whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
> Tarot rarity goes: grey, green, blue, purple, orange
this is completely and utterly random color schema. how are we supposed to remember this?
Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes follows exactly this colour pattern.
Loads of games do.

Often see them given names, like Common (Grey), Uncommon (Green), Rare (Blue), Epic (Purple) & Legendary (Gold).
Been a while since I got the tutorial, but wasn't the point of a guest reaching VIP status that you always complete their interactions, as long as a girl is assigned? Doesn't seem to be working with the lvl 5 VIPs. It does skip the interaction but on the summary screen it says they were unsatisfied.
It doesn't automatically complete the satisfaction level, it just ensures that you don't need to answer the questions for which drink\meal\massage\swimming stroke, etc.
For the satisfaction, you still need the room upgrades & items, plus the girls' items, plus the relevant Tarot cards.
Depending how high the guest's required satisfaction is (Sofia - 90% & Mischa - 100%!!), you might need Traits, or Customer Service +10% boost.

Last edited:

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
That is the rarity color scheme for many MMORPG video games. Blue and Green are sometimes swapped. Also White after Grey, then Blue.
1. I avoid hard drugs like world of warcrack for health reasons

2. As you said yourself, this ISN'T actually the standard color scheme. It is missing white. yellow should be gold and there should not be an orange. and blue and green order is confusing due to varying by the game so much.

so my point stands on that we are asked to memorize a completely arbitrary non-standard color list.
and we are supposed to still remember it 3 months from now when we update the game and come back to it.

On the other hand if the cards said [SR] in the corner I would be able to read it on the spot and know what it means.
and maybe make it so if you hover over the [SR] it will list the rarities.
Often see them given names, like Common (Grey), Uncommon (Green), Rare (Blue), Epic (Purple) & Legendary (Gold).
And I explicitly suggested that this game should actually write out the rarity level.
If the cards SAID
Common

and the word common was colored gray, then it would have been great
No it doesn't

it goes:
colorless - green - blue - purple - gold

Last edited:

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
So, yeah, none a 100% fit, but any player who dabbles in this kind of game will likely be accustomed to the white-green-blue progression even if unsure at first why that is.
1. You shouldn't assume everyone here self harms via addictive harmful predatory games

2. You admit it is not 100% match. to which I ask
A. Why isn't it a 100% match to something big like WoW? it would have been better if it was
B. Why isn't it labeled with words
C. why isn't there a reminder somewhere in the inventory page that lists the rarities for people who come back after a few months to check updates

3. Just a reminder. I suggested possible improvements. I didn't say the game is crap.
So you are arguing against the feature suggestion of having words written to help inform you what the color means

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
1. You shouldn't assume everyone here self harms via addictive harmful predatory games

2. You admit it is not 100% match. to which I ask
A. Why isn't it a 100% match to something big like WoW? it would have been better if it was
C. why isn't there a reminder somewhere in the inventory page that lists the rarities for people who come back after a few months to check updates

3. Just a reminder. I suggested possible improvements. I didn't say the game is crap.
So you are arguing against the feature suggestion of having words written to help inform you what the color means
(1) Your approach towards MMO games notwithstanding, it is kind of a standardised approach and for many players this kind of symbolizing level/rarity is way better known and way more approachable than something entirely new like, e. g., your "rainbow" suggestion. Because you shouldn't assume nobody here indulges in these kinds of games. Or games inspired by them (e. g. DeLuca Family uses a similar code as well). Just because you have not encountered something does not mean it is not helpful to others. And just because you think you could memorize something more easily doesn't mean that others could.

(2A) Well, for starters WoW has way more different levels. Within the existing colors, the order is 100% the same though.

(2B), (2C), (3) I never argued against a symbol or a word or an explanation in the inventory. I actually mentioned it could be helpful to include something like that.

I just argued against your statement that the order of the colors is "completely random", as you claimed. It might have been at one point but by now is a well known convention for many and just because you have never heard of it doesn't mean it cannot be very easily recognizable without further explanation by others.

I also argued, and I think more importantly, that this is a non-issue since the "rarity" of the cards does not affect gameplay at all. If you just treat the different colors like fancy embellishment, your gameplay will not suffer at all. The only information you need is what the card does, and that is explicitely spelled out.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Dear mrttao, yes your suggestion (observation) was apropiate, neverless, I kept asking myself for what ? the game is completed, after reading your following posts, I asked myself ok for what is the guide in the op ? and for what is the "?" in game ?
although, I agree tottaly in the points, you mentioned, In fact some of that I mumbled to myself playing MM :ROFLMAO:
My guess was If I were a dev. what would I use for a color scale ? Why use Gold as sign for somthing rare ? (because in our occidental cultre this color is asociated with the divine, and with high value, i supose) but I don't know nothing about designing intuitive controls.
Cartageno, don't have they different percentage in bonus ? you're right is not game breaking, and once you have all in inventory they don't show the scale

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
It is "inspired by games. without actually matching any of them".
No. It exactly matches swgoh, precisely as I said.
Many, many games use this exact format & colour sequence.
It not being familiar to you, does not mean that it's unfamiliar to everyone.
No it doesn't

it goes:
colorless - green - blue - purple - gold
ORLY? :unsure:
Grey: 1667156923253.png Green: 1667156690715.png Blue: 1667156706624.png Purple: 1667156721896.png Gold: 1667156821012.png
What you have referenced, in your link, is a character's Gear level, not Gear rarity.
They're still Grey.
1667157436001.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Snugglepuff

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Alright. fair enough.
I was wrong to call it random
Apart from whichone's example, it also matches one of my list to 100%, and all but one of the games I listed have the existing colors (white as lowest, green, blue, purple, gold/orange as highest) in precisely the same order and only have a few more colors because they have more levels of rarity.

Again, you might not know these games, and an extra help for any who don't can be useful, but the color order is not a 100% standard but a pretty widely used one and recognizable to many.

Reactions: whichone

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Cartageno, don't have they different percentage in bonus ? you're right is not game breaking, and once you have all in inventory they don't show the scale
That they do, but the exact numbers are written in the card description. And, IIRC, cards with the same ability at a different level are not differentiated by rarity but are in the three different tiers (i. e. you pay different amounts for them).

Reactions: xapican

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
No. It exactly matches swgoh, precisely as I said.
Many, many games use this exact format & colour sequence.
It not being familiar to you, does not mean that it's unfamiliar to everyone.

ORLY? :unsure:
Grey: View attachment 2134974 Green: View attachment 2134956 Blue: View attachment 2134958 Purple: View attachment 2134959 Gold: View attachment 2134970
What you have referenced, in your link, is a character's Gear level, not Gear rarity.
1. this is not gray, if you think light blue is grey you need to see an optometrist. I called it colorless because it is the same color as the GUI
2. Where is the orange and yellow? you say it perfectly matches. but it does not.
in Mystwood mannor it goes purple -> Orange -> Yellow
according to you that SW game goes purple -> gold

Apart from whichone's example, it also matches one of my list to 100%, and all but one of the games I listed have the existing colors (white as lowest, green, blue, purple, gold/orange as highest) in precisely the same order and only have a few more colors because they have more levels of rarity.
additional colors != the same
it is similar, but different.
and you are conflating gold and yellow which are not the same

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
1. this is not gray, if you think light blue is grey you need to see an optometrist. I called it colorless because it is the same color as the GUI
2. Where is the orange and yellow? you say it perfectly matches. but it does not.
in Mystwood mannor it goes purple -> Orange -> Yellow
according to you that SW game goes purple -> gold

additional colors != the same
it is similar, but different.
and you are conflating gold and yellow which are not the same
I know, it's hard when you were wrong.
1667157597148.png
It's grey and the colour sequence follows. Regardless of your desire to quibble over Yellow\Gold. :FacePalm:
Multiple games use it.

It is not a problem with the game, it's just a lack of awareness\familiarity on your behalf.
It's clearly not unfamiliar to others.
to which I ask
See above.
Because it's only you, so far, who has expressed any difficulty with it.
It's entirely familiar to me & many others.
Even if the colour sequence does not precisely match a given game, it's still close enough to be familiar.

