VN Ren'Py New Year's Day(e) [Ch. 4 v0.4.1] [Jonesy]

3.30 star(s) 14 Votes

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
The whole office thing is a bit annoying, especially the old bag boss, who reminded me of, shit the crazy chick you can stick a banana in her mouth or slipper from Ripples, well looks wise anyway, the secretary well I love gingers, but what did annoy me, is even though I like the feisty girl, getting the story moves forward with Kim and Becca, but nothing with sweet Kaybar was hugely disappointing.

My main concern is NTR and that ending made it seem possible, and anyone of you replying to this part of my post can fuck right off, there were never any signs or words the dev for Stranded Dick would suddenly add NTR into 20 hours of sandbox grinding until the cunt did, so save your breath for cooling your pies.

*Jonesy*

Obscenely Wholesome
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2022
I agree.
But let me just say it again so it doesn't get lost in the discussions of what we have concerns about; I like the game. The dev is clearly improving in a lot of ways, he's working hard to make a game for us to enjoy. The girls are cute, most of the story is interesting, and we don't know what the dev has in mind for the future.

To sum up, I think there are three major concerns about the future development.

1. We are nervous about the new job and being forced into sexual relationships with the various ladies there. We want to be able to say 'no', without repercussions.

2. Biological Father. Some of us, like me, don't really care if the MC's daughters are his biological daughters or not. Others care a lot. But the introduction of a biological father seem unnecessary and a pointless complication.

3. Keep it small and tight... Erhm. The inclusion of a few extra sidegirls also seems unnecessary, we have two cute daughters, a friend of theirs and a woman our own age. All of whom want us. Chelsey and Kim (and the possible ladies at the office) seem more like a distraction than additions to the story. I personally would prefer to have the relationships with the main four women be the focus of development. I'm not against adding a girl or two down the line to the harem, but there's no need to rush things.
I have to say, as much as I have asked for feedback over the past year, I'm glad to have finally gotten it. And whether that feedback was or wasn't in support of the way things went in this past chapter, I really do appreciate all of it, because it tells me what I'm doing right and what I need to work on. It seems I need to work on quite a bit...

First of all, chapter 2 is the beginning of the MC's character arc that tests his desires between having a "normal" life and the life that is taking shape back home. Will he choose the "outsiders", or will he realize that everything he want's and needs is what he already has?

While I won't tell you what will happen in the future of the story (because it's only partially written thus far), I will say that the interview scene was written with a choice option in mind at the end of the interview. I just happened to write out the end of that scene as if the player had selected "Yes". This whole section is meant as a sort of battle between Id and super ego with other decisions to make in later parts of the story depending on what the player chooses at the end of the interview. (I'm still working on my coding skills and adding choices to my games is next on my list. Anyone that wants to lend a hand teaching me, please don't hesitate to DM me.)

I'll also promise you all, for the sake of everyone's concern, that the biodad will not show up in the story as an "on-screen" character in any of the upcoming chapters. I also do not intend to include any NTR content (as I understand it). That shit sounds terrible, and it brings to mind too many PTSD style flashbacks of my own teenage years.

I hope this helps mitigate at least a few of the concerns following the release of chapter 2. If you have any other questions, please let me know, or hit me up on Discord, where it might be easier to do than here on F95.

I love all of you for your heartfelt words. I honestly didn't think that many people really gave a crap about my story. I am humbled.

Thanks!

~ Jonesy

Last edited:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Well I guess time will tell, I would hate to have to drop a second incest game in a week.

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
Love the games so far, I just love to be called daddy for whatever fucked up reason. I'm gonna keep playing, but adding bio-dad to the plot line in a way he can't be patched out is going to cost you half your players

ghjghjghj

Dec 10, 2018
Huh. Just saw this, and then went and found Christmas Eve. I wasn't expecting to come back for this one tonight, but sure enough...

And I gotta say, seeing... everything, has really dampened my enthusiasm.

For one, the step thing is concerning. I'll admit a little bit of that is just preference, but that's not such a big deal for me. But what it says about the direction of the game is another thing. Based on what I just played in Christmas Eve, I can't imagine why the continuation of that story would ever make the whole step thing relevant or not.

I bought in to the sweet little story of this dude, and his little group of people. That doesn't require some biodad kicking around somewhere in a way that's relevant, even if it's all off-screen.

I'd probably just been a little wary but dived in anyway, except for all the other stuff that seems to very much confirm that this isn't going to be the thing I thought it was.

I also see the dev saying he intends to do a bit more with the story and all that, which I can appreciate... but I can't help but feel it's out of place. Christmas Eve is very much not a story about a guy who is particularly struggling with his conscious. There's a few token gestures there, but half a sentence later it's all forgotten as he ends up balls deep. It's a sex romp. A very sweet one, but a sex romp all the same. That made for a nice little setup that I was all-in for.

So... eh. I'm done with it for today, at least. Time will tell if it joins the ever-growing pile of games I just never seem to have gotten around to or not.

Dr.John Bums

Apr 29, 2023
*Jonesy*
I love Christmas Eve.
You did a great job with the first chapter of New Year's Day(e).
The 2nd chapter is okay except for the office story.
You practically make a male whore out of the MC and that doesn't fit the rest of the story in my opinion.
It would be nice if in the future you could install that you can also accept a normal job.
It just seems unrealistic that the MC in the company fucks everything that isn't in the trees at 3 and then he's supposed to fuck his daughters and Becky at home and then, more or less by the way, Chelsea and Kim.
Even if you leave out the office story, the MC must have a well-filled sack...

I think it's really good how Becky and MC found each other, you should continue that in the future.

I think the characters have a lot of potential, I could imagine another game with these characters after the 7 chapters of New Year's Day(e).
So go ahead and don't let the negative comments get you down.
You can't please everyone.
One loves your work, another hates it, and yet another has an opinion somewhere in between.

Mar 29, 2023
I liked Christmas Eve alot but not liking the man whore office storyline and also introducing so many of these other side chicks. I very much preferred when the story was primarily centered around MC with Eve, Daye, Kaylee, and Becky. Still I'll continue the story and see where it is headed in the next update though.

Last edited:

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Adding a bio-dad is pretty much the dumbest idea you could have made...
It prevents the incest that the people here like.

Like did you think people play this game for stepcest with a bio-dad lurking in the shadows... :KEK:

Make it real incest and get rid of the bio-dad...
And if Patreon is your concern then make a patch like every other dev here...

Like the game is good... why make it bad with weird decision nobody asked for... same goes for the prequel.

taru

Apr 23, 2018
well so having used the patch i didn't even notice he was step dad so finding this out was a massive disappointment but thats my fault im so used to seeing the incest tag then just there either being a patch or its already in there it may have been better if daye was the step child only because she has brown hair and looks less like the mom and mc than eve so ill hold judgment till this is done which is sad but i don't wanna ruin the build up from the first game that i made myself using the patch in the first game so ill see you Jonesy when its done till then ill hold the disappointment

Reactions: Simulacrum29

Dr.John Bums

Apr 29, 2023
A relative of Heather's may be the children's father.
She could have had a relationship with her father or a brother or uncle.

graybluered1

Jul 23, 2017
Love the games so far, I just love to be called daddy for whatever fucked up reason. I'm gonna keep playing, but adding bio-dad to the plot line in a way he can't be patched out is going to cost you half your players
Yeah I kinda.. noped out I still respect Christmas Eve (Patched preferably) though was great. But this isn't my thing especially with the vibes I Got from the first game. If something changes or it becomes patch able id pick it up back; I just have no interest in 'bio dad in plot'. But I also don't expect the Dev to change anything because of my opinion, after all its their game.

yoonbalol

May 8, 2023
Yeah I kinda.. noped out I still respect Christmas Eve (Patched preferably) though was great. But this isn't my thing especially with the vibes I Got from the first game. If something changes or it becomes patch able id pick it up back; I just have no interest in 'bio dad in plot'. But I also don't expect the Dev to change anything because of my opinion, after all its their game.
yeah, first game was perfect, with the age + incest patch. i don't want my eve to be some elderly woman (18+). the tight-knit, simplicity and intimate feeling of the first game was so good. quality over quantity and all that

Reactions: FatYoda

leetarch

Aug 8, 2017
Hi all,

first, a big thanks for your work *Jonesy*. Your games are awesome.

I read some of the comments up to this point and at first I was dissapointed bc of the changes in the game. But after playing it I have to say that I really enjoyed it.

I was concerned that there would be an over-abundance of dialogue which states the actual ties between the characters. But that's not the case bc the game is not constantly throwing that in your face like some others. So for me the immersion still held.
I liked the dialogues and actions/reactions of the girls. From what was established before most of it flowed rather naturally for me.

The issues I had was with the MC and the shenanigans he let himself be pulled into. Like the office scene and some others. In these scenes he was too passive/without agency. I share the sentiment that him being turned into a man-whore might be rather bad for the story. As in less time we get to see with MC and his main LI. But who knows what's gonna happen?
Like Jonesy said (I forgot where) there are still 5 or so chapters to go.

Overall IMO this was a very fun chapter and I'm looking forward to what else is gonna happen. This game is kinda wholesome (despite the obvious). I hope that atmosphere stays.

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
New Year's Day(e) [v0.2.4] [Jonesy]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- -

Mac:

- -

Last edited:

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
so I just loaded the save at the end of chapter 1, the whole company fuckboy thing is still pretty much unchanged, there may be some changes to the dialogue but can't really compare as I don't have the previous version... all that said it's still a disappointment for me including that whole arc... if I could delete it altogether from the game I would, but it being a kinetic novel... it is what it is.

3.30 star(s) 14 Votes