Fursissypiggy

Nov 6, 2019
I know where the saves are at. They don't show up in the game. The game doesn't recognize my old saves.
if you are importing old saves, you need to move the entire save folder from the old version (you can omit save 20 if you want to use the new one as well) basically, it needs the global.save to work properly i believe.

• Sad
Reactions: FookU2

DreamyMilk

Aug 25, 2019
I know where the saves are at. They don't show up in the game. The game doesn't recognize my old saves.
your problem is most likely that the save system got changed between v0.17.1 and v0.18.1, if you had red the change log you would have seen this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
this most likely have an good chance to make save games between v0.17.1 and v0.18.1 incompatible so probably better to start over agene in general i believe.

Fursissypiggy

Nov 6, 2019
If you have an old save, or start a new game, you will be able to interact with the blonde (Rose). There is even a bad end that can be had with her as well.

You end up meeting Rose almost as soon as you enter the realm.

there was no 'new' interactions with her added in the latest version, however.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
if you are importing old saves, you need to move the entire save folder from the old version (you can omit save 20 if you want to use the new one as well) basically, it needs the global.save to work properly i believe.
And that means I will have to start over, now, cause I transported the save files, but not anything else. Good info to have for the future, though, I guess.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
your problem is most likely that the save system got changed between v0.17.1 and v0.18.1, if you had red the change log you would have seen this:
this most likely have an good chance to make save games between v0.17.1 and v0.18.1 incompatible so probably better to start over agene in general i believe.
Yeah, too much to deal with. I just deleted everything in my folder, and moved the empty folder to another folder I titled "games to come back to when finished." I hate starting over on games where I have multiple different saves. It's just too tedious to go back through and recreate all those different paths, again, especially when there's a chance of this happening again in the future. It's an unfinished game. Devs spend time fixing bugs, and revamping older scenes. And that's cool and necessary to create a good ending product. But, I simply don't care to replay an entire RPGM game over and over again, and again. So, to save myself frustration and repetition, I just wait till it's finished, or at least near the end of development.
Ren'Py can sometimes be ok to repeat, cause of the easy skip function. I can just skip to the next choice, pick one and skip again. But, in RPGM, we have all the walking around, clicking on everything in sight, etc, and it just takes way too long. The average adult just doesn't have that much time in a day lol.

DreamyMilk

Aug 25, 2019
Yeah, too much to deal with. I just deleted everything in my folder, and moved the empty folder to another folder I titled "games to come back to when finished." I hate starting over on games where I have multiple different saves. It's just too tedious to go back through and recreate all those different paths, again, especially when there's a chance of this happening again in the future. It's an unfinished game. Devs spend time fixing bugs, and revamping older scenes. And that's cool and necessary to create a good ending product. But, I simply don't care to replay an entire RPGM game over and over again, and again. So, to save myself frustration and repetition, I just wait till it's finished, or at least near the end of development.
Ren'Py can sometimes be ok to repeat, cause of the easy skip function. I can just skip to the next choice, pick one and skip again. But, in RPGM, we have all the walking around, clicking on everything in sight, etc, and it just takes way too long. The average adult just doesn't have that much time in a day lol.
well if you DELETED the original save folder before you transfered the old one, then THAT is the problem, becose the new save folder have like 3 new FILES that the new version is using, so your old saves meit be working but not benefit from the new system, as lond as you don't mess whit the new "Files".

also remember foresave files to be properly transferred in "RPG Maker MV" i believe you need to transferee Bothe saves and the file named "global.rpgsave" if memory serve right, something to do whit save management i believe or something so the game can see that there exists save games there, maby an workaround whit making dummy save files from 1 to 20+ and then over writhe them whit your older saves meit also work but not sure.

• Angry
Reactions: FookU2

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
well if you DELETED the original save folder before you transfered the old one, then THAT is the problem, becose the new save folder have like 3 new FILES that the new version is using, so your old saves meit be working but not benefit from the new system, as lond as you don't mess whit the new "Files".

also remember foresave files to be properly transferred in "RPG Maker MV" i believe you need to transferee Bothe saves and the file named "global.rpgsave" if memory serve right, something to do whit save management i believe or something so the game can see that there exists save games there, maby an workaround whit making dummy save files from 1 to 20+ and then over writhe them whit your older saves meit also work but not sure.
I deleted everything AFTER I was tired of trying to figure out what went wrong. I assure you I am not so stupid to delete the save files, then come here and ask why my saves don't work.
I deleted EVERYTHING. I now would have to redownload the game, and start from the beginning, creating several new saves. And I'm just gonna wait on that.

upayipwn

Feb 8, 2020
And that means I will have to start over, now, cause I transported the save files, but not anything else. Good info to have for the future, though, I guess.
There is a thing you can interact with immediately after entering the desert world that unlocks most-if-not-all of the scenes from old releases in the memory/recall room. Assuming you just want to see the scenes that is.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
There is a thing you can interact with immediately after entering the desert world that unlocks most-if-not-all of the scenes from old releases in the memory/recall room. Assuming you just want to see the scenes that is.

No. Just seeing the scenes doesn't keep me updated with the game, itself. This is a game I'd prefer to actually play, although there are those games out there where I do just download them, unlock the gallery, check the scenes out in the gallery, then delete everything. But those are usually horrible MTL games where I can't understand the dialogue, anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: upayipwn
4.60 star(s) 25 Votes