RewindWorld

Jan 27, 2020
It's in your reply if asked if you miss the brother, MC spells it out that his brother LIED to them about killing their father, while taking control of Aqua Palma despite MC having the rightful claim of the province since our brother forfeited his inheritance with patricide, and sent the MC to start and illegal war with New Antioch when he knows they're innocent of the crime, and with the knowledge that blaming the MC for the crime also put a death sentence on his head when he sent him to infiltrate, the city turning it into a suicide mission instead of a fake defection ploy. That's betrayal 101, even if you argue killing their dad was an accident <_<
It's true Dante didn't tell anyone he killed Princeps by accident, but the rest is kind of your interpretation of events to justify your love for the Empire.
MC was sent because he's the most capable and trusted person. MC is supposed to be a spy for Aqua Palma and report back via Stavros. The only one who's in a position to do any betraying is MC.
Illegal war? lol. Maybe Aqua Palma is supposed to submit a request to post-apocalyptic UN to see if they are permitted to spy on their masters and maybe get rid of their status of a slave province.

I'm not a big fan of Dante atm. He made big mistakes, but at least in my game from what I remember, I don't get a feeling that he betrayed MC. In fact he trusts him more than most. We'll see how things go in the future, but I think it might depend on how you treated him.

It's been a while since a played early parts of the game, but that's how I remember it.

Reactions: ryansFLYIN

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
It's true Dante didn't tell anyone he killed Princeps by accident, but the rest is kind of your interpretation of events to justify your love for the Empire.
MC was sent because he's the most capable and trusted person. MC is supposed to be a spy for Aqua Palma and report back via Stavros. The only one who's in a position to do any betraying is MC.
Illegal war? lol. Maybe Aqua Palma is supposed to submit a request to post-apocalyptic UN to see if they are permitted to spy on their masters and maybe get rid of their status of a slave province.

I'm not a big fan of Dante atm. He made big mistakes, but at least in my game from what I remember, I don't get a feeling that he betrayed MC. In fact he trusts him more than most. We'll see how things go in the future, but I think it might depend on how you treated him.

It's been a while since a played early parts of the game, but that's how I remember it.

Uh how is this interpretation? One, he did not say he was sending the MC to just spy, he was sending him to infiltrate and sabotage to bring New Antioch down and he used the death of their father and blaming New Antioch as the justification. There's no mention of just spying, or even rebelling because of how they're province is treated. It's waging an illegal war using the false justification of their father's death. That was all explicitly stated from the end of the first chapter, not my interpretation.

Second he sent the MC to infiltrate New Antioch under a fake cover story that HE killed their dad, knowing it was BS, and that such a story carried a DEATH SENTENCE for his brother since New Antioch didn't secretly commit the act like he tried to justify, and wouldn't spare the MC for the crime. Which is what happened btw, since you know we went to the arena to escape execution for said very crime? That was a suicide mission to primarily get rid of us. Because if all he wanted was for us to just infiltrate, hanging that cover story on our head was completely unnecessary and the only purpose it serves is to get us killed. Again how is this my interpretation when all of it was both stated and happened?

Reactions: Mommysbuttslut

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022

Yeah no disagree completly, dante betrayed the mc in every possible way lol.

They are all assholes, dante (aqua palma), the empire and so on, nobody is a good guy which is amazing. They all (try to) exploit the mc.

But my mc is gonna kill dante if we get the chance, his betrayal and exploiting of the MC weights heavier as they were supposed to be brothers.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
He framed New Antioch for the murder of his father, used it as a false justification to send the MC there as a covert agent, and then publicly named the MC as his father's murderer. He killed his dad, publicly framed the MC for it, and then sent him to a place that would execute him for it. You've got the political literacy of a rotting turnip if you don't see how he betrayed him. Add to that that his only contact from Aqua Palma is one of the men who murdered his parents. MC couldn't betray anyone because nobody was ever loyal to him in the first place. New Antioch are by far the lesser evil strictly from the perspective of who's done the MC direct harm.

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Use them as in personal army? I don't think so, both looked horrified and I think Cicero is smart enough to understand how bad this would look for New Antioch.
Now use them to gain more power for their own faction and maybe start a coup later on? I think that's more what will happen here.
I was just about to reply with using the army as a coup army but you already thought about it lol

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
So, we just gonna ignore the fact that Aquila 100% knows what her sister is doing?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I actually didn't even bother to connect the dots lol. So good job mate.
However even if she knows I rly hope she is against it. And we both know that she has no "power" in that family of her. She's litteraly just a shadow.
I'd like to think the face she's making is one of disgust.

THX

RewindWorld

Jan 27, 2020
The only thing Dante did wrong is not explain to MC how he accidentally killed Princeps. Not exactly an easy thing to do. Everything else MC would probably do anyway willingly. Keep in mind Dante got angry when he found out Princeps killed his parents, who weren't exactly great btw. He's jealous but he doesn't hate MC.
There is more reason to feel sorry for him than to hate him. He's not a usual one dimensional villain.
Anyway, MC is now aware of the situation and it will likely be up to player to decide weather they reconcile or not.

One, he did not say he was sending the MC to just spy, he was sending him to infiltrate and sabotage to bring New Antioch down and he used the death of their father and blaming New Antioch as the justification. There's no mention of just spying, or even rebelling because of how they're province is treated.
And? So what? You understand how bad the empire is? It's not like MC has any love for NA anyway. Entire village was counting on Princeps to free them from NA eventually. Do you think anyone enjoys getting plundered by NA?

It's waging an illegal war using the false justification of their father's death.
Again with illegal war thing. who cares about illegal war, whatever that is, in this setting. There are barely any rules and they are easily broken. Everyone is a schemer for their own benefit.

Second he sent the MC to infiltrate New Antioch under a fake cover story that HE killed their dad, knowing it was BS, and that such a story carried a DEATH SENTENCE for his brother since New Antioch didn't secretly commit the act like he tried to justify, and wouldn't spare the MC for the crime. Which is what happened btw, since you know we went to the arena to escape execution for said very crime? That was a suicide mission to primarily get rid of us. Because if all he wanted was for us to just infiltrate, hanging that cover story on our head was completely unnecessary and the only purpose it serves is to get us killed. Again how is this my interpretation when all of it was both stated and happened?
That's the thing. I don't believe he sent MC to get rid of him. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong and I'll get rid of Dante myself, but we'll need more updates to see how it is.

Xathras

Feb 3, 2020
Does the realism or not of the name really matter? They're all playing pretend to be from an empire that was ancient even before the apocalypse they're living in the post-apocalypse of.

It's like poking holes in Caesar's Legion in Fallout: New Vegas.

edited to change it to the correct fallout game
It could have similar origins, so no way of knowing where it is or if it is even on Earth. Maybe someone grew up in an intact library and really, really liked the history books on Rome.

(I'm barely into the story, so if I get to a Codex entry that explains exactly where New Antioch is located, I'll see how well I guessed.)

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
The only thing Dante did wrong is not explain to MC how he accidentally killed Princeps. Not exactly an easy thing to do. Everything else MC would probably do anyway willingly. Keep in mind Dante got angry when he found out Princeps killed his parents, who weren't exactly great btw. He's jealous but he doesn't hate MC.
There is more reason to feel sorry for him than to hate him. He's not a usual one dimensional villain.
Anyway, MC is now aware of the situation and it will likely be up to player to decide weather they reconcile or not.

And? So what? You understand how bad the empire is? It's not like MC has any love for NA anyway. Entire village was counting on Princeps to free them from NA eventually. Do you think anyone enjoys getting plundered by NA?

Again with illegal war thing. who cares about illegal war, whatever that is, in this setting. There are barely any rules and they are easily broken. Everyone is a schemer for their own benefit.

That's the thing. I don't believe he sent MC to get rid of him. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong and I'll get rid of Dante myself, but we'll need more updates to see how it is.

So anything we do is justified because everything the other side does is also wrong? Because you're missing the point of why this matters, which you can find plenty of examples real life and it would have nothing to do with New Antioch. It's wrong because you're sending the people of Aqua Palma to war under FALSE pretenses, to fight and die for you based on a lie and a crime you actually committed!? The concept of an illegal war matters for the one who declares it, it has nothing to do with what New Antioch is but his responsibility as the leader of Aqua Palma. You can lie and make up whatever you want, justify it however you want, but that's the truth, you're sending your people to kill and die on false pretenses. Look what it's doing to the tavern lady, who just wants her normal life and peace and stability back while being tormented by the truth and fear of what they're doing, including getting into bed with the same Criminal group that massacred your miners to begin with!

Your belief really doesn't matter against the facts. And the fact is if the brother had never blamed the MC for their Dad's death, MC could have easily gotten into New Antioch without that made up story. He wouldn't have been arrested, he wouldn't have been thrown into the dungeon, and he wouldn't have been almost executed. He probably wouldn't have even needed to sneak into the city, because New Antioch has free travel. Maybe Faustina might have secretly assassinated him (which the MC wouldn't have known at that time) still if she knew, but she'd never have the justification for a public execution and forcing the MC to fight for his life in the arena. The only reason to use that crime/cover story is to kill the MC, there's no other purpose for it and your belief doesn't change that.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016

Dante sent the MC away to get info, but more importantly because the MC was the only one who might oppose him taking over everything and ruling with an iron fist. It's very clear that Dante values power and control, he's like the child who thinks they were deprived because the didn't get sweets with every meal and then gorge on it if you gave them the ability to do so.

The fact that Dante paired up with the bandits shows just how far, and how low he's willing to crawl in the shit just to get more power and control others. A real leader takes into account the wishes and well-being of those they are in charge of and Dante has shown zero of this, even gone backward and effectively undone decades of work his father had accomplished.

Reactions: Hawka1O7
4.70 star(s) 97 Votes