 shift = 85, work 1 shift = 60, night, 100 next day. (10 energy lost to cap)
Rest 1 shit = 100 (10 energy lost to cap), work 2 shifts = 50, night, 100 next day.

Seeing as no matter which card you use, your still only get 2 shifts per day and any extra energy from the cards is always lost to the energy cap, I'd say it's rather obvious how pointless they are.

As I pointed out in my first post;
The only time the cards are at all useful is when a girl starts the day at 50 and then trains in the library in the AM. That'll put her at 0.
Shift rest in PM gets her to 50.
Work eve, 25.
Night... start next day with 75.
With Maiden she starts next day with 85, with Woman next day is 100. Because of 100 cap on energy, Rank 3 Beauty is no better then the Rank 2 Woman.

I'm comfortable with my maths.
Seems you need a refresher. :p

Grordan

Aug 16, 2020

My girls restore 50 energy for resting a shift?! I tested it. I didn't use cards for additional energy

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes