Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
Dude, you are arguing with me about nothing. I don't care if he's a spy, a traitor, or what. I let him die and if the game would have been written a bit differently I would have just killed him myself. I don't care who he was working for at the time. As far as I'm concerned he was responsible for the deaths of the mine workers. It's true that MC has no way to know this at the time. My comment has nothing to do with "interpreting the story or the character". It's simply a statement of my dislike for the character and the fact that, going forward, I plan to let him die every time I play. My MC left Aqua Palma thinking "good riddence" and never planned to return. (I'm taking liberties with the story here to make the point.) Yes, if I can have my way, when my MC meets up with Dante again I will kill him too. Mainly, because he is too stupid to let live but, also, as you have said, he has betrayed pretty much everyone he came in contact with.
I was just pointing out the technical detail, it doesn't matter if you don't care just that the label you used was incorrect is all and doesn't confusion the context behind why he did it. That being he was always loyal to New Antioch, was sent there to spy, and had a legal right to do so since the tech in the mine was supposed to go to New Antioch (and would have helped save the freaking human race in the process). And I'm not speaking of the MC knowing this or that at the time, I'm talking about Night Owl himself. No one was supposed to be killing anyone in that excursion but because Cicero messed it up with who he sent to retrieve the device it turned into a massacre. NightOwl couldn't have known it would happen, nor did he mean for it, which you'd learn more if you had gone through his path further. Dislike him if you still want but my argument was based on just not misconstruing his character at the very least because you want to just simplify things by leaving out the details.

In any event, I edited the correct quote source btw. Thanks for pointing it out.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Johan_0000

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I was just pointing out the technical detail, it doesn't matter if you don't care just that the label you used was incorrect is all and doesn't confusion the context behind why he did it. That being he was always loyal to New Antioch, was sent there to spy, and had a legal right to do so since the tech in the mine was supposed to go to New Antioch (and would have helped save the freaking human race in the process). And I'm not speaking of the MC knowing this or that at the time, I'm talking about Night Owl himself. No one was supposed to be killing anyone in that excursion but because Cicero messed it up with who he sent to retrieve the device it turned into a massacre. NightOwl couldn't have known it would happen, nor did he mean for it, which you'd learn more if you had gone through his path further. Dislike him if you still want but my argument was based on just not misconstruing his character at the very least because you want to just simplify things by leaving out the details.

In any event, I edited the correct quote source btw. Thanks for pointing it out.
What an imbecilic thing to say, "...was sent there to spy, and had a legal right to do so..." Dude, there is no such thing as a legal right to spy. Oh, and "edited the correct source. Thanks for pointing it out." How about an apology for claiming that I said something I never said and then arguing with it. Damn, man, you are the penultimate example of Mark Twain's admonition, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".

I'm done with you. Onto the list you go.

• Thinking Face

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
What an imbecilic thing to say, "...was sent there to spy, and had a legal right to do so..." Dude, there is no such thing as a legal right to spy. Oh, and "edited the correct source. Thanks for pointing it out." How about an apology for claiming that I said something I never said and then arguing with it. Damn, man, you are the penultimate example of Mark Twain's admonition, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".

I'm done with you. Onto the list you go.

You do you man. Last I looked cops go undercover and SPY all the time, plant listening devices, look into our search histories cause that's their job. Which is what Niteowl was doing cause last I looked, all tech is supposed to be reported and sent to New Antioch. Guess you don't like facts <_<

I thanked you for pointing it out, and never meant to quote you over the actual poster. Plus I didn't retract response, I just edited it to the correct response. I didn't claim anything, I just made a mistake in editing my different response. You're making assumptions about my intent with your narrow lack of context, which given your NiteOwl take is at least consistent. If you think you deserve an apology for that, then I congratulate proving yourself the petulant child you you're raging against :LOL:

• Thinking Face

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023

Hm, no? It's not your job as an adult to fix your adult brother's problem he puts himself in?
He isn't just addicted to gambling, he is also a huge pos that clearly doesn't care for anyone else and will literally sell his girlfriend out lmao

She wasn't trying to help him by cucking him, that was her way of freeing herself over the dependency she had on that loser

Defending that dude is craazyy lmao
This is frkin long so I will add spoilers to organize a bit. Oh and yeah this is all abt Milena's bro lol

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I will finish this by saying that, we're not the same. You're only looking at the surface of his character while I'm looking at the whole picture, diving deep into his character and trying to understand the root of the problem.
So yeah I don't think defending that dude is that crazy. Atleast not as much as defending smn who basically made a cyborg army using dead soldiers to enforce order and litteraly replace mankind lol

THX

Last edited:

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
You do you man. Last I looked cops go undercover and SPY all the time, plant listening devices, look into our search histories cause that's their job. Which is what Niteowl was doing cause last I looked, all tech is supposed to be reported and sent to New Antioch. Guess you don't like facts <_<

I thanked you for pointing it out, and never meant to quote you over the actual poster. Plus I didn't retract response, I just edited it to the correct response. I didn't claim anything, I just made a mistake in editing my different response. You're making assumptions about my intent with your narrow lack of context, which given your NiteOwl take is at least consistent. If you think you deserve an apology for that, then I congratulate proving yourself the petulant child you you're raging against :LOL:
SO who did you save in then end?
Or did you make multiple saves, I personally saved the other guy, think his name was Rocco or smt. Nothing against the spy guy, he seemed great but I'd rather give my back to smn I can trust than to a "traitor".
He's just doing his job ik, that's unfortunate. That's why I hate undercover spies (yeah there's a difference between a normal spy and an undercover one lol).
Plus, I won't lie seeing his "mother" beam with joy when he returned to her was a great bonus

THX

Reactions: motseer

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
SO who did you save in then end?
Or did you make multiple saves, I personally saved the other guy, think his name was Rocco or smt. Nothing against the spy guy, he seemed great but I'd rather give my back to smn I can trust than to a "traitor".
He's just doing his job ik, that's unfortunate. That's why I hate undercover spies (yeah there's a difference between a normal spy and an undercover one lol).
Plus, I won't lie seeing his "mother" beam with joy when he returned to her was a great bonus

THX

I did two paths saving him and not, but I definitely know I prefer the Pro-Empire path so far cause I knew our brother was the actual culprit and he betrayed us, so keeping Nite Owl alive benefits New Antioch more then the other one much as I sympathized with him as well. So since I was siding with the Empire for the most part (although on a reform path) I'm fine with Nite Owl sticking around and watching my back because he's loyal to the empire first and foremost anyway.

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
I did two paths saving him and not, but I definitely know I prefer the Pro-Empire path so far cause I knew our brother was the actual culprit and he betrayed us, so keeping Nite Owl alive benefits New Antioch more then the other one much as I sympathized with him as well. So since I was siding with the Empire for the most part (although on a reform path) I'm fine with Nite Owl sticking around and watching my back because he's loyal to the empire first and foremost anyway.
Oh I see the way you think. You may have understood it but my path doesn't rly give a damn abt the empire. It's more abt MC and what he/I like(s). I don't want anyone loyal to the empire or the preceps. I need one to be loyal to me b4 anything. I don't want my Mc to be a follower I want ppl to follow him lol. I don't care abt New Antioch or Aqua Palma but I do care for the the ppl that are involved with both.
In the end I chose neither, I chose MC. I kinda hope that if push comes to shove we will have 3 option rather than 2. I mean optimally Mc would be the king of New Antioch and make peace with the Aqua Palma ppl and workd hand in hand with them. And yk since he comes from Aqua Palma they might be pretty receptive to following him.
Who knows maybe Aqua Plama could be one of the 1st city to recieve New Antioch support and launch a new wave that will give ppl hope.
I want my MC to be an actor in that not one to watch from the sidelines lol. I think you got my point. So rly I'm not for any of them truly but I'm also for both lol.

Plus his bro may have betrayed him but he still care for him don't forget that. It's just jealousy that has him blinded. I'm honestly hoping we can make him a better person going forward. I rly don't want my mc to go down the cliche path of fratricide revenge. I rly can't wait for the redemption path if there is one.
Idk if you remember but while drinking at the tavern we had some choices when talking to him. I believe those will be keys to his redemption.

THX

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Characters do a lot of unexplained totally contradictory things like talk nonesense all the time,
in order to provoke a chuckle in the reader:

The story is so rich we players get so lost in it very easily.

Sometimes, the characters who are the culprits have to take accountability for them and this game does not dissapoint:

The many world refferences around here that are not explored in the game seem to get traction, yet the ones that are in the game seem overlooked for unexplained reasons ...

