Sheepsters

Apr 23, 2018
If any of the modders need help, feel free to ask. Will I be useful? Probably not. But I'm willing to learn and try to give a bit of help.

Reactions: slayerpro18

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
well after rigorously inspecting Assembly-CSharp.dll I realized that the data/code that handles where the enemies spawn is not there, but in the files named levels, inside the folder NightofRevenge_Data
View attachment 2428139
View attachment 2428155

now the problem is that I don't have the slightest idea how to edit that file, it seems that there is no other option but to decompile it and open it in Unity to edit it, which I BELIEVE I did but from now on I have no idea what to do.
View attachment 2428174
View attachment 2428181
and I don't think it has been decompiled well either, I get a lot of errors when I try to load something and invalid scripts errors.

So does anyone have a recommendation on what to do? or do I push buttons until something happens?
I thought about decompiling NoR lately. In case you're interested, there's a cracked DevX tool ( ), which in theory might be able to restore Unity project. But of course there will be errors and then, if it even works correctly, we'll need someone who can actually work with Unity 5.6.7f1 (Yeah, that's the version NoR was build with)

slayerpro18

Nov 21, 2018
you can kinda sorta make scenarios with the guide that Nephilim50 provide <3 wich its pretty neat too but it takes time to get it set still works great but adding the animations will be better

slayerpro18

Nov 21, 2018
Use AssetStudio to locate and export sprite sheets, make edits in whatever program you wish, then import them into the sharedassets file the original came from with Unity Asset Bundle Extractor. I might make a visual guide on this later.
A guide will be very helpful
I didn't know shit about how to get all this to work but the guides that you guys are providing are really helpful

Nephilim50

Jul 15, 2022
I thought about decompiling NoR lately. In case you're interested, there's a cracked DevX tool ( ), which in theory might be able to restore Unity project. But of course there will be errors and then, if it even works correctly, we'll need someone who can actually work with Unity 5.6.7f1 (Yeah, that's the version NoR was build with)
I give up, it's too complicated just to change a couple of spawnpoints, I think I'll just focus on trying to add new animations and gameovers but not being able to find the solution to the spawnpoint issue took all my enthusiasm.

the only and last solution I could think of is this:
1677692061824.png
maybe some code can be injected at startup to redirect spawnpoints but I'm not going to learn C# just for a maybe.

Anyway, I appreciate all the information you have given me!

CommentPlease

Feb 25, 2023
Hmmm, I just got an idea... If it's possible to add mods like this by reshaping existing enemies, shouldn't an additional amount of effort allow to insert entirely new enemies with original animations?
... Because I've had ideas... they're mostly just fanfiction at this point.

omp123

Sep 25, 2017
Hmmm, I just got an idea... If it's possible to add mods like this by reshaping existing enemies, shouldn't an additional amount of effort allow to insert entirely new enemies with original animations?
... Because I've had ideas... they're mostly just fanfiction at this point.
So the sprite sheets themselves offer very little room for resizing considering the nature of how sprite sheets work and how an X-Y "grid" is defined for selecting which sprite is referenced on the sheet, meaning if you make an asset too large on its sheet, it'll be cut off where the boundaries exist in-code AND the excess that creeps into other bounding boxes for other sprites will wind up giving other sprites artifacts floating at the edges (i.e. if you make a foot sprite too big it'll clip and you'll have parts of the foot floating at the edge of an arm/leg/whatever sprites are near that foot sprite on the sheet). Unless you find a way to change the binding box coordinates and parameters used to find the right sprites on the sheets, you won't be able to make resizes or major alterations to ingame animations.

Anvenjade

Feb 25, 2018
Just barging in

Most big booba modding look good enough at 1.3x scale. Past that the nipples usually start looking funky and the contours start looking awful, requiring image editing.

Just for reference.

Reactions: ZX7H

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
A lot of image issues come from "Multiplying alpha" setting in spine. NoR does it different for some reason than any other spine-based projects I've looked at (requires Unpremultiplying alpha when you extract sprite sheets).
Also, there's a lot of mesh-work D-lis made, so you might need to look for Spine tutorials to figure out how to work with it. Not ashamed to say I'm still learning a lot of stuff when I have time to work with it.

Reactions: ZX7H

Nephilim50

Jul 15, 2022
HOW TO EXPORT AND IMPORT NoR ASSETS
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
very good tutorial! your method is much more convenient than the one I used in my guide.
it's a great contribution to the community!

ah and i don't know if you have seen it but i made this (Link to the post)
With Spine and the rollback tool, you can redo the sprite sheets, eliminating the problem of edits having to be limited to the edges of the original skin, in case you want to make more radical changes to the skin/animations like the one I made here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/night-of-revenge-v1-0-6-mlt-d-lis.52284/post-10142579

4.50 star(s) 79 Votes