Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
Aradia deciding to commit sudden sudoku does confuse me however.
I think that "Good Karma" ending actually works better for me. From idea and CG visuals. Wish it was not a static CG, but animated just a bit.

skeleton2 -800.png

>>>>>i have a question : how good is this game english translation ??????
I think at this point I don't expect a better one. Current one is enough to understand the story and H-events with notes. Some text is untranslated here and there, though. But it's minor part.

Also, I'm still testing combat mod. Attack interruption on guns sure looks weird and OP as hell. On the other hand anything can be exploited, so it's just about buffing enemies. I'm thinking about removing enemy "stun" animations altogether and replacing it with a quick follow-up attacks. And after that there's just a lot of Assembly enemy-specific code to touch:

View attachment AttackInterruptionOnGunsCRF10.mp4

shintmark

Jul 4, 2022
whenever i pick a mode after it loads for awhile it then crashes it says 'the game has crashed. the crash report folder named "2023-12-30_003832" next to the game executable. It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!'

Dumath

Aug 26, 2020
For some reason whenever i examine the shiny thing after the first boss the game just freezes and i'm only allowed to move the camera, has anyone else had the sane problem and/or knows how to fix it?

Dice13K

Aug 10, 2019
I would like to directly thank you for your efforts. Thanks to you, I was able to enjoy this game with a decent translation and stuff. So uh... Thank you very much. I feel like your post, specifically, should be mentioned in the first post or something. I'm happy I managed to randomly find it when I was looking to download the game (I played some version of it a long time ago).

As for the game itself, in my opinion, this is the best non-turn-based combat hentai game in existence. As for "the best" -> I'm torn between this and Succubus Academy. I'll probably type a review for it.

lovelon

Jan 11, 2018
I think that "Good Karma" ending actually works better for me. From idea and CG visuals. Wish it was not a static CG, but animated just a bit.

View attachment 3214986

I think at this point I don't expect a better one. Current one is enough to understand the story and H-events with notes. Some text is untranslated here and there, though. But it's minor part.

Also, I'm still testing combat mod. Attack interruption on guns sure looks weird and OP as hell. On the other hand anything can be exploited, so it's just about buffing enemies. I'm thinking about removing enemy "stun" animations altogether and replacing it with a quick follow-up attacks. And after that there's just a lot of Assembly enemy-specific code to touch:

View attachment 3214995

bro, you can share this mod :v I like it to be a shooting game, maybe reducing Dmg from Guns by 50% would be good

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
bro, you can share this mod :v I like it to be a shooting game, maybe reducing Dmg from Guns by 50% would be good
Since I've posted my last post, I've tested mod a bit further and found some stuff I can use for it. As well as testing it on a specific enemy - Candore.

I'll say that this is still the best melee boss fight in the game and there's specific things I changed in her attacks/behavior to buff her:
- All of her animations keys were shortened. I think you'll have about a 1-1.5 seconds to react to her attacks.
- She doesn't have stun animation anymore, so you won't be able to continuously attack her without her instant counter-attacks.
- Stun/Damage animation replaced by attacks. So it's in your interest to use heavy swords/guns or magic. Basically, try to keep distance... until stage 3 of her fight with explosion attacks.
- Her magic cast is instant, no more standing in place for 3-4 seconds.
- She does have a very helpful attack flag, which changes direction of her attacks towards your position (left or right). This alone makes fight more interesting.
- Her HP value is doubled for now.

I'll try prepare this as a standalone mod preview. Stay tuned.

View attachment CandoreNewFightCRF35.mp4

Last edited:

Bulbanych

Oct 13, 2020
Since I've posted my last post, I've tested mod a bit further and found some stuff I can use for it. As well as testing it on a specific enemy - Candore.

I'll say that this is still the best melee boss fight in the game and there's specific things I changed in her attacks/behavior to buff her:
- All of her animations keys were shortened. I think you'll have about a 1-1.5 seconds to react to her attacks.
- She doesn't have stun animation anymore, so you won't be able to continuously attack her without her instant counter-attacks.
- Stun/Damage animation replaced by attacks. So it's in your interest to use heavy swords/guns or magic. Basically, try to keep distance... until stage 3 of her fight with explosion attacks.
- Her magic cast is instant, no more standing in place for 3-4 seconds.
- She does have a very helpful attack flag, which changes direction of her attacks towards your position (left or right). This alone makes fight more interesting.
- Her HP value is doubled for now.

I'll try prepare this as a standalone mod preview. Stay tuned.
I adore most of your changes, but I disagree with replacing her stun animation with an attack.
I'm probably in the minority, but I think that having a stun animation is important to have some sort of breathing room, since after your changes in the video she's extremely fast and retaliates immediately upon getting hit and does so with extremely fast attacks.
The biggest problem with stun animations in the original was that these animations often glitched and started repeating if you hit the enemy before the stun animation finished (like, if an enemy is doing a "flinching" animation after getting hit, if you hit him before the animation finishes, the "flinching" animation restarts, and you can continue doing this cycle until the enemy dies).
And a small nitpick, the instantaneous magic attacks make it look like she straight up skips animations sometimes, which makes the fight feel less polished, like at 0:32 mark of the video, where she does the "yellow magic circle" animation, which then abruptly ends so that she can turn around and continue the fight.

I get that these are mostly nitpicks/personal disagreements coming from a person that prefers slower combat, but after watching the video, buffed Candore kinda gave me Malenia vibes in a bad way.

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
The biggest problem with stun animations in the original was that these animations often glitched and started repeating if you hit the enemy before the stun animation finished (like, if an enemy is doing a "flinching" animation after getting hit, if you hit him before the animation finishes, the "flinching" animation restarts, and you can continue doing this cycle until the enemy dies).
And a small nitpick, the instantaneous magic attacks make it look like she straight up skips animations sometimes, which makes the fight feel less polished, like at 0:32 mark of the video, where she does the "yellow magic circle" animation, which then abruptly ends so that she can turn around and continue the fight.

I get that these are mostly nitpicks/personal disagreements coming from a person that prefers slower combat, but after watching the video, buffed Candore kinda gave me Malenia vibes in a bad way.
You see, that's an actual problem with stun animations for NoR enemies.
Stun will always trigger once enemy receive enough damage. No way It's hard to prevent that (scripting skills are needed here). It can be replaced either with a very short range dash (for Candore and several types of enemies who has this) or shortened "Blank-idle" state. Both of these kinda suck and makes enemies very weak and exploitable.
I only showed melee combat coming from player. Once you'll see how magic and guns can be exploited, you'll see what I mean.
Her magic cast time is also a problem, she just stands there.

Also, I actually remember time Candore was implemented in the game and I lose to her. Nowadays it feels very easy if you know an exploitable moveset: jump - dash towards enemy - aerial combo - dash from enemy. Once enemy in a stun - take away as much health as you want. So yeah, my point was to get rid of that.

Mod aimed to give movement freedom to player (attack interruptions with dash) and that should be balanced with same mindset for enemies. It's not supposed to be an easy fighting. But that's just my opinion.

anon3213

Nov 13, 2017
Hey guys, playing for the first time. I got to the Parish Church and noticed on the second floor there is this interaction icon but I cant click it or anything. Its the only icon ive seen so far that I cant interact with so im just wondering if my install is messed up or its just something normal in the game.

M.Izayoi

Aug 27, 2023
Screen Shot 2024-01-02 at 1.52.11 PM.png Is .app the same thing as .exe?

Issues im having trying to follow tutorial:
1. when i try to turn the .exe into a .app by using winebottle, the thing wont open.
2.. all the commands dont work when i try. when i use chmod u+x run_bepinex.sh, no text or anything happen and when i use ./run_bepinex.sh it just say open run_bepinex and configure the excutable name.
3. 1704185851420.png
Do i delete the other over ride?
4. Am i even opening terminal in folder correctly? I just right click the NightofRevenge_1-1.07 folder and click new terminal at folder.

Last edited:

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
Follow-up to my previous post (link)

I decided to upload a "small" test version of my Combat mod. Why I called it "small"? Because in this version I only updated player's moveset to be more reactive to inputs and Candore's moveset for a boss fight.

Changes:
- Attacks for all types of weapons are faster. It's recommended to try all weapons, especially two-handed heavy ones. Especially ones you didn't like or used - I'm only used first sword to beat whole game, so I'm pretty sure many of you did the same ;)
- Magic casts seem to cast twice right now due to a bug, but I recommend to test it as well. Might be actually very powerful and useful.
- All type of attacks technically should allow to be interrupted with a dash move. Character's stun animation doesn't seem to be affected and it doesn't work reliably with one-handed weapons, but try it with magic cast, guns and two-handed weapons.
- "Drinking potion" animation is shortened

Candore boss fight:
- Please check my previous post for more details and a video preview.
- Harder version of boss fight

I recommend to use Elegance spear for this boss fight. If it's too hard, try to lower difficulty as low as Easy, because this enemy is adjusted for a new player's fighting capabilities. And it eliminates "stun strategy".

I also want to make other enemies in the game to be tough and fight back more effectively, but it takes time to test and edit it, so it will take plenty of time to do. Feel free to leave a feedback, but don't expect this mod to be easy for updated enemies, Candore is just an example.

Technical stuff:
I found out that .json spine animations files can be compressed with non-selected "pretty print" option. It helps to save several megabytes of data.
Also, apparently D-lis used different version of skeletons for event cutscenes. For example, when you meet Candore for the first time, it uses a separate skeleton version which only use some animations ("Start1-5") and after that it changes to a regular one. "Cutscene skeleton" does have a full moveset, so I deleted all unused animations.
Size comparison for "Cutscene Candore": 3.44 mb vs 275 kb.

I believe there's a lot of room to optimize file size for this title. So maybe I'll also aim for that too.

Installation:
-
Use this 1.07 version of the game (link to post)
- Extact mod archive contents in a folder with NightofRevenge.exe
- Confirm file replacement
- Play the game

- Important note about 2 unlockable additional skins: These use different skeletons from a main one, so these didn't receive same animations updates as a default one. So, basically, you can still have an old character's moveset speed. But you probably won't stand a chance against updated enemies.

Installation process in video form:
View attachment NoRModInstall.mp4

And as to how magic now can shred non-updated enemies:

View attachment ShreddingSecondBossWithMagicCRF20.mp4

Last edited:

HandyCapped

May 18, 2020
Follow-up to my previous post (link)

I decided to upload a "small" test version of my Combat mod. Why I called it "small"? Because in this version I only updated player's moveset to be more reactive to inputs and Candore's moveset for a boss fight.

Changes:
- Attacks for all types of weapons are faster. It's recommended to try all weapons, especially two-handed heavy ones. Especially ones you didn't like or used - I'm only used first sword to beat whole game, so I'm pretty sure many of you did the same ;)
- Magic casts seem to cast twice right now due to a bug, but I recommend to test it as well. Might be actually very powerful and useful.
- All type of attacks technically should allow to be interrupted with a dash move. Character's stun animation doesn't seem to be affected and it doesn't work reliably with one-handed weapons, but try it with magic cast, guns and two-handed weapons.
- "Drinking potion" animation is shortened

Candore boss fight:
- Please check my previous post for more details and a video preview.
- Harder version of boss fight

I recommend to use Elegance spear for this boss fight. If it's too hard, try to lower difficulty as low as Easy, because this enemy is adjusted for a new player's fighting capabilities. And it eliminates "stun strategy".

I also want to make other enemies in the game to be tough and fight back more effectively, but it takes time to test and edit it, so it will take plenty of time to do. Feel free to leave a feedback, but don't expect this mod to be easy for updated enemies, Candore is just an example.

Technical stuff:
I found out that .json spine animations files can be compressed with non-selected "pretty print" option. It helps to save several megabytes of data.
Also, apparently D-lis used different version of skeletons for event cutscenes. For example, when you meet Candore for the first time, it uses a separate skeleton version which only use some animations ("Start1-5") and after that it changes to a regular one. "Cutscene skeleton" does have a full moveset, so I deleted all unused animations.
Size comparison for "Cutscene Candore": 3.44 mb vs 275 kb.

I believe there's a lot of room to optimize file size for this title. So maybe I'll also aim for that too.

Combat Mod V1 - Player Moveset & Hard Candore Fight (Download MEGA LINK)

Installation:
-
Use this 1.07 version of the game (link to post)
- Extact mod archive contents in a folder with NightofRevenge.exe
- Confirm file replacement
- Play the game

- Important note about 2 unlockable additional skins: These use different skeletons from a main one, so these didn't receive same animations updates as a default one. So, basically, you can still have an old character's moveset speed. But you probably won't stand a chance against updated enemies.
So it seems I wasn't the only one who thought magic was nearly useless. Specced full int and every spell I tested did around a sword swing's worth of damage for a long casting time and a resource cost. Though a few ones were somewhat useful, like the flame shield. And at least some of the weapons you get or alter upgrade seem to get fairly good numbers with high int.

On the mod itself? Seems really good so far. Responsiveness and balancing were consistently this game's biggest issues, as baiting and spamming a fast weapon was the solution to everything, aside possibly broken stunlock or firearm cheese. As an idea, it might be interesting to give blocking/parrying the same treatment as dodging does with the animation cancels if at all possible, as RN it seems just straight up inferior to dodging. So many games with souls-like combat loop allow for cheaty good dodging at all times, but gate any form of blocking behind heavy recovery frame/health drain/stamina damage/stat requirement hoops, which force you to just statically stand and bait counters or parries, as you can't dare to commit to animations or expend stamina. This game's the same: the only way you can use the otherwise interesting perfect block stamina recovery mechanic reliably is just standing there to wait for the attack, rendering the whole thing useless with your unused and therefore full stamina. Blocking after attacking just isn't feasible with the recovery frames, unlike with dodges. Literally the only game resembling a souls-like that actually gave incentive to block I can remember from the top of my head is Sekiro. Another observation: IMHO binding perfect block on block key release, instead of press, seems to be a much more satisfying way to implement them, even in games where one has to mod that in or abuse glitches (like the said Sekiro). Think of SSBU perfect block.

That uncalled for rant about blocking in action RPGs aside (sorry, it got lengthy), you had a gif of the MC with even more front heaviness in your older 1.07 version post: Was that just a spine edit you did or is that from a larger mod/gallery?

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
So it seems I wasn't the only one who thought magic was nearly useless. Specced full int and every spell I tested did around a sword swing's worth of damage for a long casting time and a resource cost. Though a few ones were somewhat useful, like the flame shield. And at least some of the weapons you get or alter upgrade seem to get fairly good numbers with high int.
I didn't use magic at all in the base game. I only started to use it here and found it more useful due to some of it duplicating itself at the start of the cast, frontal electric one for example.

Take a note that some animations doesn't rely on animation keys: magic cast, guns, damage (I really want to short stun animation for player, by the way). Control for these is somewhere in the assembly code.

I agree with blocking being mostly useless, although with edited faster enemies sometimes I just press and hold block not to parry, but just to prevent damage. I wanted to implement aerial blocking, but that will require code editing for sure.

PS: I managed to make aerial blocking possible, it just doesn't result in unique animation. But it does block some damage mid-air if you press and hold block key. So that's cool, I guess.

View attachment AirGuardCRF15.mp4

But yeah, I prefer faster attacks for both sides and block/parry never worked here and probably never will, unless I'll find something in the code to make it interesting, we'll see.

As for heaviness, do you mean this post (link)? There's only a default and shortened version. And as about that third gif with a "full 6 attack combat" with a heavy sword - that was a spine render.

By the way, am I the only one who thinks that not a lot of players actually go and upgrade weapons? I never did that in the original on Very Hard. But then again, I only used first sword to beat whole game, so that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 78 Votes