Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Normally PixelD is fast, but it's giving me a 5 hours to download (full version). As well I had the virus alert and auto delete as well. (Zippy share) And I'm on win 10.
Well it does have the 32 bit version in there, I would hazard to guess that is the culprit. It has been known to cause false positives in RenPy games. Do whatever you feel is best! Plenty of games to play in the meantime. Good luck to you! :>)

Reactions: PPLayer and MrBenny

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Well it does have the 32 bit version in there, I would hazard to guess that is the culprit. It has been known to cause false positives in RenPy games. Do whatever you feel is best! Plenty of games to play in the meantime. Good luck to you! :>)
It's odd, I've downloaded 100's of these Ren'py titles, and have never had a virus issues. As well, I tried another compressed provider and the same virus results happened. (virus... Wacatac.B!ml).

(From the Net)

What does the Wacatac Virus do?

The Wacatac.B!ml is classified as a Trojan by Windows Defender because it enters Windows operating systems by tricking users into executing a legitimate-looking file. The moment it infects your system, it puts you at risk for identity theft, data infection, and financial loss.

I guess I'll wait a bit, to see if the full version will download faster...5 hours is too much, considering it normally takes 3-5 min.

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
It's odd, I've downloaded 100's of these Ren'py titles, and have never had a virus issues. As well, I tried another compressed provider and the same virus results happened. (virus... Wacatac.B!ml).

(From the Net)

What does the Wacatac Virus do?

The Wacatac.B!ml is classified as a Trojan by Windows Defender because it enters Windows operating systems by tricking users into executing a legitimate-looking file. The moment it infects your system, it puts you at risk for identity theft, data infection, and financial loss.

I guess I'll wait a bit, to see if the full version will download faster...5 hours is too much, considering it normally takes 3-5 min.
I can all but guarantee that it is that 32 bit .exe file causing it. And it is hit-and-miss, really. Mostly with the M$ built-in antivirus. Upload the same file to VirusTotal and it typically shows as clean. Such is life! (sadly)

Reactions: MrBenny

Macgamer

Oct 10, 2018
[VN] [Ren'Py] Nephilim [v0.2.1] [BuuPlays] [MQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 3.54GB
Repack size: 434MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PC = / / /
MacOS = (Tutorial on how to create PC/MacOS build.)

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful :alien:
My anti virus goes off when downloading this file saying a trojan is present. :unsure:

• Angry
Reactions: Tayr89

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
continues the adventure ... i'm starting to wonder tho .... what a version 5 would be gig wise ..... seeing this is only .2.1 ... i'll stay with it for awhile but game that hit around 8 to 9 gig .... to big for mostly all games ...
is there a reason the game is so big already ?
love it tho :love:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
"Hey, you know all that bad shit that's been going on in this city we're new to and know nothing about?"

"Yes, I too hard about the bad shit going on, I was involved in that very conversation"....

"Well, how about we completely ignore that and split up, what could possibly go wrong?"

• Haha
Reactions: CrazyRabbit

BuuPlays

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
I can see several of you has had issues with the compressed version.
I just want to clarify that the only links I as the developer provide, can be found directly on my patreon for free with each public update. Those links should always be risk free(y)
I hope you all enjoy the update! Next update's renders are complete and I'm currently busy coding it:coffee:.
It will release in April:)

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Seems pretty good, hope this is a wholesome novel :3

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
MC : "Let us in and we'll put in a good word for you with the guildmaster."
Milton : "Oh boy! I'd appreciate that, go right on in!"
Milton internal monologue : "Fuck yeah, things are looking up! Maybe my days of wanting to hang myself for being in this dead-end position are coming to an end! And that beautiful girl praised me! I think she likes me! I should go buy her some flowers or something!"

MC and Eliza mocking Milton : "Man, what a gullible dumbass..."
*MC and Eliza don't mention Milton to the guildmaster.*
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: BuuPlays

erkper

May 16, 2018
MC : "Let us in and we'll put in a good word for you with the guildmaster."
Milton : "Oh boy! I'd appreciate that, go right on in!"
Milton internal monologue : "Fuck yeah, things are looking up! Maybe my days of wanting to hang myself for being in this dead-end position are coming to an end! And that beautiful girl praised me! I think she likes me! I should go buy her some flowers or something!"

MC and Eliza mocking Milton : "Man, what a gullible dumbass..."
*MC and Eliza don't mention Milton to the guildmaster.*
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Well, in their defense, the guildmaster kinda already knew they'd fast-talked their way past the guard (and probably knew which guard.) So it's not like name-dropping Milton would have been beneficial at that point...

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Well, in their defense, the guildmaster kinda already knew they'd fast-talked their way past the guard (and probably knew which guard.) So it's not like name-dropping Milton would have been beneficial at that point...
Yeah, but they could still have been like "By the way, Milton was helpful." or something. :ROFLMAO:

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
"By the way, Milton let us in against his orders after we bribed him by promising to compliment him, seems like the perfect recruit"
Well, sure, they could have gone that route if they wanted to be dicks. :ROFLMAO:
Milton didn't do the job he was hired to do.

Pretty sure the punishment of the age for slack guard duty was hanging.
Eh, depends on the location, but at the very least he'd probably get reduced rations, pay, and extended "shit duties" (literally with latrine cleanup), to lashes with either a whip or cane for what he did. I doubt he'd be hanged unless some of the lord's money was lost as a result. They wouldn't have given a shit about some serf being kidnapped.

Fair point about there being a punishment though.

Reactions: erkper

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Poor Milton! :eek:
he was intended to be a one-off character, but now I'm thinking I have to bring him back:unsure:
Right?!?

*MC and Eliza leave town on a quest and walk past Milton's guard post*

Milton : "Oh! Hey guys! How's it going? Did you talk to the guildmaster?!?"
MC : "Who are you agai..."
Eliza, interrupting the MC : "Oh, Milton! Y-yeah! Of course we did! You were such a big help!"
Milton blushing at Eliza : "Oh miss Eliza, I didn't do too much. I was really happy to help you. Say uh...w-would you like to get together for a drink at the tavern later?"
Eliza : "Uh, sure, of course. We're uh...we're going out on a quest now, but maybe when we get back, ok?"
MC thinking : "Huh? Why would she...we're going to be gone for 3 days..."
Milton : "Swell! I'll see you there!"
MC to Eliza after they walk away a bit : "Why would you bother saying that? You know we're going to be gone for days."
Eliza : "It doesn't hurt to be polite or friendly, MC! You really do need to work on your social skills."
MC : "Whatever you say, wise-one." *chuckles*

*MC and Eliza return to town after finishing their quest and head to the tavern for dinner. As they approach the door slams open and 3 guards drag out a kicking and screaming Milton*

Milton : "No! I have to wait here! Miss Eliza is going to be back soon and we're going to have a drink and a wonderful evening!"
Guard : "By the Gods, shut up, Milton! Not only did you go against regulations by letting people into the city, but you've been away from your post for 3 bloody days! You're going to the stockade. You'll be lucky if they don't cane you for dereliction of duty!"
Milton as he's dragged off : "Nooooooooo! Miss Elizaaaaaa...."
MC : "So..."Doesn't hurt to be friendly.", eh?"
MC and Eliza :
Squinty.JPG

4.10 star(s) 61 Votes