VN Ren'Py No More Money [v3.5.1 S3 Ep.5 GE] [RoyalCandy]

4.20 star(s) 156 Votes

moonshadow

May 6, 2017
I would assume it stands for putting the characters in different positions. Be it stand up looking at the sky. Lie on the bed, etc.
I could ofcourse be comleeeetely wrong here though. I dont effing know tbh lol. But that's my guess.
:unsure:

Reactions: Geralt_R

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
Just curious: what the "posing" stands for?
You need to pose your DAZ models, i.e. do they sit? Do they stand? What are they doing? Are they sad, happy, smiling or crying? It's basically the same a photographer would ask his model to do.... to do various poses and the photographer gives his model directions. Only here you directly manipulate the digital models.

Vsevolod17

Oct 30, 2017
You need to pose your DAZ models, i.e. do they sit? Do they stand? What are they doing? Are they sad, happy, smiling or crying? It's basically the same a photographer would ask his model to do.... to do various poses and the photographer gives his model directions. Only here you directly manipulate the digital models.
Thanks. I figured out creating a game like this requires plenty of movie director skills. It is very important and also very tricky to give a steamy and exciting visual presentation of a sexual intercourse, but even more tricky and important is to give a realistic build up of a sexual tension. It is what separates good games from lousy ones - an eye for details.

Reactions: moonshadow

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
I figured out creating a game like this requires plenty of movie director skills.
I am by no means a DAZ expert... but yes, you need quite a few skills. You need to know about composition, you need to know about lighting. You need to know about how and where to set up your virtual cameras, focal length, aperture etc. In many ways a VN is like writing and directing a tv show, only that you make still photos with some animations.
But you need to know how to pose characters, how they interact, what they should do in any given render like a director. And on top of that you need to know the quirks of DAZ or things like Blender. You need to rig internal skeletons, conform clothing (so it fits the body), apply textures, know a thing or two about shaders, make sure the materials look right (skin often tends to look like plastic in some games), then there's physics when you do animations etc. This is no easy task! And you can usually tell when someone knows a few things about composition and how to set up (virtual) cameras.

The renders in No More Money are really good. But a lot of work is put into that.

moonshadow

May 6, 2017
Another aspect that I've grown to respect a lot lately, is Lightning. Posing and all that is, fine. It took me a long time to realize how important lightning really is. Some games/vns are amazing at that. (as a principle I just dont bother mentioning other 'games', but some hints might be in my sig)

I guess a quicker and easier way to put it, its the whole package that makes it beautiful.
Not sure why I never considered how important lightning in scenes are.
But there's also something I deeply hate when it comes to visual effects(lightning?) and that's the lensglare (or w/e its called). Hate that. Some find it 'artistic' maybe, for me it's annoying. Only thing in these kinda games I find more annoying, is the overuse of flashing white screens when the MC 'cums'. It literally gives me headache, forcing me to give up on some games, or in 'best' case, skip thru the 'climax'. I have never had bright white flashes before my eyes when I cum (TMI?), so I dunno why some devs insist on it. Personally i would settle with just a render showing the mc cum, heck even a text just stating the mc came on/in somewhere.

well this might be my weirdest comment so far :whistle:

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
Not sure why I never considered how important lightning in scenes are.
Lighting is at least 50% of the equation. The best pose in the world will look horrible if the lighting is bad.

Lensflare, if used sparingly is ok, but it shouldn't reach JJ Abrams levels of insanity. It all depends on whether or not you want to give the illusion that a real camera took the shot (more cinematic) or if you want people to think they see everything through the eyes of the protagonist (i.e. no lensflares then).

bebiho

Sep 16, 2016
Dev needs to tone down some of the writing early game, MC "cheating" by getting a kiss on the lips is is exaggerated out of proportions with Tris and also by the girls (Lauren, Lisa) if you tell them that you have a girl.

As hot as Lauren is, I cant see anyone choosing to "date" her. Side girl material at best. Lisa is level above her, shame her face is meh.

Not a fan of the changes to Emma, the short hair makes her look like a bimbo compared to her natural model look early game. Hopefully there will be a option to convice her to remove the fake tits and short hair or a route where the transformation doesnt happen if you dont cheat on her or pursue Charlotte/Tris.

The music in this VN is fucking fire, should be a way to see what song is playing.

Last edited:

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I am by no means a DAZ expert... but yes, you need quite a few skills. You need to know about composition, you need to know about lighting. You need to know about how and where to set up your virtual cameras, focal length, aperture etc. In many ways a VN is like writing and directing a tv show, only that you make still photos with some animations.
But you need to know how to pose characters, how they interact, what they should do in any given render like a director. And on top of that you need to know the quirks of DAZ or things like Blender. You need to rig internal skeletons, conform clothing (so it fits the body), apply textures, know a thing or two about shaders, make sure the materials look right (skin often tends to look like plastic in some games), then there's physics when you do animations etc. This is no easy task! And you can usually tell when someone knows a few things about composition and how to set up (virtual) cameras.

The renders in No More Money are really good. But a lot of work is put into that.
The hardest thing that I have had to deal with while making renders is the lighting and it took me a long time to get this right

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
Dev needs to tone down some of the writing early game, MC "cheating" by getting a kiss on the lips is is exaggerated out of proportions with Tris and also by the girls (Lauren, Lisa) if you tell them that you have a girl.
Well, it depends on your definition of cheating... he definitely cheated on Emma emotionally. If my girlfriend kissed another man... I would certainly consider that cheating! Likewise if I kissed a different woman... I would consider it cheating. Fidelity is not just about not having sex... it involves emotions, feelings and in a good and happy relationship there should be no need to kiss different people. If the relationship is built on love, not open and the significant other (or you) is absolutely not ok with sharing. And Emma is in love, not ok with sharing and thus it's absolutely cheating.

Also, most girls wouldn't like it that a man in a relationship is pursuing them. Some will, sure. But most wouldn't be ok with that. So Lisa's/Lauren's reaction makes sense. Of course you can argue that a VN should not be real and just be silly fun... but you get plenty of games like that already, I enjoy and prefer the somewhat more realistic approach here and the fact the MC is not a sleazeball like in so many other games. I hope that won't change in upcoming episodes!

Lol20080

Feb 5, 2021
Is or will there be an android version of the current update? I remember playing this game on my phone a few months(?) ago

Robwood

Aug 3, 2021
I tried playing this game, but it keeps freezing my computer and I have to force a shut down in order to get out of it. I was hoping the the Ren'Py number being so low that my poor old computer could handle it, but apparently not. Please don't respond with troubleshooting; I already know what the issue is and I'm too broke to fix it. Maybe when I have a better system one day I can give this game another go.

bebiho

Sep 16, 2016
Well, it depends on your definition of cheating... he definitely cheated on Emma emotionally. If my girlfriend kissed another man... I would certainly consider that cheating! Likewise if I kissed a different woman... I would consider it cheating. Fidelity is not just about not having sex... it involves emotions, feelings and in a good and happy relationship there should be no need to kiss different people. If the relationship is built on love, not open and the significant other (or you) is absolutely not ok with sharing. And Emma is in love, not ok with sharing and thus it's absolutely cheating.

Also, most girls wouldn't like it that a man in a relationship is pursuing them. Some will, sure. But most wouldn't be ok with that. So Lisa's/Lauren's reaction makes sense. Of course you can argue that a VN should not be real and just be silly fun... but you get plenty of games like that already, I enjoy and prefer the somewhat more realistic approach here and the fact the MC is not a sleazeball like in so many other games. I hope that won't change in upcoming episodes!
MC said a kiss on the check and the girls decided that it was necessary to initiate a kiss on the lips without knowing MCs status. Its "cheating" by the law, but I dont like how the sister portray the MC as a fucking asshole when it was forced..

Last edited:

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
but I dont like how the sister portray the MC as a fucking asshole when it was forced.
Sure, he's not a complete asshole because of that... but yet, it's cheating. But he's no casanova or sleazeball yet just because of that. I feel the sister was maybe just disappointed in him, maybe she wants her future boyfriend to be a man of principle who won't get tempted by other girls when she's his one true love (eventually) ;)

Reactions: DarhkBlu

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
1659729459816.png

Hi guys,
How is everybody doing?
PROGRESS STATUS
This past week I have finally managed to finish writing the text for the upcoming episode. It took a lot more than usually, but I am finally happy with it(hopefully). It only needs proofreading and maybe some adjustments here and there, but other than that it should be fine.
Also this week I went on a shopping spree for new assets for the upcoming season so expect some sexy outfits.
AUGUST
As some of you remember August for me it's the month I spend with my family, that's why I will stop posting any progress for now. I might still do some work every once in a while, but it won't make sense to post progress if there is almost none.
I do apologize for this, but lately it became really hard, I feel a little burned out with working 10-14 hours every day, both on my job and on this game, so I really need a break.
I understand if some of you will decide to stop your pledge this month and continue after the release.
RELEASE DATE
The plan is to release it sometime in September. I don't know exactly a date, because I am not sure how much progress I will do this month, but I'll make enough progress so that I could release the next episode in September.
NEXT UPDATES
After this episode, I plan on going back to monthly updates or at least an episode every 6 weeks.
Best regards,
Jason

ElricV

Oct 4, 2019
This was one of the better games I've played.....the girls are "sexy" and the plot-line and the way it's written (I do like the dialogs) is very immersive.....so a graphic novel type of deal, well done.

Reactions: Ara-sH and Old Dog

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019

Another great realistic thing as well is MC is caught cheating by Emma. If you don't tell them the truth hell you have all three girls until Emma sees you with one of them.

Like Lauren and Lisa can be main girls and side girls.

Like dating Lauren and then at the beach say it's Lisa and you open her side romance and same thing with Lauren. Their are different moments showing them being jealous if their side chicks.

Reactions: Geralt_R
4.20 star(s) 156 Votes