CV3

Apr 6, 2022
Just started the game and I have a doubt: do I have to choose a path and stick to it or can I choose according to the situation? I mean I understand that if I'm playing in light path I may lose content related to dark path but if I end up being more neutral do I lose the scenes of both paths?

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Eliza's actions got glossed over way too quickly and for me that hurts the story. Hard to consider her and the MC among the good guys.
yeah it did feel like it didn't do enough to show her guilt and all of that and just moved forward like nothing happen rather quickly. But it's going to be a choice now in the next update.

Estius

Mar 16, 2023
yeah it did feel like it didn't do enough to show her guilt and all of that and just moved forward like nothing happen rather quickly. But it's going to be a choice now in the next update.
It seems like they may have cut out some content there. The whole thing was just weird, and they didn't even bother with the body??

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
It seems like they may have cut out some content there. The whole thing was just weird, and they didn't even bother with the body??
Honestly that whole bit felt rushed to me. Didn't spend enough time either after the killing or on the rooftop for Eliza to properly show her emotions and guilt for it. Even if her dialogue shows otherwise to me. Even the dialogue was kinda of quick, never felt like they had a proper conversation about what happened. The whole thing felt pretty emotionless it was like Eliza got turned into a Witcher not a vampire. Yeah that was a pretty dumb thing as well just act like the body is no big deal at very least hide it from plain sight and come back. The adventure's guild kind of felt like plot armor right there.

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
I have to say that after the whole Selena debacle it took me a little while to go back to this VN. I had stopped at 0.3.2 and well, in the end I just couldn't resist and had to download 0.3.6, especially after seeing my sweet Eliza mentioned as a monster here.

Well, I'm very pleasantly surprised with the last updates, they are very immersive and the situation with Blackheart, which I was really looking forward to, has been perfectly dealt with (so good to see him trapped in hell). Plus, the idea of adding Onyx to the story is a very clever move (Taron will be pissed for good!), well done BuuPlays ! And I also have to mention Kira, insufferable at the beginning, who is, now that MC broke her shell, a vulnerable little girl full of love and avid of romance. What a nice surprise!

As for Eliza, I wasn't as shocked as I thought I would be after reading some comments here, because it all makes sense in the end. Let me explain: she has a very difficult and terrible choice to make, either stay crippled for the rest of her life, feeling like a burden to her friends and her lover, or accept to become a vampire with the dangerous risk of not being able to properly tame her new powers and new hunger, while at the same time being able to follow MC everywhere and making sure nothing will threaten the life of her man. And so, what was bound to happen happens, her first night as a vampire and she loses control of her hunger, she didn't even think she could kill someone this easily, all of this is new to her so who can really blame her? And that's exactly why MC comforts her, what is done is done, she has to move on with her new vampire life and learn to control every aspect of it.
The big positive side of the new Eliza is that now both her and MC are non-human beings, they share a very special and deep bond and can help each other in many different ways.

Hard to consider her and the MC among the good guys.
MC never considered himself to be a good guy, he said it many times, and he would kill dozens of people if it would help him getting close to Taron and kill him. Eliza and him are here for a revenge, for killing, not for playing the superheroes and helping the citizens in distress. When MC helps Luna and her mother Cassandra, he’s doing it for his own ambitions and is very clear about it. And that’s exactly why I enjoy this VN, it feels real, not sugar-coated, it can be very dark at times and very light-hearted at others.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
And so, what was bound to happen happens, her first night as a vampire and she loses control of her hunger, she didn't even thought she could kill someone this easily, all of this is new to her so who can really blame her? And that's exactly why MC comforts her, what is done is done, she has to move on with her new vampire life and learn to control every aspect of it.
The big positive side of the new Eliza is that now both her and MC are non-human beings, they share a very special and deep bond and can help each other in many different ways.
Not sure if you saw but in the next update it's going to be changed to a choice so now im really curious how that's going to play out. But yeah I agree I dont blame her or anything for the first night but still looking forward to this change nevertheless

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
Yes, I saw that the dev took this suggestion very seriously and it's very nice of him to implement it in the next update. I will of course choose to avoid killing this poor girl but I'm glad we both agree that Eliza is not really to blame.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Loved the game until the most recent update what the fuck was the dev thinking making Eliza a vampire very nice way to ruin the character I am not even mad I am just disappointed not sure if I will continue to play it.
yup that the one change that came out of left field dont think anyone likes that change. tho there will be a decision to give her a choice when it comes to what she did after she became a vampire in the next update but she will still be a vampire. So at least makes it little better. Only redeeming thing about the vampire thing for me it's still Eliza who I love other wise yeah fuck that change.

Reactions: ProjectSkywardFan

FuzzyPredator

Jan 16, 2023
Great game, played lots of games a LOT more cringe than this is. TBH kinda like the wholesome romance with Eliza and Kira, but kinda hoped to see a bit more Pearl options too. Glad to see Luna being introduced and interested to see where Onyx goes! Looking forward to the next update!!!

Also, kinda interesting that Dalen suggested feeding on drunks at night time? Being Adventurers Guild, wouldn't they have some contracts to get rid of local bandits? Also, depending on what vampire lore you follow, but commonly vampires CAN satiate their hunger from other creatures (goblins, rats, wildlife, etc), but in most cases will not enjoy the taste... Don't know why the STRONG lock in to feed ONLY on human blood, I can see that being a requirement for the conversion ritual, but after that? Blood is blood dood! (Just seems unnecessary and makes things more complicated with Eliza (ie. going on long missions with no humans around for a while, swimming to far islands on a ship with limited crew numbers, etc)

Last edited:

BuuPlays

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
Great game, played lots of games a LOT more cringe than this is. TBH kinda like the wholesome romance with Eliza and Kira, but kinda hoped to see a bit more Pearl options too. Glad to see Luna being introduced and interested to see where Onyx goes! Looking forward to the next update!!!

Also, kinda interesting that Dalen suggested feeding on drunks at night time? Being Adventurers Guild, wouldn't they have some contracts to get rid of local bandits? Also, depending on what vampire lore you follow, but commonly vampires CAN satiate their hunger from other creatures (goblins, rats, wildlife, etc), but in most cases will not enjoy the taste... Don't know why the STRONG lock in to feed ONLY on human blood, I can see that being a requirement for the conversion ritual, but after that? Blood is blood dood! (Just seems unnecessary and makes things more complicated with Eliza (ie. going on long missions with no humans around for a while, swimming to far islands on a ship with limited crew numbers, etc)
All I'm going to reveal is that Eliza will not be needing human blood for long. You'll find out how and why when we reach the April update.
There are currently no bandit quests for Dalen to suggest as was told when we first arrived in Luxenford, the mercernaries guild lead by Taron, is snatching up all the lucrative contracts while leaving the adventurer's guild at a disadvantage.

Glad you enjoyed the story and characters so far! Pearl will definitely get some more attention once we reunite with the pirates later on.

MoBy28

Dec 15, 2023
Story is good so far but a few things I don't quite understand.

1. How is Taron still in charge of anything when he has been kidnapping people and leaving witnesses? Eliza and the head of the Mage guild. Is he the ruler of the kingdom? I am not understanding how he does what he wants without repercussions. Is there no oversight to the guilds?

2. If the MC can track scents, why didn't he go after Taron right after he made sure Eliza was safe?

3. If Balthazar was known as the Lord of Embers in the past and was considered evil, wouldn't his followers need to be kind of in secret instead of standing in the middle of the city trying to recruit?

I guess I'm just not understanding how "evil" is just being allowed to run rampant in the city.

BuuPlays

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
Story is good so far but a few things I don't quite understand.

1. How is Taron still in charge of anything when he has been kidnapping people and leaving witnesses? Eliza and the head of the Mage guild. Is he the ruler of the kingdom? I am not understanding how he does what he wants without repercussions. Is there no oversight to the guilds?

2. If the MC can track scents, why didn't he go after Taron right after he made sure Eliza was safe?

3. If Balthazar was known as the Lord of Embers in the past and was considered evil, wouldn't his followers need to be kind of in secret instead of standing in the middle of the city trying to recruit?

I guess I'm just not understanding how "evil" is just being allowed to run rampant in the city.
Hey Moby!
1. Taron is a guild leader, which is one of the highest rankings within society, so if witnesses were to speak out against him it would all be hearsay and they would only make Taron target them further, they would need hard proof. guild leaders also mingle with the royals and other nobles, making them even harder to go up against. The only prominent person who knows what Taron has been up to is Dalen and accusing Taron publicly wouldn't be smart as he has no proof currently, as for what is happening with the mage's guild and how he is managing it, will be shown later on.

2. Scents dissipate with time and we haven't exactly been up close and personal with Taron getting a good whiff of him like we constantly have with Eliza, so her scent is obviously well imprinted on us.

3. Balthazar is merely a myth to most of society, most information about him is passed down over the last 500 years since his imprisonment, what happens to information when it spreads? It often changes between person to person, his title as lord of embers is not something the common folk would know, they wouldn't even be aware that he has existed outside of being a scary bedtime story. In peoples eyes the church of embers is just another religion on the rise.

I hope some of it clears up your confusion :)

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
All I'm going to reveal is that Eliza will not be needing human blood for long. You'll find out how and why when we reach the April update.
Can't wait for the April update now as it has me curious. I'm already guessing what this might mean. My first guess is some kind of cure for being a vampire as that's the first thing that makes sense and comes to mind. but then that seems too short amount of a time for something like that to happen but I suppose it's possible anyhow ill keep guessing to myself. Thanks for making this game in the first place Eliza and the MC are my # 1 AVN couple and this game is one of my personal top 5 games and cant wait to see where it goes from here.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BuuPlays

MoBy28

Dec 15, 2023
Hey Moby!
1. Taron is a guild leader, which is one of the highest rankings within society, so if witnesses were to speak out against him it would all be hearsay and they would only make Taron target them further, they would need hard proof. guild leaders also mingle with the royals and other nobles, making them even harder to go up against. The only prominent person who knows what Taron has been up to is Dalen and accusing Taron publicly wouldn't be smart as he has no proof currently, as for what is happening with the mage's guild and how he is managing it, will be shown later on.

2. Scents dissipate with time and we haven't exactly been up close and personal with Taron getting a good whiff of him like we constantly have with Eliza, so her scent is obviously well imprinted on us.

3. Balthazar is merely a myth to most of society, most information about him is passed down over the last 500 years since his imprisonment, what happens to information when it spreads? It often changes between person to person, his title as lord of embers is not something the common folk would know, they wouldn't even be aware that he has existed outside of being a scary bedtime story. In peoples eyes the church of embers is just another religion on the rise.

I hope some of it clears up your confusion :)
Thank you for your answers. I won't try to poke holes in anything since it is your story and I'm just along for the ride more or less.

4.10 star(s) 61 Votes