3.00 star(s) 2 Votes

TerumiNin

Jan 9, 2019
No actual character creation.
Terrible optimization.
Talking to the crying girl resulted in a softlock.
Restarting the game and talking to the addict NPC in the hallway let me move but the dialogue was stuck on the screen and I couldn't interact with anything else.
There was a girl having sex in the club and she didn't have any hair. Not sure if bug or she was suppose to be bald.

RickyPhatts

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2022
Been said quite a few times now no character creation. I am not sure why that is tagged at the top, as that is not implemented at all so sorry for confusion. There is character customization on the horizon, but not creation for now. Done it before and is way too time consuming at this point.

tangre

Jun 13, 2017
So Kimber told me to "fuck off bitch" and I can't get out of the dialogue box. Nice.

Edit: Ok so every time I talk to someone I get trapped. Won't be coming back to this one until that's addressed.

Last edited:

RickyPhatts

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2022
Have read through quite a few of the comments for the initial Pre Alpha release and thank you for all that have commented so far. I plan to push through and try to get a Hot fix with some of the bugs reported. As stated in the change logs.. This really is the very first initial release and thank you for those of you with helpful feedback. Even the unhelpful feedback leads to some help lol . As can see some frustration, or what some of you had hoped (even at such an early stage).. Do want to address a few things though.
1.) Tags have been fixed and please look at GENRE as well as the Change log and read me in zip folder (This is really bare bones build. Showcasing the direction of game. It is not flushed out so please do not expect too much at this moment. Getting a lot of people it seems really bashing a Pre Alpha Demo.. Maybe I should have waited another month for a bit more content, actual story mode, or few more optimizations, but since I did not wait please bare these things in mind.)
2.) Aiming to push a hot fix with some of the issues that have been noted. Thank you a bunch to those that reached out in DMs or were helpful in spotting bugs.
3.) Next version has full functioning options menu (Aid in any Performance issues that may have been experienced or for lower end PCS I understand 3060 should run better then apparently it has, so at least until more and more optimizing takes place the ability to turn down the graphics will help.)
4.) I have no plans at all on some sort of cash grab (could just release crap on steam for that as hundreds of other "DEVS" do) or to abandon the game. This is something i spent a long time thinking about trying to accomplish myself (YES. that is a huge undertaking I get it and am overwhelming excited to take on the challenge. I work in AAA game industry and understand how things go well and really do not in that environment, or with huge budget games. My reason to create Neon Eden is you cant get hardcore sex, or taboo ideas through in main stream games... How do you get these games. SMALL teams or solo so here I am.)
5.) In the future there are hopes of adding other professionals to aid in the development, but that is not at this time. I know I am not a professional Animator, so the Sexual Scenes could use that, but even until that time I am practicing and getting better every week.
6.) Thank all of you truly for taking a look, sharing with others, and all the feedback (Good Or Bad) for Neon Eden 3026 initial Pre Alpha First Ever Public Build!!! So stoked for the future of the game.

RickyPhatts

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2022
So Kimber told me to "fuck off bitch" and I can't get out of the dialogue box. Nice.

Edit: Ok so every time I talk to someone I get trapped. Won't be coming back to this one until that's addressed.
Press Enter...... I will add a timer to coming updates so will not hold dialogue indefinite...

RickyPhatts

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2022
No actual character creation.
Terrible optimization.
Talking to the crying girl resulted in a softlock.
Restarting the game and talking to the addict NPC in the hallway let me move but the dialogue was stuck on the screen and I couldn't interact with anything else.
There was a girl having sex in the club and she didn't have any hair. Not sure if bug or she was suppose to be bald.
Will as I said try to address confusion.. Press Enter in the conversation?? Think that may be your issue.. The keyboard or mouse works, but I believe i found what you were referring to and Enter moves conversation along....

Reactions: bozoplace

RickyPhatts

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2022
RickyPhatts
The idea is good but I hope the dev can deliver.
But there are too many issues to give them ALL in one go so here is what MAINLY caught my attention:

- The Global Illumination: you are using (I guess from my own experience with unity) Real-Time Dynamic light for your scene. you should reconsider this and use a Mix of Baked and Dynamic lights. For instance, indoors should be Baked while outside, some lights like the sun should remain Dynamic. For more details, have a look at and too
-Performance: the game's performance is terrible. I can clearly tell you a good way to make your game run better: Occulsion Culling. Please, have a look
-Post Process FX: Too many heavy hitters: Chromatic Aberation, Bloom, Depth of Field... etc. you need to pick some or make an Option menu to turn some of them for low end PCs. And honstly, some are unnecessary.
-Level Design: Not sure if you or not, but some elements are wrong in terms of proportions: the cars are bigger than they should, the main building feel empty or lifelss. I can help you there if you want and for free, but next time, just pick a pen and paper, draw an outline of your scene, use some refernces (concept arts, movies, games..etc) start the initial blockout, than iterrate over time till you get a good feel and finally, start the main level creation and finalisation.

As a final piece of genuine advice: limit your scope. I know you want to make something cool and big but remember this: you are a one person team; it can't be sustainable in the long term. You have to downsize some of your ideas or tweak to fit your budget and your game.

Have fun and wishing you luck. I truely hope you would take these suggestions to heart.
Some good tips there and most are on the list for optimizing in the future. This is a massive City setting, and not quite worked out as I would have wished. The lack of options settings also has many Post FX features locked on , and the settings are on HIGH... All this addressed in next release even the Limit scope.. It is not exactly limited, yet where the game initially takes place is not in this city. easier to work with as well..
Thanks a ton for the detailed feedback mate!

Reactions: DisturbedMan

RickyPhatts

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2022
- Butter-smooth 23 FPS on my RTX 3060
- Every possible post effect filter + Chromatic Aberration FORCED ON
- No Fullscreen Exclusive
- No options menu to adjust graphics, sound or rebind keys
- Absolutely horrible UX
- Can't even interact with the first NPC because Mouse1 is bound to multiple actions and my character only attacks
- No normal way to exit the game other than closing via the taskbar or killing the process

I like 3D games, but a 1-2 star rating is unfortunately accurate for this one, in its current state.

If you don't like a game's sound you can always mute it via the Windows Volume Mixer.
Of course this option should be made available ingame though.
All valid points. The interact button is E not left click sorry if you did not see that in the READ ME file with the download. Options menu is coming in the next version that should handle basically all your issues there. Ui and UIX is something that I shall reevaluate in the future as it is a place holder (In change log I spoke vaguely around this is the very first public release and a lot of things are placeholders. Showing the direction the game will go and what is possible. ) Hope after next version can bring that star rating back up a bit in your mind.

RickyPhatts

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2022
It does not say E is Interact in the readme.

I'm gonna give the next version another try though, if I can get acceptable frame rates.
You should consider adding resolution scaling, apart from the ability to disable all post effect filters.
My frame rate probably is unusually low because my monitor is native 4K resolution.
Thank you and completely agree. Already implementing Native scaling so that certainly will help along with Generality Graphic options (Low - Ultra) and planned ability to turn off / on individual Post Fx (AO, Bloom, etc) All this should and will help. Optimization is by far one of the most important parts of development in any 3d game. Already have done a ton (even if that is hard to see or believe, and will continue to improve and keep it in the forefront of development.

TREDANS

Oct 1, 2019
if this game is not abandoned could be cool but right now its utterly unplayable. basically a walking sim.

kekpuker

Sep 21, 2020
Wow, this is the first game I cannot play on my Linux. It is launching but I got 2 FPS on RTX 2060. Looking at the OSD monitoring looks like the dev just fucked up rendering in this game really badly - tons of draw calls and render passes. Even Wild Life does 20 times better than this.

RickyPhatts

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2022
Wow, this is the first game I cannot play on my Linux. It is launching but I got 2 FPS on RTX 2060. Looking at the OSD monitoring looks like the dev just fucked up rendering in this game really badly - tons of draw calls and render passes. Even Wild Life does 20 times better than this.
Have not tested on linux unfortunately. This first demo is in very early pre alpha state. Will be pushing new patreon amd a hotfix for this public shortly after that is addressing most all of issues people have seen. I believe mainly a few issues happened on this build including.
1.)Occlusion culling seems broken but not sure how. Seems working fine in new tests. But with that not working draws and tri count are going to be crazy high..
2.) No options menu (which is forcing game being played at high graphic level with no controls to turn off some post fx that are hurting fps)
3.) Test ran have a few shader errors which compounding into fps hits as well..
As I stated a few times in this thread recently will let you all know once the hotfix is out and of course next versions of game.

RickyPhatts

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2022
Brand new Patreon release has just gone live. Tons of bug fixes, and optimizations public release will be in a few weeks, but really proud of the turn around and tried to address firstly the most common issues around Optimization, sound, lack of options. We doing just fine now (Can check the FPS counter in top right of screenshot.) Screenshot (307).png Screenshot (309).png

Last edited:

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
:unsure: well technically if you were a gay lesbian, you would actually be a straight female RIGHT ??? :unsure: or maybe just a Bi-Female

As for the game it seems like a lot of bold promises but i will withhold judgment until there is more to judge ....good luck with the game
I would assume that since "lesbian" obviously refers to a female liking females, "gay" would likely refer to being happy, so I'll assume "gay lesbian" means "happy female lickalotapus." lol :)

• Haha
Reactions: RickyPhatts

RickyPhatts

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2022
Alright everyone ! Brand spanking (Wink) new Public release is available!!! This was a lot of work and is considered the actual Prologue to the game. Have gotten a bunch of great feedback so far from patreons and friends, and spent a lot of long hours working through many of the issues we initially faced with the first version/ demo. Thank you all for the support and hope you all enjoy a much better experience.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes