Would you like to woman moaning in the sex scenes?(for 0.6)

• Yes

Votes: 456 81.1%
  • No

Votes: 106 18.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phooploid

Jun 18, 2017
Not a fan of posting reviews for a first(or second) release, so I'll just post my thoughts/feedback here.

Let me start by saying: the game looks promising.
And straight after that, let me start with the biggest issue I have with this game: the UI and the design choices. I'm just not a big fan. A lot of it is just so slow(animations where they aren't needed) and a lot of things even need more clicks than in the usual renpy UI. So while some of the UI might look nice, it is (way) less functional. Moreover, why take away my right click and my ctrl to skip(<-- I find this really annoying)? And why take away the option for text speed in the options menu? Please re-add those functions.
And let's talk about the save windows. Do you really want me to click that tiny arrow to go to the next window? Moreover, the window resets when you close it. So when you want to create a new save, you have to click that tiny arrow again, to go to page two or three or ... . It's just... no... just no. It's functionally VERY poorly designed.
And what about this "textbox". You get an option for it to be on/off at the start, and I usually like a text box, but holy shit, not when it's borderline blinding neon purple. It really just doesn't fit and actively takes me out of the experience. It's way too intrusive.

Besides that, things look pretty good overall. There seems to have gone quite some attention into some of the most important things. Scenes/direction, characters/interaction, and dialogue. Most of it seems pretty good. Though the dialogues seem to vary in quality quite a bit. Especially the start (first few scenes) were really good -- everything felt pretty realistic and it was all directed pretty well. Though I feel the game didn't really keep up that quality. Further in, dialogues and (inner)monologues drop in quality quite a bit and become pretty clumsy and/or poorly written at times. At times the game also seems to be stuck with writing too much dialogue, making the game a bit boring -- especially since I can't easily skip with the CTRL key.

So the writing. As I said, it greatly varies in quality. And while it's never flowing prose, at the high points, it's pretty enjoyable to read. There are however quite some low points. Lets start simple. For example: when someone is talking/thinking, don't write "ffs" or "idk", just write it out completely. No one thinks in online abbreviations. Also, write out numbers. "1 school year has 2 semesters in it" should be "one school year has two semesters (in it)". "I", should be capitalized. Just... just hold the shift key my dude!
Moreover, some of the writing just doesn't fit the characters and/or is just not very good. The dean of a school wouldn't say (and I quote):"Points you gonne get are highly important". A dean would say something like: "The credits (or "points) you will be receiving this semester, are very important for your educational progress". Or something along those lines. And even if you wanted to keep it simple, don't write "gonne"... especially not for the dean of a school. Or what about a sentence like(and I quote): "yeees yes, i wasn't let my husband to do that". Or: "I hope this chair is the only thing you can sit" -- and no, even in context it doesn't make much sense. Even if you add the word "on" to the end of that sentence. So yea. Could really use some work. Though to be fair, overall it isn't that bad and pretty much everything is perfectly legible -- though at times somewhat harder to understand.
And if I had to nit pick further, there would be plenty more examples. Punctuation, capitalization, grammar: all of it could use some work.

And while renders overall are pretty good, some of the renders are pretty empty(could really use some more detail) and some others are somewhat questionable in my opinion. In that first sex scene for example, the nurse looks pretty weird in some scenes. The lighting could also use some work.
As for the sex scenes: they are pretty good. Nothing spectacular or special, though overall decent vanilla(with something extra) scenes.

Enjoyed this first release overall, though I feel it could be so much more.

Antidote Lab.

ABRAXAS
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2019
After playing a lot of game in my opinion you should stick to one side(either ntr or non-ntr) because most of the guys who don't like ntr are not even going to touch the game if they see the tag mentioned so it will be a lot of work without any significant reward .so what I am saying is if your story is ntr then go full throttle if not drop it entirely .
Pls don't take it wrong way it is your game you are the master do as you please ,I am just giving my opinion.
Yes, u right I focus away. My choice will be to stick to my scenario. If you ask if this kind of scene will be in the future in my script, yes it will be. My scenario is never changed but someone wants not to play like ntr scenes I adding a skip button

Last edited:

KeiNineX

Aug 10, 2019
Well, if your request is an non-ntr game, I will make the optional ntr choice at 0.3. This selection will not remove the scenes and will completely change the pattern of the event. Those who do not like NTR may rejoice.
Yes, u right I focus away. My choice will be to stick to my scenario. If you ask if this kind of scene will be in the future in my script, yes it will be. My scenario is never changed but someone wants not to play like ntr scenes I adding a skip button
I don't know if there is a language barrier or you keep changing your mind but you said that there will be a choice that will completely change the pattern of the event so it's not NTR(That how I understand it atleast) but then you said that you are adding a skip button. Just because you skip the scene, it doesn't mean it's avoidable, avoidable means that it never happens. Also you say that there's gonna be more of "this kind of" scenes, you should have said that it's gonna be "that" kind of game at the beginning and this backlash would have never happened.

Last edited:

no11

Sep 20, 2017
So dev has confirmed this will be a NTR game and it will be unavoidable, just skippable. I and people who don't like NTR can peacefully leave this thread to NTR fans. He should do this sooner to avoid arguments. Anyway, good luck.

Edit: From v0.3, dev had decided to make NTR optional, so people who don't like NTR can try this game. Here the words from dev
https://f95zone.to/threads/never-back-down-v0-3-antidote-lab.57999/post-4268678

Last edited:

Bullgano10

Mar 6, 2019
Oh my! I see the thread is getting a war zone after my message about ntr scene. I don't believe it isn't a ntr scene. Actually the mc didn't see the scene, just we saw it because we has a God eye. I believe the game creater man he will give many updates asap!

DH4444

Apr 14, 2019
with a name 'never back down' I thought it was a hentai game based on the movie lol... maybe it could be something similar if we go to the jock table and learn wrestling..

-English could use some work..

-the whole mom having sex with the guy MC smash into scene should have the option to be skipped (as in a choice that either lets player watch or skip it) I'm fine with blackmailing her knowing she is a slut without actually needing so see the whole thing..

-while letting us choose our own key shortcuts is nice and all.. having to hover over the fan to save/load is annoying.. (personally I think if it ain't broken why fix it.. renpy basic UI is something most of us are already used to..)

choosing a table doesn't really seem all that balanced.. we can either earn a friend in Ruby.. a gf in the 'sexy' table (either Madison or Rachel, maybe even Sandy but didn't play with all the options to confirm) or we can be a jock... wondering if this sets our path for the game so early on or if there will be options to do things differently in later updates...

those things aside.. game has nice models and the story could be interesting as things progress so ill keep my eye on this :sneaky:
I agree, why add clicks/keystrokes needlessly to the game and waste the time that could have been used to work on the heart of the game. The game was made less user friendly by getting rid of the RenPy defaults. Please UNDO this.

Reactions: Meridian

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
a skip won't solve anything, it will be still considered ntr even if you don't see it.
I like incest in games and for me that scene ruined the whole game and knowing that you will make more scenes like that is the last straw for me, good look with the game but this game is clearly not for me and those that like non-ntr games.

riddo

Apr 30, 2017
Did not enjoy it at all.
Game looks good, but starting with a lame ass MC getting busted, dreaming about girls and then jumping to a full on NTR scene. Meh.... this is not my type of game.
I prefer to do the pumping not watching npc's do it

Sngo

May 9, 2020
If its just skiping the scene don't even bother with that, the ntr will still happen so with that you already lost all the non-ntr fans. You should make your mind since the beginning to avoid this kind of situation, just state its an ntr game since the start to avoid people losing time downloading this and come here complain.
The only thing that all this situation do is people now will start looking to your games with a foot already behind the back.
Since it will maintain the ntr im out but gl with your game

eropapa

Jul 10, 2019
the renders pretty good and that UI dude really invest in those
hopefully we can blackmail the mom in future keep up the good work dev

Regis NEX

Feb 19, 2019
Yoooo good start, i like how the pacing. Introducing the main players and all.

But dayum... Nurse Anna...

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
I'm kind of blown away. I understand people not liking NTR, but now people are complaining about NTR that you don't see? I mean, is it even NTR if you don't see it? Anyway, so far, it's just the mom, but that's hardly NTR since the MC doesn't like his mom, and really has no interest in her.

Back to the game. It has potential. I like the premise of it. I already see the beginnings of both the NTR/beta path, and the "alpha" path. There's not enough to really tell what direction the story will go, but it's enough to keep me interested in future releases.

And I saw someone mention it, so I'll give my 2 cents. I personally love it when a game has both an NTR route and a love/harem route, if it's done right. I like both genres, so I like having choices, and seeing both sides of the game (like an alternate universe). I hope this game can do it well.

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
I'm kind of blown away. I understand people not liking NTR, but now people are complaining about NTR that you don't see? I mean, is it even NTR if you don't see it?
Yeah, unfortunately NTR is really unpopular to those who can't digest it, to the point of shitting on the game non-stop instead of simply moving elsewhere.

Though I really hope Antidote Lab. won't make the same mistake of some other devs that, by changig the story to please non-ntr fans, burned out working on a scenario they didn't want to make in the first place.

Anyway, so far, it's just the mom, but that's hardly NTR since the MC doesn't like his mom, and really has no interest in her.
Yeah, as I wrote in a previous post of mine, its clearly the dev intention to make her a detestable person and opening up an additional revenge/blackmail path towards her, a choice that I really like btw.

And I saw someone mention it, so I'll give my 2 cents. I personally love it when a game has both an NTR route and a love/harem route, if it's done right. I like both genres, so I like having choices, and seeing both sides of the game (like an alternate universe). I hope this game can do it well.
That seems to be the case to me, roughly both romantic and dark routes meshed together and driven by the player choices.

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
I'm kind of blown away. I understand people not liking NTR, but now people are complaining about NTR that you don't see? I mean, is it even NTR if you don't see it?
If a button pops up 'skip ntr/sex scene', yeah I'd say it is still ntr. I didn't think that was actual ntr when I played through but ruled out the mom as LI for sure. At the time this was potential for incest game, not ntr.

Reactions: Cernunnos.
3.30 star(s) 23 Votes