Quickpawmaud

Jul 4, 2019
"To avoid formatting issues, you will need to update the text to html using the in game tools along with right clicking on the main text screen, then Encoding -> Unicode." Happens with Rags 3.0.60.
When I do this all the text just disappears and I don't know how to make it come back.

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
Pfft, who needs text anyway.... oh.

Well the text disappearing is just weird. I could recommend updating your typeface to the latest UTF, but I'd be amazed if you got RAGS to run on something that doesn't natively do UTF (even if not up to date).
So it's probably one of the dependencies that's broken. That's sorta the cop-out answer with RAGS though. I'd imagine it's the .net install if anything. But maybe I'm just not experienced enough with text just going missing.

boobyross69

Dec 14, 2017
Is there anyway to get around the game crashing? After I have a pretty sizeable encampment (12-13 slavers, 9-11 slaves) the game will crash when selecting some assignments . Do I have to limit the size of my encampment to avoid this issue? I enjoy playing this game a lot, and its super frustrating to have the game crash randomly. My only other solution has been to increase save frequency.

trifork

Mar 22, 2020
how the hell do i use rags to play the game. I honestly need a step by step solution. Just downloaded 2.4.16

Last edited:
Reactions: lulutek

Noread

Sep 14, 2018
Question since I cant manage to install WMP.
Is there any way to get the game working without it?
Thanks.

Oct 12, 2018
Is the game s till making you play the slaver that dethrones you instead of letting you continue as a slave? 9i heard something about apuppet leader sorta deal

Gerfenikss

Dec 24, 2017
What a fucking piece of shit this engine is! 20fucking21 year someone uses this prehistoric garbage. Can't run this shit using specified RAGS versions:
AND specified link in readme which would help fix the problem DOES NOT EXIST!

v 2.6.1.0.

Screenshot_25.png
v 2.4.16.0.

Screenshot_26.png

Last edited:

jinnhihho

Mar 11, 2017
What a fucking piece of shit this engine is! 20fucking21 year someone uses this prehistoric garbage. Can't run this shit using specified RAGS versions:
AND specified link in readme which would help fix the problem DOES NOT EXIST!
Thats why I stopped playing this game sadly. Still hoping this gets ported to something more suitable or something in the future.

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
No Haven is from like 2016. Back from before twine was really a thing. By the time the twine conversion is done, twine will not be a thing again.
RAGS really kinda needs windows media player, the .net framework, and Microsoft SQL to work, no two ways about it. I would highly advise RAGS 3.0.16 for No Haven, it's a very big difference even if it is slightly more annoying to get to work (text to html conversion and text encoding).

Is the game s till making you play the slaver that dethrones you instead of letting you continue as a slave? 9i heard something about apuppet leader sorta deal
Puppet leader just lets the slavers use the leader as if they were a slave for nightly shenanigans, not actual slave-training. There is still camp-takeovers like you mention.

weerchange

Dec 11, 2018

Ego Orb

Apr 20, 2018
Try Rags 3.0.6, it's WAAAAY faster. Like a lot a lot.
Also right-click the text window and switch encoding to UTF, this only has to be done once total, converting the text to HTML has to be done everytime you load the game.
Thanks for this. I also found out while trying something silly just to see if it would work; Holding CTRL and scrolling your mousewheel will make the text bigger or smaller, which is very nice on big monitors like mine.
Only thing that's left nagging me is this area which is in the way, it wasn't there on the older rags version, and I assume it wasn't intended to be there by the dev. It's circled in red in my screenshot, is there any way to get rid of it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaxter

inkyhorn

Dec 20, 2020
Anyone got a regalia var of the recent update? Or a way to run Rags 3.0.6 on linux cause wine has been giving me hang ups on it.
There’s a regalia version of .951 in the comments (look up in the last three or two pages). And I’ve had no luck in running rags on Linux

Gerfenikss

Dec 24, 2017
That's probably just RAGS being terrible.
You could just wait until someone converts the latest update to Regalia which runs in your browser, or convert it yourself if you're feeling adventurous.
Why are you writing all this to me? This shit isn't worth the effort.

Aug 23, 2018
Whenever I load a game, my slavers name disappears. Anyone know why?
yeah you fucked up your save in some way. Most likely saved when you shouldnt.

How to achieve success in 'Quick as you like' assignment? And how to unlock subsequent assignment?
Tbh im not sure, i know of a one single way that lets you succeed and ive never really tried anything else. Just try different options and youll get there. The subsequent assignment unlocks after a few successes i think.

Reactions: User1810

dumbass55

Jun 23, 2019
So... I'm at the evening in my first day and I can't figure out how to advance time . Do I have to fuck someone? My only female slaver is angry with me so I can't select her.

Edit: I just bit the bullet and had sex with one of my male slavers and the click to continue option became available. Am I gonna have to keep doing this? :unsure:

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 20 Votes