VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
View attachment 2734921

Weekly Update - June 30th, 2023

Only two scenes left?!?

I hate using Daz glasses, they all do that. If Monica's problem is weird black lines on her forehead when you render, it's the "skullcap" of the hair asset showing through. Select the hair asset, then look in the parameters for adjustments to the head, ears of cheeks. If it's not that, I don't have a clue :LOL:

My doc just added a small dose of Wellbutrin to my main meds and I'm back feeling more productive and actually want to do stuff. When you have depression, anxiety or anything else like that it's so amazing when you get something to make it manageable. It's weird to think most people feel like that all the time. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
Must you always focus on the mistakes? What does it matter that you stumbled after 628 metres if you've run the marathon? More optimism, please! It's all a matter of perspective!

"One day, Comrade Stalin was working in his study when children playing in the square below the window kicked a ball through the window, knocking over Comrade Stalin's inkwell. Comrade Stalin then stabbed the ball through with a large knife and chased the children out of the square with loud shouts.
This shows how kind-hearted Comrade Stalin was, because he did not order their execution."

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Must you always focus on the mistakes? What does it matter that you stumbled after 628 metres if you've run the marathon? More optimism, please! It's all a matter of perspective!
Unfortunately, this tends to be a trait of some of the most creative people out there. It doesn't matter if a thousand people praise their work and give glowing reviews, they'll hyper-fixate on the dozen or so who give negative reviews or complain. It doesn't matter if 99.44% of your project comes out absolutely perfect, you'll always obsess over the tiny percentage that didn't come out quite the way you wanted it to.

It's why a lot of actors can't stand to watch their own work later, even in movies people love them in. And why a lot of YouTubers obsess over the negative comments they get even when they're being showered in praise. This is also why some writers have a terrible time getting trapped in an editing loop where they wind up never finishing their story because they're constantly editing and revising it, because they're never satisfied with what they've written (which was the whole reason why National Novel Writing Month was created as a concept).

It's hard to shake off the perfectionist mentality, but one of the really important skills of a creator is to learn how to take criticism but avoid obsessing over it (and your mistakes).

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
Unfortunately, this tends to be a trait of some of the most creative people out there. It doesn't matter if a thousand people praise their work and give glowing reviews, they'll hyper-fixate on the dozen or so who give negative reviews or complain. It doesn't matter if 99.44% of your project comes out absolutely perfect, you'll always obsess over the tiny percentage that didn't come out quite the way you wanted it to.

It's why a lot of actors can't stand to watch their own work later, even in movies people love them in. And why a lot of YouTubers obsess over the negative comments they get even when they're being showered in praise. This is also why some writers have a terrible time getting trapped in an editing loop where they wind up never finishing their story because they're constantly editing and revising it, because they're never satisfied with what they've written (which was the whole reason why National Novel Writing Month was created as a concept).

It's hard to shake off the perfectionist mentality, but one of the really important skills of a creator is to learn how to take criticism but avoid obsessing over it (and your mistakes).
I know, I experience it all the time with my other favourite developer. (sigh)
My first love was a perfectionist girl, back in high school. (I'll never forget our first date. She told me she'd be ready in a minute, and then I waited for her for four and a half hours on the street in minus twenty degrees.)
It is not a problem to strive for perfection. The problem is when the artist does this out of self-doubt, because they are afraid their fans will be disappointed otherwise.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
My first love was a perfectionist girl, back in high school. (I'll never forget our first date. She told me she'd be ready in a minute, and then I waited for her for four and a half hours on the street in minus twenty degrees.)
This sounds like a case of not seeing the forest for the trees. What she should have strived for is a perfect date. She got stuck in wanting to look perfect for the date and thus failing to make the date perfect.
It is not a problem to strive for perfection. The problem is when the artist does this out of self-doubt, because they are afraid their fans will be disappointed otherwise.
A crucial skill for a perfectionist is to be able to take a step back and evaluate if what you obsess over is actually important. Is getting that tiny detail worth making perfect when you have a ton of other stuff to do? And just because you leave something it doesn't mean you need to completely abandon it. Sometimes you got a new idea for that detail when working on other stuff.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
This sounds like a case of not seeing the forest for the trees. What she should have strived for is a perfect date. She got stuck in wanting to look perfect for the date and thus failing to make the date perfect.
This is a perfect summary of what is wrong with perfectionism. (The date didn't go badly anyway, I just caught a cold.)
A crucial skill for a perfectionist is to be able to take a step back and evaluate if what you obsess over is actually important. Is getting that tiny detail worth making perfect when you have a ton of other stuff to do? And just because you leave something it doesn't mean you need to completely abandon it. Sometimes you got a new idea for that detail when working on other stuff.
Yes. But if perfectionism comes from fear, it clouds judgement. A perfectionist needs to understand that the voice in her head that says: "You are not good enough and you will never be good enough!" is not her voice.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
This is a perfect summary of what is wrong with perfectionism. (The date didn't go badly anyway, I just caught a cold.)
Yeah, it isn't necessarily bad. "I'm sorry I'm late. You must be frozen stiff. Here, let me warm you up with my body. ". :)
Yes. But if perfectionism comes from fear, it clouds judgement. A perfectionist needs to understand that the voice in her head that says: "You are not good enough and you will never be good enough!" is not her voice.
I totally agree. It is hard being a perfectionist when you from the start have decided subconsciously that nothing is going to be perfect no matter what you do.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I know, I experience it all the time with my other favourite developer. (sigh)
Sorry, even my biggest crush ever I would have waited about half an hour then said "call me when you're done" and walked out.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
Sorry, that sad reaction was for you having to wait so long for your date!
Oh, it was really worth it. We were together for three years after that.
"I'm sorry I'm late. You must be frozen stiff. Here, let me warm you up with my body. "
:ROFLMAO: She was a nice girl, but not that nice.
Sorry, even my biggest crush ever I would have waited about half an hour then said "call me when you're done" and walked out.
Fair enough. (sigh) But i'm ready to go to hell for a beautiful woman. My mother always said that if I was half as smart as I am persistent...

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
View attachment 2734921

Weekly Update - June 30th, 2023

Only two scenes left?!?

I just saw a typo in this weekly update.
Tuesday is a holiday for me so that I can get more rest done than usual!
Could also be "...so that I can get more time with my girl than usual!"
I just don't know if Tuesday will also be a day off for Morgana.
:)

• Haha
Reactions: Nine of Swords

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
Morgana works in hospitality, so Tuesday isn't a day off for her, sadly - thus why I said I could try to get more work done! :D
I often write silly things, but I mean it.
You should take your Tuesday to do thing you like, rest, even just enjoy the day.
It will do no good if your over-exhaust yourself.

After all, I want to see the and of this book, and the 98 following :)

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes