Robwood

Aug 3, 2021
In the root folder of the game where the executable file and key.ini are located.
Thanks! I ask that the mod post be updated with those two pieces of information so that these questions never need to be asked again.

I also wonder, however, if the game is bugged. I can't get past the title screen. I click on Settings, get the audio cue, but the page never changes. Is this one of those games where you have to start it first before being able to access Settings?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thanks! I ask that the mod post be updated with those two pieces of information so that these questions never need to be asked again.
You're welcome and that's no problem, I can do that.

I also wonder, however, if the game is bugged. I can't get past the title screen. I click on Settings, get the audio cue, but the page never changes. Is this one of those games where you have to start it first before being able to access Settings?
No, it's likely one of several things that would cause that to happen, but in order to provide a clearer answer to resolve the hanging, I would need to see your player log. Use the Windows + R keys to bring up a Run dialog box and paste the following:
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

You may need to upload your player log in a zip file.

Last edited:

Robwood

Aug 3, 2021
You're welcome and that's no problem, I can do that.

No, it's likely one of several things that would cause that to happen, but in order to provide a clearer answer to resolve the hanging, I would need to see your player log. Use the Windows + R keys to bring up a Run dialog box and paste the following:

You may need to upload your player log in a zip file.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
There's a few things you can try that should resolve the problem. The first thing I'm seeing in the log is a DirectX error. So let's start there first by downloading and installing . The next thing you will want to download are the latest all-in-one pack. Download the zip file from the closest mirror site to you, then extract the files to a temporary folder (which you can delete later) and run the included "install_all.bat" file.

Another issue I'm seeing is the path to the game. It is a bit long (though under the 256 character limit set by Windows). Move the game's folder out to C so that the path is "C:\Mystwood Manor v0.9.2".

Lastly, Intel GPUs are notorious for not being able to see any of the animations and sometimes renders as well. Because it's older hardware, it's likely not going to be able to play well, if at all. So what you may have to end up doing is: going into Control Panel >> Device Manager >> Display adapters and disable your Intel GPU. If it works, the animation will appear "choppy" or "lag", if it plays at all. If you are able to play it, you may need to disable "Play videos" from the Settings screen.

Robwood

Aug 3, 2021
There's a few things you can try that should resolve the problem. The first thing I'm seeing in the log is a DirectX error. So let's start there first by downloading and installing . The next thing you will want to download are the latest all-in-one pack. Download the zip file from the closest mirror site to you, then extract the files to a temporary folder (which you can delete later) and run the included "install_all.bat" file.

Another issue I'm seeing is the path to the game. It is a bit long (though under the 256 character limit set by Windows). Move the game's folder out to C so that the path is "C:\Mystwood Manor v0.9.2".

Lastly, Intel GPUs are notorious for not being able to see any of the animations and sometimes renders as well. Because it's older hardware, it's likely not going to be able to play well, if at all. So what you may have to end up doing is: going into Control Panel >> Device Manager >> Display adapters and disable your Intel GPU. If it works, the animation will appear "choppy" or "lag", if it plays at all. If you are able to play it, you may need to disable "Play videos" from the Settings screen.
Thanks, but that's too much bother just to play a game. I'll just move the folder to my external harddrive and, if I ever get a newer computer, I'll try playing it again.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thanks, but that's too much bother just to play a game. I'll just move the folder to my external harddrive and, if I ever get a newer computer, I'll try playing it again.
That's probably your best bet as the hardware is likely not supported. So even if you did all the things I mentioned, there's a good chance it won't work.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Will the next update be the last?
It's hard to say. Faerin hasn't said when he was going to be releasing the game on Steam other than in August. So I don't know if he's going to do that on the first of the month or the end of the month. If it's the latter, then probably 2 more updates left before he wraps up the game.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Mistwood manor 0.9.2 crashes when MC has sex with Sophia Fernandez. What can I do?
Can you attach a copy of your player log, please? Use the Windows + R keys and paste the following in the Run box:

You may need to put the log in a zip file before attaching.

Reactions: TheDevian

Buster Himen

Oct 6, 2019
Fun game so far. I really dig the number of girls and the management aspect of the game. The incest helps as well. I do have one very small gripe though. Would it be possible to have each girl do something different to her uniform. I get why it's done that way if it's difficult to do with the engine but it seems hard to believe that such different girls would alter their uniforms the exact same way. Not meaning to take away from the game because so far I would rate it as a must play.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Fun game so far. I really dig the number of girls and the management aspect of the game. The incest helps as well. I do have one very small gripe though. Would it be possible to have each girl do something different to her uniform. I get why it's done that way if it's difficult to do with the engine but it seems hard to believe that such different girls would alter their uniforms the exact same way. Not meaning to take away from the game because so far I would rate it as a must play.
Don't forget, it's not just the main "Hotel" outfit.
They each have different states of undress, for their different activity outfits.
Granted, those are identical at each level for the girls which share that skill.

Buster Himen

Oct 6, 2019
Don't forget, it's not just the main "Hotel" outfit.
They each have different states of undress, for their different activity outfits.
Granted, those are identical at each level for the girls which share that skill.
Yeah that's what I was referring to. Based on the personalities of the girls, they wouldn't customize the uniform the same. They would base it off their figures.

ItkoSK

Jun 7, 2018
i only sad the game will ended in middle... when i have feel now game start on full speed, Faerin make poll for another game :/

erisedxes

Mar 17, 2018
Did Faerin mentioned the reason of ending this game?
- Lost passion?
- Fond of new ideas?
- Just bad funding or losing patreons?

ItkoSK

Jun 7, 2018
Did Faerin mentioned the reason of ending this game?
- Lost passion?
- Fond of new ideas?
- Just bad funding or losing patreons?
dont know how many updates make yet, but patreon choose fantasy game... for me sounds better bodyguard witch loose in poll

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes