Andvand

Feb 5, 2019
Given current development, each hotel level unlocks new room types and tougher guests. Are we going to run into problems if only level 5 guests will use level 5 rooms and these rooms require skills that you need to hire a new girl for? Starting out, she will be level 1 at all her skills and the level 5 guests will demand a very high success percentage which a level 1 employee cannot provide, causing the hotel guest to constantly run away.

Reactions: Faerin

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Given current development, each hotel level unlocks new room types and tougher guests. Are we going to run into problems if only level 5 guests will use level 5 rooms and these rooms require skills that you need to hire a new girl for? Starting out, she will be level 1 at all her skills and the level 5 guests will demand a very high success percentage which a level 1 employee cannot provide, causing the hotel guest to constantly run away.
That's a very good point. I have been thinking on this one for a while as well.
Originally, I intented to use the study for this.
In this room you will be able to assign a teacher and student.
The student will get substantial experience in the skill the teacher picks.
So this will be one way to catch up and feels like it fits the overall theme (not to mention some great girl-on-girl opportunity ;)).
That's the solution I like most so far.

Another thing that I have considered is having staff members that join at a later stage in the game have a higher level, but I'm not sure about this one yet.

Finally, I have thought about tweaking the skill level impact in such a way that it doesn't necessarily mean you fail at a lower level (except for the most demanding guests), but that feels a bit like a waste.

It might be a combination of any of these, or just the study, as I prefer that one and it is the easiest one to tweak/balance.

Andvand

Feb 5, 2019
Have you considered guests of all levels use the facilities as they become available? Suppose a level 1 guest wants to use the sauna but it's unavailable, that guest would not leave but pay significantly less money as he was informed at check-in that the facility is unavailable. It always struck me as a bit odd that guests check-in then complain that service x is unavailable, which a quick question at reception would have cleared up. Definitively keep the study though.

Dmaster1234

Mar 18, 2018
Hey Faerin this is just a thought but I was thinking that maybe down the line if you start adding more guest to the game to maybe make where the higher star guest start coming to hotel when your hotel reaches a certain level

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Have you considered guests of all levels use the facilities as they become available? Suppose a level 1 guest wants to use the sauna but it's unavailable, that guest would not leave but pay significantly less money as he was informed at check-in that the facility is unavailable. It always struck me as a bit odd that guests check-in then complain that service x is unavailable, which a quick question at reception would have cleared up. Definitively keep the study though.
Not really, as the requirements for each guest at each level are fixed. Of course it's possible, but I would need to make quite a lot of changes and I don't think it would make that big a difference. However I might reconsider once the game is further developed and I have more insight in how well balanced/fun the hotel management is at later levels.

Hey Faerin this is just a thought but I was thinking that maybe down the line if you start adding more guest to the game to maybe make where the higher star guest start coming to hotel when your hotel reaches a certain level
Yes, there will be more guests (up to 5 stars) that will only come to the hotel when certain conditions are met.

parqueo

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2019

A small preview and poll of what you can expect in Mystwoord Manor v0.1.3.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes