Junban

Dec 10, 2023
Hey, I bought the game recently and have already finished it. However I'm having difficulty finding how I can access the shop of which I just found out about while writing this. For those wondering, the "Talk" option when communicating with Vendetta is greyed out/ unable to be pressed.

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Hey, I bought the game recently and have already finished it. However I'm having difficulty finding how I can access the shop of which I just found out about while writing this. For those wondering, the "Talk" option when communicating with Vendetta is greyed out/ unable to be pressed.
Welcome to the Night of Revenge thread! The shop you're looking for is found through the following conditions:

1) Rescue Illusive in Rhodenia.
2) Visit her shop in the upper level of Ragdum, after the entrance but before the slums.

You'll be able to get weapons, a ring, and a couple costumes there.

The game's great and mods make it better, but it's not quite a 100% polished game. Vendetta's "Talk" option was likely for a DLC area's entrance, and we doubt the DLC is coming since the dev pledged off Unity after the engine's media fiasco and is making his next game in Godot engine.

jz878982

Jul 13, 2022
Is the map in the files up to date for in game events? It says its for 1.05, is there any new events I should look for?

Last edited:

profsji

Feb 25, 2023
This is literally unplayable, I just started the game and get stuck in menus in the equip or level up pages since there is no way to cancel / return to previous page / exit menu
The menu is indeed easy to get stuck in. Try space to exit, or e. Or the cancel action button on gamepad. Apprently avoiding using the mouse in the menu helps.

shytmayn

May 12, 2022
Not in Krongorka's upload (yet), just follow my tip on this post. Anyone can make an upload of an archive put together in this fashion to make it easier for newcomers, but if D-Lis ever gets around to making a DLC then it'd be out-of-date. Whenever that is. NoR has been in development and seeing bugs for so long that it's developed the odd issue of having a bunch of packed versions that are flawed to varying degrees.
Sorry to bother and sorry if I am just being a moron, I followed your tips, but I just can't figure out how to activate any sort of cheat, I've been trying for ages and wouldn't ask normally but I feel like an idiot lol
wondering if you'd be able to shed some light, thank you!

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Sorry to bother and sorry if I am just being a moron, I followed your tips, but I just can't figure out how to activate any sort of cheat, I've been trying for ages and wouldn't ask normally but I feel like an idiot lol
wondering if you'd be able to shed some light, thank you!
For the build my post is referring to which has cheats, they are buttons F2 and F3 -- F2 for infinite health, F3 for 50k ideas per press of that button. For installing those translation files with explicit instruction, know that you must delete the old translation folder completely before you replace it with the new folder, because the newer idea translation actually requires fewer files and having files left over from the old and junky translation will keep old and junky translations in your game.

That said, since I made that post Krongorka made an update to his repack that adds those translations I found and isolated, and adds his own handiwork on improve one animation on an enemy. Krongorka's build and the build I mentioned in my earlier translation post probably both have edited base game DLL files, but they're also both compatible with NoREroMod as that mod doesn't touch said file. BonedMod unfortunately is incompatible. That said, NoREroMod is the better mod, and there's a few features it can get to become even more fun but there's currently no sign of the developer upgrading his mod.

shytmayn

May 12, 2022
For the build my post is referring to which has cheats, they are buttons F2 and F3 -- F2 for infinite health, F3 for 50k ideas per press of that button. For installing those translation files with explicit instruction, know that you must delete the old translation folder completely before you replace it with the new folder, because the newer idea translation actually requires fewer files and having files left over from the old and junky translation will keep old and junky translations in your game.

That said, since I made that post Krongorka made an update to his repack that adds those translations I found and isolated, and adds his own handiwork on improve one animation on an enemy. Krongorka's build and the build I mentioned in my earlier translation post probably both have edited base game DLL files, but they're also both compatible with NoREroMod as that mod doesn't touch said file. BonedMod unfortunately is incompatible. That said, NoREroMod is the better mod, and there's a few features it can get to become even more fun but there's currently no sign of the developer upgrading his mod.
I guess I may just have a problem with my download/computer, not sure why but the f2 and f3 just will not work, thank you for your reply though, I appreciate it!

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
I guess I may just have a problem with my download/computer, not sure why but the f2 and f3 just will not work, thank you for your reply though, I appreciate it!
Hey, thanks for posting. I just noticed something: the post on the other side of the link changed. Either the post was always Krongorka's and his new build dropped the cheats, or Nephilim linked another repack previously then changed the post behind their link to Krongorka's post the moment his was updated. So I don't really know where the version with cheats is exactly but it's living in this thread somewhere in a Mega link.

GeniusForm

Sep 15, 2022
I'll suggest ThornSin. It's much less about platforming, like NoR, but pregnancy-birth mechanic is actually quite nice to see. And animations-wise it uses same tech as NoR, but upgraded.

It's not very easy by default's difficulty, though. So, I'll also suggest to grab my mod for it (link) as there are some gameplay changes to increase chances for healing.
I've actually played and finished ThornSin, so I would like more suggestions please lol

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
I've actually played and finished ThornSin, so I would like more suggestions please lol
I have 2 solid recommendations that are very close to Night of Revenge.

You can try Whisperer. It has better platforming and more tense combat than NoR but unfortunately the majority of sex animations you'll see is on background NPCs and gameover screens, not dynamically on your character. Another problem is that you'll have to rely on BepInEx autotranslate, which takes a few seconds to populate translated text each time it appears. Combat-wise enemies start slow but get ways to close gaps and use homing projectiles quickly.

Lutellaria has fantastic presentation in level design and dynamically started animations as well, along with a way to get hurt / heal via any enemy with sex animations (I'll let you figure it out yourself). The story is told implicitly through imagery for most cases except a time when a fan pointed out and translated text from a Japanese poster in a room in the 2nd zone. Combat-wise it's easier though still better than unmodded NoR; enemy difficulty is in formations getting bigger and an interesting armor system that interprets level difference as how much damage you take.

My take on ThornSin is that it's simply too early to expect much from the game right now though it will grow. At the current moment it's really a kind of side-scrolling Binding of Isaac -- there's randomly generated levels, tight economy on money+keys+items, a pedestal room that gives you a choice between 2 items, a floor boss, and the expectation that you'll replay the loop repeatedly. In terms of combat flavor it's the weakest recommendation of the 3 currently; it focuses on game loop replay potential but the protagonist's moveset and combat options feel cheap, along with enemies and bosses feeling sluggish. Its sex animations are potentially the best of the 3, though I have personal beef on the protagonist being such a pale shade that her skin practically blooms and glows. It's almost an eyesore, kinda makes me want to darken her skin color just so I don't see that annoying bright glow. This isn't normal whiteness. This is flashlight-on-porcelain glowing.

Reactions: Krongorka

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
I have 2 solid recommendations that are very close to Night of Revenge.

You can try Whisperer. It has better platforming and more tense combat than NoR but unfortunately the majority of sex animations you'll see is on background NPCs and gameover screens, not dynamically on your character. Another problem is that you'll have to rely on BepInEx autotranslate, which takes a few seconds to populate translated text each time it appears. Combat-wise enemies start slow but get ways to close gaps and use homing projectiles quickly.

Lutellaria has fantastic presentation in level design and dynamically started animations as well, along with a way to get hurt / heal via any enemy with sex animations (I'll let you figure it out yourself). The story is told implicitly through imagery for most cases except a time when a fan pointed out and translated text from a Japanese poster in a room in the 2nd zone. Combat-wise it's easier though still better than unmodded NoR; enemy difficulty is in formations getting bigger and an interesting armor system that interprets level difference as how much damage you take.

My take on ThornSin is that it's simply too early to expect much from the game right now though it will grow. At the current moment it's really a kind of side-scrolling Binding of Isaac -- there's randomly generated levels, tight economy on money+keys+items, a pedestal room that gives you a choice between 2 items, a floor boss, and the expectation that you'll replay the loop repeatedly. In terms of combat flavor it's the weakest recommendation of the 3 currently; it focuses on game loop replay potential but the protagonist's moveset and combat options feel cheap, along with enemies and bosses feeling sluggish. Its sex animations are potentially the best of the 3, though I have personal beef on the protagonist being such a pale shade that her skin practically blooms and glows. It's almost an eyesore, kinda makes me want to darken her skin color just so I don't see that annoying bright glow. This isn't normal whiteness. This is flashlight-on-porcelain glowing.
Whisperer is meh in terms of combat, imo. Game over animations are simple non-lengthy loops, but it uses Spine for animations as well.
Actually, mobility in combat can be increased significantly, as I found out, but I don't know if people considered to mod this game.

And I just noticed there's no forum thread for it (not just about translation), bummer.

wCG1.gif

Game's mostly guro, but that's one of nice spine CGs it has and I also edited it a bit.

Lutellaria is good. You should also check their previous game, but that was a shooter.

Oh yeah, almost forgot about brightness in ThornSin:
It's about developer's overusing postprocess effects. Not gonna lie, they overdone it.

tswalkpreg.gif

Last edited:

Alvis209

Dec 10, 2023
Played the game for roughly 2 hours and my save data is gone
I cant seem to save the game no matter what I try
Its not under "read only" in the file properties
If anyone has a solution to this I'd appreciate that

Ergast

May 31, 2017
The menu problem needs to be notified in the main post, to be honest. I'm not a complainer, I already 100% this game (it is fantastic), and for some reason I thought there was a warning in the first post (probably because I already know the issue and I was used to it), but there isn't. It would help a lot of new players to know to expect that, or at the very least we could point that and say "Someone hasn't read the warning in the very same post from where they downloaded the game..."

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
The menu problem needs to be notified in the main post, to be honest. I'm not a complainer, I already 100% this game (it is fantastic), and for some reason I thought there was a warning in the first post (probably because I already know the issue and I was used to it), but there isn't. It would help a lot of new players to know to expect that, or at the very least we could point that and say "Someone hasn't read the warning in the very same post from where they downloaded the game..."
I updated my post with game's link about "door stuck! menu stuck" issue and a method to solve it. Hope that helps just a bit at least.

• Haha
Reactions: JustAl and Ergast

Ergast

May 31, 2017
It's not perfect, because most people would just check the first post, but that should help at least a bit, yeah

4.50 star(s) 79 Votes