Last edited:
Reactions: D Dog and camube

Meiri

Nov 1, 2019
i think the undead army is gonna be used by Enzo & co for a coup.
Use them as in personal army? I don't think so, both looked horrified and I think Cicero is smart enough to understand how bad this would look for New Antioch.
Now use them to gain more power for their own faction and maybe start a coup later on? I think that's more what will happen here.

Jun 24, 2024
I mean, it could be worse...imagine if she worships Slaanesh, one day you wake up by getting pegged by Luci :eek:

In this case we just need to make sure the new servitors are criminals, traitors, personal enemies or enemies of the empire, add a kill switch and all is fine :whistle:
Also make sure it is the MC who becomes imperator and not Luci...
Please don't put cursed images in my head. Also THE EMPEROR PROTECTS.
On the serious note servitor is a fucked up thing. It's slippery slope. First it'll be only heneious criminals then you'll find a mother who tried to steal some bread for her starving kids is strapped up in this eternal torment. It's an arbitrary line. Justice should be blind, not heartless.

Reactions: Filipis

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Yeah...i don't think this can really be called for the greater good and to avoid the missery of the battlefield just to make them suffer way more, constantly and for an indefinite time.
If she at least would have taken their consciousness i'd say ok, or used the worst criminals and scum. But as is, some cheap labour isn't really comparable to enslaving people, taking free will and freedom and torture them if they don't follow orders or even think things they shouldn't, like not wanting to be a slave...

I don't hate Luci, but someone who does something fucked up like this is a psychopath, no use in sweet talking it.
Be it that she doesn't realize the bad she's doing, or worse, she thinks it's ok doing it for whatever reason.
I do hope we will see MC's reaction to that the next ep, as well as Luci's reasoning and have some good choices.

Please don't put cursed images in my head. Also THE EMPEROR PROTECTS.
On the serious note servitor is a fucked up thing. It's slippery slope. First it'll be only heneious criminals then you'll find a mother who tried to steal some bread for her starving kids is strapped up in this eternal torment. It's an arbitrary line. Justice should be blind, not heartless.
True, the whole empire is fucked up, or the whole galaxy more like it...

Well they didn't even bother taking criminals here, they just used citizens and soldiers and somehow i doubt they agreed to that, knowing what awaits them.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Yeah...i don't think this can really be called for the greater good and to avoid the missery of the battlefield just to make them suffer way more, constantly and for an indefinite time.
If she at least would have taken their consciousness i'd say ok, or used the worst criminals and scum. But as is, some cheap labour isn't really comparable to enslaving people, taking free will and freedom and torture them if they don't follow orders or even think things they shouldn't, like not wanting to be a slave...

I don't hate Luci, but someone who does something fucked up like this is a psychopath, no use in sweet talking it.
Be it that she doesn't realize the bad she's doing, or worse, she thinks it's ok doing it for whatever reason.
I do hope we will see MC's reaction to that the next ep, as well as Luci's reasoning and have some good choices.

Well they didn't even bother taking criminals here, they just used citizens and soldiers and somehow i doubt they agreed to that, knowing what awaits them.
This. Luci has officially crossed the line, there's no coming back from what she created. Even if her motives are "pure", she took literally the worst possible route to achieve them - she quite literally, denied the release of death for these people. That is some demonic shit, and needs capital punishment.

Luis Cipher

Formerly 'Fearghas'
Mar 8, 2020
This avn is seriously top tier shit. The story, world building and character growth is fucking golden.
Also the harem creation in the pool scene was...*chefs kiss*
Luci may be fucked up but that body...nearly as hot as Mila...who's fucked up too...
We got 3 girls on board now and I'm sure Mila will be definitely down with it.

Well the army of the dead was a nice clusterfuck cliffhanger....I was feeling pretty good about choosing New Antioch over the old shithole after finding out the truth about our upbringing, plus Stav saying forget about us, choose your own life....the prospect of an alliance of raiders/barbarians probably destroying the advanced technology of New Antioch while looting, just didn't appeal....now I find out the Imperatrix and co. are fucking psychos too...personally, I'm all for MC taking over New Antioch....Champion of the Arena, a Praetorian and the walking cure for the R Virus...pretty good creds for a potential new ruler.

Last edited:
Reactions: Das_Peanut
4.70 star(s) 97 Votes