VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I'm definitively not a redneck...

I had thought it could be "wrestling" for one of the 2 'W', and "world" for the second (because, it's an USA thing, and for the US Americans, USA = world... :p). But I just didn't figured what the 'E' was for...
Now, I think I don't have the same definition of entertainment than you folks...
Used to be F for federation iirc. But they breached the agreement they had with the World Wildlife Fund that allowed them to share the acronym and after mucho court had to change it.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Big, hairy animals wrestle.
To be fair, these days it's less large hairy men hitting each other and more smaller lither sleeker men jumping off things at each other. And a lot more women who are more than just eye candy now.

People who's memory of what wrestling is comes from the Hogan-era 80s or Stone Cold Steve Austin/Rock-era 90s would probably be surprised to see what the industry has become over the last decade or two.

...starting to become interested in the WWE for some reason...
If you start getting interested in wrestling, you might also want to check out AEW. It's a bit of a different vibe, but it has its silly moments as well as some great talent.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I'm definitively not a redneck...

I had thought it could be "wrestling" for one of the 2 'W', and "world" for the second (because, it's an USA thing, and for the US Americans, USA = world... :p). But I just didn't figured what the 'E' was for...
Now, I think I don't have the same definition of entertainment than you folks...
I think they had a Mexican guy for a while and the Iron Sheik was actually Iranian, or Iranian descent. That qualifies as "World" doesn't it? :unsure: It's really no worse than Mr. Universe and Miss Universe being only open to Earthlings.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I think they had a Mexican guy for a while and the Iron Sheik was actually Iranian, or Iranian descent. That qualifies as "World" doesn't it? :unsure: It's really no worse than Mr. Universe and Miss Universe being only open to Earthlings.
:ROFLMAO: *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
If you start getting interested in wrestling, you might also want to check out AEW. It's a bit of a different vibe, but it has its silly moments as well as some great talent.
I know Danhausen! :D That's a start, yes?

Incidentally, beta is going... well, it's going. I'm gonna have to do some re-renders, and... I totally forgot to write the sex bit (despite having the renders done for it), but as far as story goes the testers seem to think it's pretty solid! Hopefully I can have it all wrapped up soon.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
People who's memory of what wrestling is comes from the Hogan-era 80s or Stone Cold Steve Austin/Rock-era 90s would probably be surprised to see what the industry has become over the last decade or two.
Not if you were born in the '60s and quit watching it in the 70s. ;)

It was amusing when I was a child; it became cringe when it started turning into what it has become. I didn't live that far from the Von Erich's when I was in my teens, but even that connection couldn't get me back into it.

Reactions: Hullahopp

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
So the word Mythos was used to describe the main character in final fantasy 16. Will there be any connection to this game and that one? Will there be Eikons that the characters here can summon and fight with? Admittedly this is likely not the case. But I figured I’d ask.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
So the word Mythos was used to describe the main character in final fantasy 16. Will there be any connection to this game and that one? Will there be Eikons that the characters here can summon and fight with? Admittedly this is likely not the case. But I figured I’d ask.
No connections between the two, no. I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan, but can't really play 16 due to motion sickness and being bad at action games. I do play a lot of Final Fantasy 14 and there are some references to that, though!

A few of my friends are playing FF16 and pointed out a lot of other connections, one being a lady with the name Ninetails (a name I've gone by in the past) that wears purple (the colour I'm obsessed with), but they're completely coincidental!

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
No connections between the two, no. I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan, but can't really play 16 due to motion sickness and being bad at action games. I do play a lot of Final Fantasy 14 and there are some references to that, though!

A few of my friends are playing FF16 and pointed out a lot of other connections, one being a lady with the name Ninetails (a name I've gone by in the past) that wears purple (the colour I'm obsessed with), but they're completely coincidental!
That’s wonderful! My girlfriend is playing through ff16 on story mode with the timely accessories on and motion blur turned off. It’s rather great. Thank you for clarifying and you are right Vivian Ninetails is an awesome Npc and has a fantastic voice actress. Cheers and thank you for answering my question.

• Red Heart

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Incidentally, beta is going... well, it's going. I'm gonna have to do some re-renders, and... I totally forgot to write the sex bit (despite having the renders done for it), but as far as story goes the testers seem to think it's pretty solid! Hopefully I can have it all wrapped up soon.
*This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
To be fair, these days it's less large hairy men hitting each other and more smaller lither sleeker men jumping off things at each other. And a lot more women who are more than just eye candy now.

Sic transit gloria mundi. Everything used to be better. (Except doom metal. That was always bad.)
Of course, when we say it used to be better, we mean it was better for us.
But the concept of eye candy is subjective. I find Rhea Ripley attractive.
013.jpg
But having been in too many real brawls, and I don't find imitation fights entertaining.
WWE is also a kind of adult game, just not in an erotic sense.
I like the Mythos because the story is interesting, the girls are beautiful (and have personality), and I appreciate the humor. The sex scenes are not so important to me.
Others have different preferences. Some people think this characters are ugly, because they want women with hairy, six-breasted, wide hips. Some people think Adam Sandler is funny. (Seriously! A friend of friend told me!) Some people want animated sex scenes or less dialogue.
We are different, with different tastes, and that's fine.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
But the concept of eye candy is subjective. I find Rhea Ripley attractive.
Well, I did say more than just eye candy now. So female wrestlers today can be both attractive and skilled. Whereas in the 90s and early 2000s, if you were a woman in wrestling you were generally just model hot and there solely to have bra-and-panties matches and pose for Playboy.

But also to be fair, a lot of people find Rhea Ripley attractive. Wrestling Twitter is crazy thirsty for her.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
Well, I did say more than just eye candy now. So female wrestlers today can be both attractive and skilled.
Yes, i understand. Believe me, I'm not underestimating the skills of the current wrestling girls. (If I called them face to face eye candy, they'd probably break my spine.)
I was just saying that there is a difference between what I liked about WWE in the past (the matches) and what I like now.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Even before our actual interest in WWE, Morgana and I both have great thirst for Rhea Ripley - our tastes typically don't align, but in this case they certainly do.
I mean, you presumably like each other, so they must align sometimes ...

BTW, when I was watching, I thought Lita and Trish Stratus put on the best matches amongs the females, but haven't watched in ... I guess 15 years or so.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I mean, you presumably like each other, so they must align sometimes ...

BTW, when I was watching, I thought Lita and Trish Stratus put on the best matches amongs the females, but haven't watched in ... I guess 15 years or so.
I mean... No?
I like myself but not the way my wife does, and I know it's the same for her. We're a hetero couple but I'd imagine it's no different in same gender couples.

Like what my wife thinks is pretty in a woman doesn't align at all with what I find attractive... My wife would pick terrible girlfriends for me :p.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
Even before our actual interest in WWE, Morgana and I both have great thirst for Rhea Ripley - our tastes typically don't align, but in this case they certainly do.
I knew you had refined taste when I saw the HF poster in your game. ;)
Speaking of wrestling, perhaps Palaestra could be in your game for a brief cameo.

• Thinking Face
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes