Grordan

Aug 16, 2020
What? Basic maths, you say?

Working for a shift costs 25 energy.
Resting for a shift provides 25 energy.
Sleeping overnight provides 50 energy.

The Sleeping Beauty fully restores all energy for resting a shift - a 400% increase.

The Sleeping Woman adds an extra 25 energy for resting a shift - a 100% increase.
Work 1 shift + rest 1 shift = +25 energy, instead of 0.

The Sleeping Maiden adds an extra 10 energy for resting a shift - a 40% increase.
Work 1 shift + rest 1 shift = +10 energy, instead of 0.

That is "basic maths" & they are, quite obviously, not "pointless", or "fucking useless".
Limited use, I would agree with. I have never needed them, personally. But they clearly do serve a purpose.
I've also never needed or used a few of the other cards, such as The Adventurer, or The Immortal, but they all still have a functional purpose.
My girls restore 50 energy for resting a shift?! I tested it. I didn't use cards for additional energy

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Shift rest is 50, not 25.
My bad, apologies.
My girls restore 50 energy for resting a shift?! I tested it. I didn't use cards for additional energy
Yeah, saw it in his post, above. Thanks.(y)

Sure it's only supposed to be 25... :unsure:
It's pretty dumb for one shift to restore as much as overnight sleep does.

As EmperorGus stated, this makes it so that The Sleeping Woman and the Sleeping Beauty do almost exactly the same thing.
+75 or +100 is irrelevant, as a difference.

I think it's more likely just a mess up with the rest period value, rather than the cards.
If rest for shift period did restore 25, it would mean that they make perfect sense.
Which is, presumably, why they are that way.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I think it's more likely just a mess up with the rest period value, rather than the cards.
If rest period did restore 25, it would mean that they make perfect sense.
Which is, presumably, why they are that way.
Yap, rest period only 25 would also make more sense in the overall gameplay. If a girl does not work 3 shifts in a day (starting from a full 100 bar) it makes no difference, she'll be 100 the next day (in this situation even no rest points would do the same). When she is "worn down" after a three shift day (100-3*25 shift+50 night=75) it would still make no difference - either the 50 for a shift rest or the night rest will hit the cap once again. After two full days however (giving you 50 on next day's start), you couldn't just only skip one shift, whichever, and being fully recovered. I think that is the part where it seems more "gameplay sensible" to have 25, while the others do not make a difference.

But even then, all these cards (5 less energy consumed, 25 more energy from day rest) would see situational use at best methinks. Usually you can manage without them, if push comes to shove and everybody's overworked since you have a whole cloister of Nun Sofia clogging the rooms, passing around The Wicked will help a lot.

Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Yap, rest period only 25 would also make more sense in the overall gameplay. If a girl does not work 3 shifts in a day (starting from a full 100 bar) it makes no difference, she'll be 100 the next day (in this situation even no rest points would do the same). When she is "worn down" after a three shift day (100-3*25 shift+50 night=75) it would still make no difference - either the 50 for a shift rest or the night rest will hit the cap once again. After two full days however (giving you 50 on next day's start), you couldn't just only skip one shift, whichever, and being fully recovered. I think that is the part where it seems more "gameplay sensible" to have 25, while the others do not make a difference.
Agreed. (y)
But even then, all these cards (5 less energy consumed, 25 more energy from day rest) would see situational use at best methinks. Usually you can manage without them, if push comes to shove and everybody's overworked since you have a whole cloister of Nun Sofia clogging the rooms, passing around The Wicked will help a lot.
lol Yeah, really it's just down to the manager of the Hotel, to manage their staff's workload. lol :LOL:

Last edited:

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
It seems that the game on your PC goes into "Out of memory" error
1628879940788.png

How much RAM do you have on your PC? and also can you please check if the game during gameplay goes above 2GB RAM used? We had some issues with very long gameplay run where the game had some memory management issue, but Faerin has changed some things in the code some version ago so it should be fixed but we don't know for sure.

Silanaq

May 1, 2021
It seems that the game on your PC goes into "Out of memory" error
View attachment 1350678

How much RAM do you have on your PC? and also can you please check if the game during gameplay goes above 2GB RAM used? We had some issues with very long gameplay run where the game had some memory management issue, but Faerin has changed some things in the code some version ago so it should be fixed but we don't know for sure.
8GB free 6GB

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
8GB free 6GB
It may be easier (and quicker) to help resolving this issue by joining us on Discord. Use the "Need help?" button from the main menu to connect or click on the Discord link from the OP.

Thanks! :)

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Everyone knows you can't proceed without an order, signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters.
42!

There actually was a bug that Faerin found with the mic and buoy. So that's been fixed. :)
Really? Did something else have to happen or something? I'm just curious because I was able to get the items...

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
42!

Really? Did something else have to happen or something? I'm just curious because I was able to get the items...
Yes. To quote Faerin:
It's because of the newly added icons on the activity screen, that show if there is a new event.
Meaning the heart and the "i".

That's only affected on a new playthrough though from the tutorial. During our testing of the latest version, I never encountered that problem because it happens during the tutorial when Julia is explaining the activity screen. But anyone else that's experiencing the same issue (not being able to find the microphone and rescue buoy) shouldn't have any problems once the update comes out later this month. Or we can just fix the saves before the update/fix is released.

Reactions: whichone

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
8GB free 6GB
OK, but you haven't said what is the game memory usage during the gameplay.
Also can you please tell us which OS do you have?
Another thing you can do to check if the problem is related to the integrated VGA in your CPU is to go into the BIOS and check the section where you can modify the RAM used for your VGA and set at 2GB if you can and see if the game crashes again.

Last edited:

Jcompt

Sep 24, 2017
I have tried the game on two Intel Integrated Graphics i3 (Gen 8- 4GB Ram) and i5 (Gen 10- 8 GB Ram). In both cases, the animations play in windows media player but not in the Game? where only still images show?

Windows media feature is available as optional service (media player). Any help would be appreciated.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I have tried the game on two Intel Integrated Graphics i3 (Gen 8- 4GB Ram) and i5 (Gen 10- 8 GB Ram). In both cases, the animations play in windows media player but not in the Game? where only still images show?

Windows media feature is available as optional service (media player). Any help would be appreciated.
Install K-Lite Codec Pack and try again.

Reactions: Jcompt

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Yes, this has been requested by a number of Patrons as well.
Could I request that the limitation be removed where you first get the chance to have Amber call you (custom name), that it only allowed me one word without spaces?

Later on Amber's page I was able to specify she should call me "Big Bro", but I was only able to input "bigbro" in initial interaction.
Same thing when first meet & hire Hana in v0.6.0. No space allowed, but uppercase OK. I ended up having her call me BigGuy at first.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes