VN Ren'Py No More Money [v3.5.1 S3 Ep.5 GE] [RoyalCandy]

4.20 star(s) 156 Votes

Grizzly^_^

Dec 2, 2017
I have been noticing the discussion when it comes with Emma (Girlfriend) and such, that being that some players are unsure of how the game is meant to progress. That is the story seems to have a case of "Do you Cheat or Not" and at some points it feels that you are forced to regardless of if you as the player chose to Not. Heck for myself it felt weird how flirtatious the MC was dispite how he acts with Emma herself when the communicate. It just felt off that he would be so flippant with her and her alone.

So the questions are thus.
-What was the intended "Canon" path which the authour wanted us as players to take?
-Is there a planned path where Emma is actually on board with his actions while away from her or was there plans for him to be caught by Emma and compleatly guilt trip the player for choosing to do so?
-What about with the at home girls. What is the actual goal with them in conjunction with the others.

The story is fine up until these roadbumps come up, as the player we have no investment with the already existing Long Distance Girlfriend compared to the ones that are at hand for the MC to take into his life. But at the same time, we as the players have to sit there and watch the MC go get conflicted with the fact that 5mins ago he was more than happy to grind up against girl B, C and D all in one day. It just is an odd roadbump to hit that sometimes it just doesn't make sense. If he is so conflicted with cheating on Emma, why is is fine to date the others and flirt so much with the girls at home...

Sure, I ain't complaining about the TnA moments, its just that I want to enjoy the rest while we are here you know. If I want to play a game where its a freeforall sexfest then there are plenty of games that are just that, but this one isn't is it.

Basically and rather bluntly.
Decide where you want your story to go. Make it clear to the player what choices they are going down in terms of results.
If theres a Harem option that the player may choose, let the story reflect that by having the girls be more open to it with some sort of clue when on that path. Otherwise, don't make the player sit through what is basically cring moments of story where the player choice is countered by story flow...
Otherwise make it more solid that the MC is a One Girl Guy or not and don't let us the players change the flow on a whim and have the MC ok with that while its happening...

Salami Pasta

Apr 4, 2020
Anyone else having the issue where Ren'Py says it can't decode an webp image? I started a new game and it happened right at the start of the game so far it has been image 001.webp, 002.wep, 006.wep.

It isn't something on my end either because I couldn't open those images in Gimp or Paint.net either. Strangely I was still able to view those images in my Firefox browser but didn't work in Microsoft Edge. I ended up using Windows Paint (since XnConvert couldn't read those images either) to save them as an png then converted them with XnConvert back to a webp.
For me the game doesn't complain, displays the images.
Though it's true that if you extract them, 1, 2 and 6 are kinda corrupt - GIMP, Krita, even Chrome fails to properly open them.

Could also be a corrupt dl. Maybe see if checksum matches?
sha1: 30997c725161df91504e887c8fe16fb394e3204d
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: frozenfeet

jetama

Oct 28, 2020
Anyone else having the issue where Ren'Py says it can't decode an webp image? I started a new game and it happened right at the start of the game so far it has been image 001.webp, 002.wep, 006.wep.

It isn't something on my end either because I couldn't open those images in Gimp or Paint.net either. Strangely I was still able to view those images in my Firefox browser but didn't work in Microsoft Edge. I ended up using Windows Paint (since XnConvert couldn't read those images either) to save them as an png then converted them with XnConvert back to a webp.
are you on mac? i have this problem on mac when launching through the renpy launcher, had to run it through the .app file itself

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
For me the game doesn't complain, displays the images.
Though it's true that if you extract them, 1, 2 and 6 are kinda corrupt - GIMP, Krita, even Chrome fails to properly open them.

Could also be a corrupt dl. Maybe see if checksum matches?
sha1: 30997c725161df91504e887c8fe16fb394e3204d
I did the sha1 check and they do match. This is the second one I have had image corruption in the other one was "The Adventurous Couple".

Maybe something has changed in the webp image format that hasn't been implemented in some image editors yet? I can still see the preview icon of the image as well.

I did upgrade the game to Ren'Py 7.4.6 maybe that version is more picky about how the image format is done so I reverted back to the original.

Well it just occurred to me those images must be corrupted for them not to show up in Chrome since isn't Google the author of the webp standard?

Also got this error at the interview at the Realtor office.
I looked through the video folder and didn't see it so maybe it is an extra scene that needs to be downloaded?

are you on mac? i have this problem on mac when launching through the renpy launcher, had to run it through the .app file itself
No I am using Windows 10. You couldn't pay me enough to use an apple product :ROFLMAO:.

Last edited:

Salami Pasta

Apr 4, 2020
I did the sha1 check and they do match. This is the second one I have had image corruption in the other one was "The Adventurous Couple".

Maybe something has changed in the webp image format that hasn't been implemented in some image editors yet? I can still see the preview icon of the image as well.

I did upgrade the game to Ren'Py 7.4.6 maybe that version is more picky about how the image format is done so I reverted back to the original.

Well it just occurred to me those images must be corrupted for them not to show up in Chrome since isn't Google the author of the webp standard?

Also got this error at the interview at the Realtor office.
I looked through the video folder and didn't see it so maybe it is an extra scene that needs to be downloaded?

No I am using Windows 10. You couldn't pay me enough to use an apple product :ROFLMAO:.
You have some weird outdated files?
Don't see any reference to 149.webm
Interview had no errors.

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
You have some weird outdated files?
Don't see any reference to 149.webm
Interview had no errors.
Strange because my line 715 has this command: show ep1_149 with dissolve

Which references the video on line 10: image ep1_149 = Movie(play="video/episode1/149.webm", image="images/episode1/149.webp", loop = False)

Had two other videos that didn't exist either 180.webm and 181.webm.

Are you using any mods in your game? I am using Scrappy's mod maybe that is what is causing the issue?

Salami Pasta

Apr 4, 2020
Strange because my line 715 has this command: show ep1_149 with dissolve

Which references the video on line 10: image ep1_149 = Movie(play="video/episode1/149.webm", image="images/episode1/149.webp", loop = False)

Had two other videos that didn't exist either 180.webm and 181.webm.

Are you using any mods in your game? I am using Scrappy's mod maybe that is what is causing the issue?
No mods, vanilla files, extracted only, not modified.

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Updated for EP5.2
  • Added 3 scenes to gallery

I've made a walkthrough/gallery mod
The choices highlighted green give points
Merge the "game" folder from the mod with the one from the game

MEGA
Hey Scrappy I think the dev must have gone back and redid some stuff because these 3 videos no longer exist as of 0.5.2 in the script "episode1.rpy" which are still in your script and throw an error.

image ep1_149 = Movie(play="video/episode1/149.webm", image="images/episode1/149.webp", loop = False)
image ep1_180 = Movie(play="video/episode1/180.webm", image="images/episode1/180.webp", loop = False)
image ep1_181 = Movie(play="video/episode1/181.webm", image="images/episode1/181.webp", loop = False)

Mar 18, 2019
Is the only Katrina content the interrupted BJ or have I missed a choice for more? I'm literally avoiding everyone else, so I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something.

BiberonSZeta

Apr 17, 2017
Can someone verify all the download links? Some are pointing to a 2MB MSI file instead of the 2GB game archive. This triggers my Windows Defender.
Just to be clear: I tried downloading the Windows version. The Gofile worked fine, while the others link do not work for me.

namtab

Jun 28, 2020
Can someone verify all the download links? Some are pointing to a 2MB MSI file instead of the 2GB game archive. This triggers my Windows Defender.
Just to be clear: I tried downloading the Windows version. The Gofile worked fine, while the others link do not work for me.
i just checked downloading the non compressed file from nopy and mega and theyre fine just fine, no msi file.
and the compressed version from mega OK too.
im no expert, but maybe try using some adblocker?

Salami Pasta

Apr 4, 2020
All win links point to the game files, I've just tried.
You've either clicked something you shouldn't or you've got some worm infestation in your local OS :)

Smexy

Dec 29, 2017
hello.. i wanna ask why i cant run this game on drive D: or any logical drive, but it can run on drive C: ??

BOBJevent

Feb 23, 2020
hello.. i wanna ask why i cant run this game on drive D: or any logical drive, but it can run on drive C: ??
I run all the Renpy games including this one from my F: Drive without any issues. All you need to do is extract the zip fine anywhere you want and run the exe file :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey Scrappy I think the dev must have gone back and redid some stuff because these 3 videos no longer exist as of 0.5.2 in the script "episode1.rpy" which are still in your script and throw an error.

image ep1_149 = Movie(play="video/episode1/149.webm", image="images/episode1/149.webp", loop = False)
image ep1_180 = Movie(play="video/episode1/180.webm", image="images/episode1/180.webp", loop = False)
image ep1_181 = Movie(play="video/episode1/181.webm", image="images/episode1/181.webp", loop = False)
FYI: if you don't "@" him then likely won't see your post: scrappy (tagged so gets notice)

4.20 star(s) 156 Votes