Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
I have nothing helpful to suggest since I don't really get it. But I guess the helpfulish part of this post is "it's possible to avoid by playing in some particular fashion", though I can't really explain what fashion that is.

Lotharin

Sep 8, 2018
The developer really needs to just stop messing around with RAGs version updates and focus everything on the TWINE conversion. Even with the newest update eventually things bug out and corrupt for reasons you will never understand why. Just clicking on a slave and selected a training assignment might hardlock RAGs after a few months and it gets very old fast.
I think the reason why they are still updating the RAG's version is due to the inherent flaw with monthly support platforms like Patreon. People expect periodic content, and Bedlam also gets commissioned to put peoples OC's into the game.

I do agree that the twine version would open the way for modding and much more fleshed out content, and the game would have a strong basis to almost become the next Free Cities.

On a tangent if anyone is willing to spoil the Moon Assignment in Thornspire (and possibly anything after that), I would greatly appreciate it, I can't deal with the tedious trial and error of constantly retrying it.

I also noticed that Bedlam mentioned there being a unique trait and aspect only unlockable from the Succubus in the City assignment, and that "you will have to make things very difficult for yourself to get it", if anyone has figured that one out it would be interesting to know.
The TWINE version is progressing very well, and we can expect a semi-stable TWINE version by the end of the year, according to Bedlam's Patreon.

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
In order to acquire Tessa Verstecker from Adversarial Affairs, the (M:Co) trait goes in the second slot, and I'm unsure if it's either (Psy) or (Min) that's required in the first slot.

Reactions: User1810

TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021
So my two saves got the hang on the same month 23 day 16, anyone can get past that month?
Unless you have a save before whatever cause the corruption you have to start again. This is the problem with RAGs. No Haven pushes RAGs to the limit of what it can do and save state corruption is inevitable. This is why I've both given up on playing it and being a patreon of Bedlam which I was for a long time because the only solution is to focus all their efforts on the conversion but they continue to develop the RAGs version as well because other patreons pressure them to.

No haven has simply outlived the system it was using because it started as something long before Twine and Renpy where a thing ( though I don't think you could do No haven on Renpy).

Ultimately your choice is to play it as long as you can enjoying it before each corruption happens or put it aside to see if the Twine version ever does come to pass (And isn't just as buggy).

Reactions: Jaxter

Tenshing

May 24, 2019
Unless you have a save before whatever cause the corruption you have to start again. This is the problem with RAGs. No Haven pushes RAGs to the limit of what it can do and save state corruption is inevitable. This is why I've both given up on playing it and being a patreon of Bedlam which I was for a long time because the only solution is to focus all their efforts on the conversion but they continue to develop the RAGs version as well because other patreons pressure them to.

No haven has simply outlived the system it was using because it started as something long before Twine and Renpy where a thing ( though I don't think you could do No haven on Renpy).

Ultimately your choice is to play it as long as you can enjoying it before each corruption happens or put it aside to see if the Twine version ever does come to pass (And isn't just as buggy).
No the second run was new start. Oh I see, I guess going to wait for further update then, thanks for answer.

TheCragger

Aug 14, 2021
Does save scumming cause save corruption ?
No idea. I do know that letting your computer go to sleep with it open and then continuing to play and saving can generate a corrupt save state.

As I said, just play NoHaven in RAGs with the expectation your save will become corrupt. There are no tips or tricks about it. RAGs is outdated and noone uses it for a reason. And No Haven was designed for a version of RAGs that is not 100% forward compatible.

No Haven's future if it wants to remain viable is TWINE or another engine. But to keep patron's paying they keep putting out RAGs updates, which is slowing the conversion.

And to the white knights that read this and want to argue that, it is simple fact. You only have so many man hours and those hours spend on RAGs are not spent elsewhere.

Aug 10, 2019
I haven't had issues with save scumming other than the memory leak.
I had an issue - I was save scumming just loading the game without closing RAgs, to get a good corruption result, and it eventually started doing funny shit, as in, pact of damnation wouldn't process, would just output empty line ~ no effect. So I'm assuming something was breaking.

Which helps by making save scumming more onerous so I do it less.

Alenin

Oct 13, 2017
I have two questions for anyone kind enough to answer. First is how much content is there for a submissive main character playthrough? I know that there are certain missions that are affected but does it matter around the camp, or is it just give you a chance at a bad end? Also does taking the super negative trait possessed do anything meaningful in the game? The description says you will lose control over your actions but I don't know what, if anything, that means. Thanks for any help saving me from my constant habit of remaking characters.

Mar 27, 2018
Can someone tell me what is the meaning of 'potential slaver' and 'potential slave' in the game.
It means there's currently an active mission which could reward you with slavers or slaves.

The game counts potential slavers/slaves against your limit. So if you have 6 slaves and your encampment holds a maximum of 8, and you go on a Raid Traveler's Inn mission, you'll have 2 potential slaves (because Raid Traveler's Inn gets you 2 neko slaves on a crit), which means you won't be able to go on more missions to get slaves until that mission is done (because 8 is your max).

Reactions: Muxia

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
I have two questions for anyone kind enough to answer. First is how much content is there for a submissive main character playthrough? I know that there are certain missions that are affected but does it matter around the camp, or is it just give you a chance at a bad end? Also does taking the super negative trait possessed do anything meaningful in the game? The description says you will lose control over your actions but I don't know what, if anything, that means. Thanks for any help saving me from my constant habit of remaking characters.
Most of the submissive content is descriptions. There are no "bad ends" unless you count switching encampment leader. Depends on how much you identify with the encampment leader I guess. There's Ensnared Rose, a bunch of missions with specific sub descriptions, and encampment interaction that can yield sub content.

Being possessed mostly (only?) comes into play during respect checking. If you're possessed you will sometimes succeed a respect check by having the possessor take over and let the slaver have their way with the encampment leader. I am not aware of any other effects it might have.

Reactions: User1810 and Alenin

VineBear

Feb 19, 2018
As well as what was mentioned above, possession also randomly stops you from engaging in whatever nighttime activity you were doing, and makes the aforementioned encampment interactions much more likely, with new text

Alenin

Oct 13, 2017
I wish this game made it so your second in command was able to assign missions if they were in the camp and you were out. I want to have a bad ass adventurous leader but unless your able to line up your mission days you'll end up with people just lazing around and you can't do anything about it. What's even the point of a second in command?

chopish

Sep 12, 2020
I wish this game made it so your second in command was able to assign missions if they were in the camp and you were out. I want to have a bad ass adventurous leader but unless your able to line up your mission days you'll end up with people just lazing around and you can't do anything about it. What's even the point of a second in command?
If you don't mind some things breaking you can trigger the game over and continue playing. That will break something in the game and allow you to next day while you're gone even without proper planning (that would otherwise allow you to do the same thing, if not for just a few days)

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
Available slavers will attempt to recapture runaway slaves even without being told to do so when the encampment leader is away.
Having the 2nd in command take risks on missions on the players behalf would quickly become infuriating though.

Alenin

Oct 13, 2017
Is there any way to upgrade my main characters biomancy skill? I know when I use corruption skills successfully I get an exp reward, but when I used biomancy successfully I didn't get any at all. Was it just a hidden stat, is there a quest related to it, or is it only certain spells? I tried searching the tread for answers but all I found was what bonus character to take and people asking how to do it on themselves, which I don't need.

Reactions: User1810

Lotharin

Sep 8, 2018
No Haven - 0.955 - TF Edition - Hotfix

Right unless I've messed something up that got missed in testing. this will be the public release, and at last we all get to move on from 95.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sorry I was late posting this update, life got in the way.

3.90 star(s) 20 Votes