Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
hi I have after the arrival of the first customer the game crashes and does not go further, can you help me, I have already downloaded the game several times but I always have the same problem
Can you upload your log file?
To add to that, use the Windows + R keys and paste the following in your Run box:
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

SnG

Aug 8, 2017
I can't post the review for some reason so here it is in the 2023 review.

The most grinding game of all time. I play "Man of the house" before and so yeah It's basically that, 99% of the time is "Grinding" even if you use the "Cheat" the story and progression feel off since you basically AFK all the time for unlocking the story. and there is no actual character build-up. so it feels so weird. so if this game is purely story it would take you roughly just 2 or 3 hours maybe to finish it. The bad thing about "grinding games" is that their rewards are "none" doesn't feel like rewards at all. Just Checking your money spent and earned when the story progress will tell you the story of how the balance works, it's so bad. If they make just a visual novel would be better, as they can explore the story more.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

The most grinding game of all time. I play "Man of the house" before and so yeah It's basically that, 99% of the time is "Grinding" even if you use the "Cheat" the story and progression feel off since you basically AFK all the time for unlocking the story. and there is no actual character build-up. so it feels so weird. so if this game is purely story it would take you roughly just 2 or 3 hours maybe to finish it. The bad thing about "grinding games" is that their rewards are "none" doesn't feel like rewards at all. Just Checking your money spent and earned when the story progress will tell you the story of how the balance works, it's so bad. If they make just a visual novel would be better, as they can explore the story more.
Firstly: if you think this is the "most grinding game of all time" you haven't played many. But

secondly: yup, there is some grind. But since you don't seem to like it (which is fine), it might be wise to stay away from games with the tags "sandbox" and especially "management" - those games tend to have that. If you prefer "just a visual novel" stay with them. While you not liking the game is fine, this was to be expected - and rating a game on a criterion it doesn't want to fill is slightly harsh. It's like judging a "female protagonist" game badly because you prefer a male main character.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020

Just one question to you has this game Storymode ? or not ?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

SnG

Aug 8, 2017
Just one question to you has this game Storymode ? or not ?
nope, I just try both normal games with cheat ON and OFF, I didn't touch the story mode.
The first game with cheat ON didn't feel like playing a game at all, it's blasting through the checkpoint, feels weird idk.
In the second game with no Cheat, the game falls apart, the grinding is nuts with the balancing items is so bad (Tarot cards and random items from "exploring"), feels like playing Soul's game but worst since you didn't feel your money going up and even out with upgrade is kinda weird since it's basically we earn money for renovation and other than that is nothing more lack of rewards feelings when. so what happens is you just AFK waiting for money and destiny point for Tarot and Hotel upgrade = story progress, since the items you get locked behind character progression ie the Hotel levels, and the girls' levels to go up, and that AFK time is so boring AF. so yeah this game is better to play with the story mode maybe idk but if you look closely how the scene unlock I don't think the story mode makes sense either. weird game for sure even though the dialogue is pretty good. but lack of deep connection between the character.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
SnG, to bad that you didn't like it, I was checking if you played the game hence the question, about the cheat mode, well the game has a built in cheatmode which don't causes to fell apart, It was warned at various ocations in the thread that it could lead to problems with 3rd party mods, about the Management aspect for me it was the fun the hot scenes were a nice and welcome bonus

SnG

Aug 8, 2017
Firstly: if you think this is the "most grinding game of all time" you haven't played many. But

secondly: yup, there is some grind. But since you don't seem to like it (which is fine), it might be wise to stay away from games with the tags "sandbox" and especially "management" - those games tend to have that. If you prefer "just a visual novel" stay with them. While you not liking the game is fine, this was to be expected - and rating a game on a criterion it doesn't want to fill is slightly harsh. It's like judging a "female protagonist" game badly because you prefer a male main character.
Is not about liking the game or not I think. I play the game because I think it's a good game before I even play it, the interest is already there ykwim. and I didn't hate the game or whatnot, I just say this can a lot better since this game in 3 years of development. and I play management games too sometimes and I like some of them. But yeah, if you look closely this game didn't need the management system just taking a look at different rooms here and there and unlocking the story progression or something like that since the management is there for adding more game time with no meaning in it other than unlock the story in itself.

So what happens is that you just stunlock yourself in planning and click the play button, other than that there is nothing to expect more since the exploring is kinda just for filler. If they allow more interaction with the character between each move, not just one time only for each I will give it an okay pass, but the balancing needs a bit better since the biggest turnoff is the management with a lack of rewards. and I've noticed that the "Renovation Upgrade" is just looking at the money, not the building buff or items that we have it feels so fast but so slow at the same time.

They just need to balance the XP (the character, destiny point) and Money (the renovation cost) it makes sense IRL but from a gameplay perspective it's nuts, you literally AFK just planning and pressing the play button as I said above. other than this problem is a good game with an interesting story and character but yeah it needs more character development too.

iffy1211

Mar 23, 2020
Fun fact
Its a dumb habit of mine, but I always like to keep trying until I get the best card on these games
So i tried for like 20mins or so
But all the orange card I got was the widow
I guess she's the only legendary available on the intro?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Fun fact
Its a dumb habit of mine, but I always like to keep trying until I get the best card on these games
So i tried for like 20mins or so
But all the orange card I got was the widow
I guess she's the only legendary available on the intro?
It's random, if it makes you feel better, you will be able to get all the cards by the end.

iffy1211

Mar 23, 2020
It's random, if it makes you feel better, you will be able to get all the cards by the end.
Damn really? thats a shame
I tried a bit more and all i got was the prodigy and the widow
so i thought only 1 tier cards were available to start with at the intro

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
That's a perfectly reasonable assumption though. Since the random selection uses a set from which it selects, it may well be a set in the "tutorial", and which one but the lowest would you choose?

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah, you can only get T1 cards IIRC, but there are different rarities.

4.00 star(s) 241 Votes