Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Pretty sure they answer to Sutter from the way they said "we're keeping a low profile until he wants to make a move".
But reading again it does feel like this Sutter person doesn't control White Oak but is obssessed with the place.
The way Sutter is seemingly obsessed with it is making me think there's a link between that place and the virus. At the very least, that it has people related to or clues as to what's going on. I can't see any other explanation as to why this town in particular and not any other one... unless he's got an ex he hates living there or something, I dunno.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
The way Sutter is seemingly obsessed with it is making me think there's a link between that place and the virus. At the very least, that it has people related to or clues as to what's going on. I can't see any other explanation as to why this town in particular and not any other one... unless he's got an ex he hates living there or something, I dunno.
He is likely a gang leader. Doubt it has anything to do with the virus.

Reactions: erkper and Vanderer

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Great Update. You know i wouldn't have minded a subway station location. I feel like that's one of the rare Infection/zombie media locations. Though it would also be the most deadly. Underground for one is a horrible idea. If you get overwhelmed by an attack you're trapped and for two there's no reliable food source. It's just a random thought i had when i saw the railroad tracks this update.

On the topic of this update. Naomi annoyed the hell out of me this update. Like i get it, you have an inferiority complex, amongst other things, towards Alice but damn would you chill. Is she not supposed to ask questions and just accept that the 2 girls she basically helped raise is having sex with their older male caretaker? No one would just accept that in their position immediately.

I get it's not the only thing she has against Alice but man I'm really tired of her outbursts of jealousy and accusing Alice of things that she speculated to be true without even trying to see if it's actually true in the first place. She's also the only one doing this, too. Carol and hell even Alice, herself, have mostly been calm and quiet with all of this stuff. Hopefully it's over with now. I'm genuinely curious how the dialogue changes if you never sleep with Naomi.

Now we arrived to the place i thought we wouldn't reach this soon. Hana is definitely an interesting character. We're definitely the bad guys here and there's no way to rationalize it. It was cute how she reacted before and after becoming our hostage though. I love the abuse she was throwing our way. I honestly like her. It doesn't seem like she's tricking us and she's being nice in her own way. All i needed was to see those stats added and i was definitely going to be on board. The Marshand place also looked different than i imagined prior but i do like it more now since i visually see it now.

Finally on to the real worry this update. Sutter's group following us and these White Oak people(?) territory we just entered. Though it hasn't happened yet I'm getting some vibes that the Marshand Place where we're staying is incognito to them all atleast from what i got from their conversation. Once they find out how great and self sustainable this property is they're going to come down on us pretty hard from both sides.

I'm definitely looking forward to next update but my old saves don't work now as i tried to load some from last update so I'll be playing through again. I might play around with my choices some, experiment a bit. Naomi so far has the highest LS of 14 while someone who'll shock most of you is 2nd with 10 LP and to give a hint she isn't in the group currently so you know who's in 3rd. Alice conflict is 0 but her LS is 4 while Hana LS is 2 with 0 nerve so i think I'm playing well for the most part.

Last edited:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I'm genuinely curious how the dialogue changes if you never sleep with Naomi.
I wondered too, and the game is constantly checking if you had sex with Naomi at least once to change some lines. Although the game is pushing you to have sex with her/them. I don't know if you can avoid sex with Carol though

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thuryspochen

May 11, 2020
On the topic of this update. Naomi annoyed the hell out of me this update. Like i get it, you have an inferiority complex, amongst other things, towards Alice but damn would you chill. Is she not supposed to ask questions and just accept that the 2 girls she basically helped raise is having sex with their older male caretaker? No one would just accept that in their position immediately.

I get it's not the only thing she has against Alice but man I'm really tired of her outbursts of jealousy and accusing Alice of things that she speculated to be true without even trying to see if it's actually true in the first place. She's also the only one doing this, too. Carol and hell even Alice, herself, have mostly been calm and quiet with all of this stuff. Hopefully it's over with now. I'm genuinely curious how the dialogue changes if you never sleep with Naomi.
Ever had an overbearing parent whose personal thoughts and opinions were the deciding factors in how much freedom you got? This is likely the cause for Naomi's knee-jerk reactions.