Regardless of familiarity, it's utterly irrelevant, in this game, anyway.
The only thing that matters, is what the card does. Not what coloured tag it has.

Last edited:

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
> Tarot rarity goes: grey, green, blue, purple, orange
this is completely and utterly random color schema. how are we supposed to remember this?

should have gone with the rainbow colors ROYGBIV
Or given in a numerical manner.
Or written rarity levels (or at least abbreviated ones like [SR])
While I'm not going to get into the debate over whether it's yellow or orange I would have to disagree with it being a totally random colour scheme
I currently play three games on a daily basis
Azur Lane (What can I say I like Anime girls :D) which groups its ships as follows
Common - Grey
Rare - Blue
Elite - Purple
Yellow/Gold - Super Rare
Multi coloured - Ultra Rare

State of Survival and War Robots both use the same colour scheme as above the only difference with the colours in the game is that there is a green level so I wouldn't say it's random it seems to follow a kind of conventional scheme in games and it shouldn't need a rocket scientist to work it out

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
While I'm not going to get into the debate over whether it's yellow or orange I would have to disagree with it being a totally random colour scheme
This goes into the definition of the word random.
If you want to split hairs then technically speaking just because something is used in multiple places does not mean it isn't random. a specific random pattern could be reused due to reference, familiarity, and plagiarism.

However, I don't want to split hairs.
which is why I explicitly conceded the point that random was a poor word choice on my part and even went so far as saying I was wrong.
Alright. fair enough.
I was wrong to call it random
===
Currently I am only still arguing with this one guy who insists that
"blue / UI colored -> green -> dark blue -> purple -> gold"
is "literally the same as"
"gray -> green -> dark blue -> purple -> orange -> yellow"

because unlike me, he is unable to admit when he made a mistake. edit: sorry that was uncalled for.

edit:
well either that, or he only skimmed my posts and when he quoted me saying
"it is [SW scheme], which is similar but not the exact same as [mystwood manner scheme]"
and replied with
"wrong, it is exactly [SW scheme]"

actually hey larry5168 do you think perhaps you misread the post you quoted earlier and it caused the miscommunication I noted above?

Last edited:

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
If you want to split hairs then technically speaking just because something is used in multiple places does not mean it isn't random. a specific random pattern could be reused due to reference.

However, I don't want to split hairs. which is why I explicitly conceded the point that random was a poor word choice on my part and even went so far as saying I was wrong.

However, being inspired by common RPGs isn't random by definition.

because unlike me, he is unable to admit when he made a mistake.
I missed that post, so in your own words fair enough

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
If you want to split hairs then technically speaking just because something is used in multiple places does not mean it isn't random. a specific random pattern could be reused due to reference, familiarity, and plagiarism.

which is why I explicitly conceded the point that random was a poor word choice on my part and even went so far as saying I was wrong.

===

because unlike me, he is unable to admit when he made a mistake. edit: sorry that was uncalled for.

edit:
"it is [SW scheme], which is similar but not the exact same as [mystwood manner scheme]"
and replied with

actually hey larry5168 do you think perhaps you misread the post you quoted earlier and it caused the miscommunication I noted above?
There is a possibility of some miscommunication as there has been a lengthy exchange of views on the subject. I chose the first post because that was the one that seemed to be making a statement of fact if you get my meaning and totally missed the post where you conceded the point

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018

===

edit:
and replied with

It's fucking grey. I showed the image twice. :FacePalm:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
All you're doing is the same shit as arguing over Yellow\Gold.
It doesn't matter that they are not exactly the same colour, they are replaceable for each other in the sequence and instantly identifiable as occupying the same position.

Regardless. The sequence is entirely familiar to most people who've commented here.
You are the only person who has expressed any difficulty with understanding it.
That means it's a "you" problem.

As I said, the sequence is utterly irrelevant, anyway.
It does not matter one jot which colour the card is.
It only matter what it does.

As for my comparison, you're so wrong it's ridiculously laughable.
Faerin has proven it for you, yet you're still trying to argue.
Wow.
Loads of games do.

There are 5 rarities (if that's a word?):

common,
uncommon,
rare,
epic,
legendary

View attachment 2135114

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 243 Votes