Bulbanych

Oct 13, 2020
I was wondering if the version on first page ( Win(Bug Fixed) ) is the optimal version of the game, which is especially confusing as some of the extra's seem to already be implemented (auto-translation/uncensored patch). In particular I'd like to know if there is a better translation, as the current version isn't great, there seem to have been quite a few different attempts (especially with all the game versions) It's hard to know which is considered the best from a 384 page long thread.
The absolute best version is the one listed under every post made by a user named "Krongorka". The one from the "Win(Bug Fixed)" is the second best.
Translation is still not really great in either of the versions (especially in the bestiary pages), but I think the one from Krongorka's posts is better.

Reactions: Beats9821

ONE PUUUUUUUNCH

Jun 3, 2022
any time I examine something nothing happens. the game doesn't freeze or anything but it just zooms in and then nothing. anyone know how I can fix this or am I missing something?

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
How do I get past after defeating the first boss the game freezes any way how to fix this?
For ease, follow Bulbanych's advice in the post above and download Krongorka's build. This issue has been around for literal years. I'd recommend searching the thread like anyone else does, but by now it's probably full of more posts of people asking this question than it is full of answers to this question.

For ease, please download Krongorka's build. It solves both the bug of getting stuck and gives you an awesome English translation.

Reactions: Bulbanych
Aug 13, 2020
I'm so glad I left this thread so many moons ago.
Take out the incompetent end users that can't use the search bar for "diary bug" or "stuck" and this thread would easily be under 50 pages long.
Too bad there isn't anything else noteworthy, guess I'll stick to the discord instead.

dw9000

Nov 27, 2017
I'm so glad I left this thread so many moons ago.
Take out the incompetent end users that can't use the search bar for "diary bug" or "stuck" and this thread would easily be under 50 pages long.
Too bad there isn't anything else noteworthy, guess I'll stick to the discord instead.
Isn't the game finished anyway? thought it was completed a year ago or so and that was it, another project or something on the way etc etc.

Squall14

Oct 2, 2021
Mann.. I played this game and rated it here 2 years ago (build 0.54) and started replaying today to try the last patch (1.0.7) and i find it was better without the music they added at the start of the game.

The main menu music, the first cutscene with Vendetta and the additional backstory they added takes away all the creepy atmosphere and the souls-like imo.

However, this game stays a 5 stars to me and one of the best platformer i've ever played.

worldender

Jun 19, 2022
Isn't the game finished anyway? thought it was completed a year ago or so and that was it, another project or something on the way etc etc.
I know at one point he had been thinking about DLC, but that was before he got burnt out trying to re-censor the entire game to fit new DLsite guidelines. That, plus he's abandoned Unity due to all the price changes and is now focusing on 2.5D games. So yeah, as was said above, it's sadly pretty unlikely - which is too bad, but I get it.

sageproduct

Mar 16, 2021
Candore got raped unconscious by prisoners, possibly to death.

This game is so done a fork has already been stuck in it, it has been served, and it has already journeyed through the sewers into the ocean.

D-Lis mentioned a minuscule possibility of revisiting the game but on the note that the newest version of Unity is very different compared to the version that was used to make the original "A Witch's Night of Revenge". D-Lis is currently making his next project using Godot engine after the drama that unfolded when Unity put out notice that they would charge developers for each existing install of their game.
Candore's fate is so cruel and tragic. Really furthers the game's dark theme of the worst, saddest things happening to the best, noblest, and most innocent of humanity. Rest in peace dear Candore

She and both Aradias are in a gentler place now. Oh how I wish, I could one day go to the land where the three of them are all hanging out and laughing like best friends, along with Aradia's sister and father. They would totally geek out showing each other cool sword tricks and going on awesome adventures

My favorite hobby now is probably getting ChatGPT to write sweet stories about the lives that Aradia and Candore could have in a better, kinder world

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
Anyone know where the lightning dagger is? last weapon i need
Sunken Valley, below the bridges. Reach it by going to the left, going downward, then jumping from the tree on the left to a platform under the bridge. Of course, it's much easier to reach if you jump to the platform before you put down the bridge, but that jump was possible even before it was made easier in later versions.

It's a trick weapon (staff) dagger. It's probably in the Top 3 for Worst Weapons in the Game. It has interesting behavior in potentially hitting a crowd hard if you see a bunch of enemies stacked together, hit them all with 1 strike, then run away, but it's a truly awful weapon in that it is slow and weak.

A modder might be able to improve it by making its damage about 10x higher. Yes, it's a bad weapon so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what it takes to make it decent.

Reactions: Plasama123

Plasama123

Sep 19, 2020
Combat Mod V1 - Player Moveset & Hard Candore Fight (Download MEGA LINK)
Combat Mod description post (link)

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT MENU BUG (Getting stuck at it):
"Try space to exit, or E. Or the cancel action button on gamepad. Apparently avoiding using the mouse in the menu helps."

Update, Nov 16 2023:

Download now includes:
- 1.07 Version
- My old 0.32 animation mod ported to 1.07
- Latest available translation
- Uncensored assets (Textures-Mosaic removal)
- Full gallery save
- No soft locks

MEGA (Download Link)

View attachment 3090857

Original post:
So, it's that bad, huh?
I guess I'll just post 1.07 with no softlock at the first Forest area. I also took the liberty to remove that dumb mosaic removal plugin, which breaks some effects and patched two mosaic "material"/shaders so mosaic won't render at all. This is the method I've been using since ver. 0.25/earlier and that works without BepInEx plugins. Assets are uncensored, so everything should work as expected.
It also includes fully unlocked gallery.
The point was to share a version 1.07 without soflock

View attachment 2690071

How do i get the bigger booba ending scene like the one the senior inquisitor is doing? I just have the regular sized ones.

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
How do i get the bigger booba ending scene like the one the senior inquisitor is doing? I just have the regular sized ones.
This is what I like to call a "Spine test" where some things were repositioned/scaled etc. Meaning it's kinda like a false-advert. but it technically can be imported back in the game...

There's also a WIP project to make game's animation-graphics assets to be released in "source" project form. It's been awhile since I started to work on it and it's not that far from being released as a full package. Here's a little demo in attached files, though.

If anyone is interested in modding the game's animations/graphics via Spine editor or wants to learn how it works internally, feel free to look. It's not a mod for a regular users as is, but can be really helpful in a long run.

What you want to do with the attached archive is to extract it anywhere on your machine, install cracked Spine 3.8.75 and open included .spine source file. Rest of it works the same as you can find in Nephilim50's spine modding guide posted on this forum, but it skips the whole process of data extraction/texture unpacking and the rest of data matching. Also comes with a correctly applied uncensored assets this time around.

Escuro

Dec 11, 2019
Is there any way to make it harder to escape the grapples?

Even on very hard where the first enemy, fodder on normal, can damn near oneshot you with his knock-down attack, it still takes exactly two clicks of the attack button to escape once he grabs you. It's way, way too easy to get out of it.

4.50 star(s) 78 Votes