Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I honestly don't know how anyone could play this game without using the in-game cheat
Because people are different and for example I am not only interested in the sexy rewards but also like to fiddle a bit with game mechanics just for the heck of it.

Reactions: TheDevian

dabo65

Jul 27, 2021
I did fiddle with game mechanics the only cheats I used are
1)make the girls not get tired
2)gave myself 70000
3)auto guest thingy
even though people are different this IS a sex game and all that grinding (I assume those who didn't use in-game cheat will need to reach day 150) there needs to be something worth it
the game as a game is a great management game
just above average as a sex game

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
2)gave myself 70000
3)auto guest thingy
even though people are different this IS a sex game and all that grinding (I assume those who didn't use in-game cheat will need to reach day 150) there needs to be something worth it
After his first game I took this for a Management Game with sexy rewards, never for a Sex Game, the Autor is quite good in finding the balace in between or shifting the Main point without neglecting the other.
and yes, there have to go some few days to build up things, on the other hand you have a lot to explore, on the map specially the woods.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
2)gave myself 70000
3)auto guest thingy
See, that's why I said "people are different". For me a slow buildup and a final success in the game is "something worth it".

dabo65

Jul 27, 2021
say are the saves saved in a save folder in the game folder

or are they saved somewhere in AppData?

AMRFTY

Jun 28, 2023
Two words - Story mode. Unless you like a long grind.

Mystwood Manor was my second AVN and Faerin game. It's different from Man Of The House and for that part - comes with it's own strengths and shortcomings. I went about 80% on the normale mode, then succumbed and went for story mode. Glad I did, the grind was too much for my tastes.

Being a light-fantasy story, Mystwood draws you in on a premise of mythical hotel running. You'll be the boss of a growing crew of capable women, all who try their best to help make the hotel a great place. There is A LOT of managing going on in this game - figure out which girl works best in what room and what rooms are needed for which guests - so don't expect going into this for a wank and being done. This is Hotel Simcity with sex attached.

The game has a distinct style and great care was taken into creating a mostly believeable environment. The women and guests are about as realistic as they can be, often interacting with each other and showing their unique personalities. Some encounters are standard, but the game shines when the personality of a girl makes for a totally unique interaction you couldn't have with anyone else. That happens a lot in this game. Kay has to by far be my favorite for just being such a braveheart.

In the end, the story wraps up into somewhat of a mystery which I won't further spoil - but the ending does connect to the beginning nicely. If you pay attention to the lore you'll see lots of dots to connect and even secret events that could happen, provided you're curious enough.

There is so much in this game in terms of variety (multiple types and races of women, various styles of kinks and ways to switch between subjects) that it's easy to get lost and the grind will take you a long time, even on story mode. This wall of grinding drops the game one star for me, because having this much grind actually doesn't do anything for the story in game - it just irritates the player. I'd recommend story mode and having a fun time, even if that means you're missing out on two parts of short bonus content. It's worth losing the grind for.

If you are looking for sexual arousal around every corner, steer clear. This game will not play itself and it asks you to ease into the sexual content. When you get there, it does get interesting. But it might be too little too late for most people.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4/5, fond memories of this one.

Fernandoegr

Jun 24, 2017
So was there any fix for the black screen in story mode?
Tried avsync, antialiasing, the game is on afolder in drive root, its version 1.1.0 patreon, disabled secondary graphics card, updated all c++, tried a save after first day

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
So was there any fix for the black screen in story mode?
Tried avsync, antialiasing, the game is on afolder in drive root, its version 1.1.0 patreon, disabled secondary graphics card, updated all c++, tried a save after first day
Are you using a cheat mod?

If so, skip the rest that follow...

Do you use any of the following:
• Nahimic
• FMOD
• Citrix
• Strix
• Aegis 3
• Sonic Studio 2 and 3
• RivaTuner Statistics Server
• Apple/Quicktime products (including "Bonjour")
• Portrait Displays\Pivot Software
• ReShade
• Fresco Logic USB graphics driver

Also, there is one other thing I would like for you to check. Go into your Event Viewer and look under "Windows Logs" >> "Application". Check for any errors pertaining to the game and provide a screenshot if any are found, please (if the errors are the same, one will suffice).

Last edited:

Fernandoegr

Jun 24, 2017
Are you using a cheat mod?

If so, skip the rest that follow...

Do you use any of the following:
• Nahimic
• FMOD
• Citrix
• Strix
• Aegis 3
• Sonic Studio 2 and 3
• RivaTuner Statistics Server
• Apple/Quicktime products (including "Bonjour")
• Portrait Displays\Pivot Software
• ReShade
• Fresco Logic USB graphics driver

Also, there is one other thing I would like for you to check. Go into your Event Viewer and look under "Windows Logs" >> "Application". Check for any errors pertaining to the game and provide a screenshot if any are found, please (if the errors are the same, one will suffice).
No cheat MOD and none of those applications.
Didnt find any error for the game in event viewer but tbh the game does not give me an error, just a black screen with the skip button and stops responding to anything i click but if i press alt+f4 it closes with no problem.

EDIT:
Thank you for your time.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Didnt find any error for the game in event viewer but tbh the game does not give me an error, just a black screen with the skip button and stops responding to anything i click but if i press alt+f4 it closes with no problem.

EDIT:
Thank you for your time.
No problem. There was an error in your event log pertaining to iCUE, I use that software as well, but it doesn't run in the background (I run it on an "as-needed" basis). So I'm testing it now to see if that may be conflicting with the game. Do you know at what point in Story mode the screen goes black? Your player log indicates a crash, but it's not specific and unfortunately doesn't include a lot of detail, but I suspect that's when the screen appears black on your end and you have to "rage quit" (ALT+F4) the game.

*Follow-up*
I just confirmed there are no conflicts between iCUE and Unity games (at least, with this game) and that's using the latest version: 5.3.102.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: ZenGarden

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

EDIT:
Thank you for your time.
What was your character's name, out of curiosity?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ZenGarden

Fernandoegr

Jun 24, 2017
No problem. There was an error in your event log pertaining to iCUE, I use that software as well, but it doesn't run in the background (I run it on an "as-needed" basis). So I'm testing it now to see if that may be conflicting with the game. Do you know at what point in Story mode the screen goes black? Your player log indicates a crash, but it's not specific and unfortunately doesn't include a lot of detail, but I suspect that's when the screen appears black on your end and you have to "rage quit" (ALT+F4) the game.

*Follow-up*
I just confirmed there are no conflicts between iCUE and Unity games (at least, with this game) and that's using the latest version: 5.3.102.
it crashes after clicking on play, when it supposed top move to next time zone

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Tried with a fresh save of mine, on wich the char was called Cain or CiaphasCain and one from this thrad called tess i think
Well, we know there is a bug in Story mode right around the ending of the tutorial but that's been fixed in a later version. Unfortunately you'd only be able to get it via Patreon, Itch, Steam or Nutaku (links available in OP). Having said that, there are no known issues in Normal mode, so if you want, give that a try and see if you run into the same problem.

Fernandoegr

Jun 24, 2017
Well, we know there is a bug in Story mode right around the ending of the tutorial but that's been fixed in a later version. Unfortunately you'd only be able to get it via Patreon, Itch, Steam or Nutaku (links available in OP). Having said that, there are no known issues in Normal mode, so if you want, give that a try and see if you run into the same problem.
Yeah, in normal mode works just fine or least it passes that.

Reactions: Sycho
4.00 star(s) 243 Votes