Now we arrived to the place i thought we wouldn't reach this soon. Hana is definitely an interesting character. We're definitely the bad guys here and there's no way to rationalize it. It was cute how she reacted before and after becoming our hostage though. I love the abuse she was throwing our way. I honestly like her. It doesn't seem like she's tricking us and she's being nice in her own way. All i needed was to see those stats added and i was definitely going to be on board. The Marshand place also looked different than i imagined prior but i do like it more now since i visually see it now.
Sure there is. It was a matter of survival. Hana exercised her right to choose not only self-preservation and safety over that of total strangers, but to also be a cunt about it. Carol then seized the upper hand, and the group has abused it just enough to keep themselves alive. What would you have done in their shoes?

Last edited:

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Ever had an overbearing parent whose personal thoughts and opinions were the deciding factors in how much freedom you got? This is likely the cause for Naomi's knee-jerk reactions.

Sure there is. It was a matter of survival. Hana exercised her right to choose not only self-preservation and safety over that of total strangers, but to also be a cunt about it. Carol then seized the upper hand, and the group has abused it just enough to keep themselves alive. What would you have done in their shoes?
Well for one Naomi was way too aggressive and literally admits to it so i don't know why you're trying to rationalize it or defend her behavior toward Alice when she acknowledged it herself this update. If she would have remained calm there wouldn't have been any tension.

To address your last part. It doesn't matter what i would've done in their shoes. You act like she suppose to be happy that someone is essentially trying to take her home from her. Her being a "cunt" was right on her part. But if you must know, I would have killed her immediately in that situation. That's what i would've done in their shoes. Does that answer your question?

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I wondered too, and the game is constantly checking if you had sex with Naomi at least once to change some lines. Although the game is pushing you to have sex with her/them. I don't know if you can avoid sex with Carol though

This is interesting. I have to see what else is different earlier on if you just completely deny Naomi like hardcore.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Don't you have to love Carol?
I mean, i don't think anyone said that Carol shouldn't have did said thing in that scene. I just said that we was definitely the bad guys in this case. Hana's reaction to it all and her being a "Cunt" was definitely her right. She wasn't obligated to help us or let us stay but she accepted to take in Carol, Naomi and Alice even if she was a bitch about it. I don't know why it's weird to acknowledge that we're the bad guys in this case but we did what was necessary at the same time.

• Sad
Reactions: HansDampf788

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I mean, i don't think anyone said that Carol shouldn't have did said thing in that scene. I just said that we was definitely the bad guys in this case. Hana's reaction to it all and her being a "Cunt" was definitely her right. She wasn't obligated to help us or let us stay but she accepted to take in Carol, Naomi and Alice even if she was a bitch about it. I don't know why it's weird to acknowledge that we're the bad guys in this case but we did what was necessary at the same time.
"Bad guys" Maybe not so much. Certainly not so much in a world where there is NO functional civil authority. So they forced their way into a protected place, and made every effort to keep Hana safe and respect her right to her property. That's not bad guy behavior.

If you were the MC wiling try to ride out a hurricane with NO obvious place to shelter, how could you not love her reaction? Seriously. Carol has found her adulthood. If you look at the intensity of that storm, she saved his life.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
"Bad guys" Maybe not so much. Certainly not so much in a world where there is NO functional civil authority. So they forced their way into a protected place, and made every effort to keep Hana safe and respect her right to her property. That's not bad guy behavior.

If you were the MC wiling try to ride out a hurricane with NO obvious place to shelter, how could you not love her reaction? Seriously. Carol has found her adulthood. If you look at the intensity of that storm, she saved his life.
I don't know about not being "bad guys". The issue here is how they progress. Hana has been alone for a while (I assume - no one else at the house). She was one person against 4 people and protecting herself. They overpowered her (not physically), imprisoned her in her room, and made themselves at home (with her food, shelter, water, etc.) Again - the issue is how they go from there. If Hana is like GTFO, will they? If she can learn to trust them - will it work out? Who knows.

Also those that are having trouble seeing how the property is designed, think of a giant rectangle. 3 sides being high wall and hard to penetrate. The 4th being the ocean. Yes that is a weakspot, which is what Jack remembers talking to Naomi's father (forget his name), and how they got in.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018

Respect? Keep her safe? Did you forget that Carol and Naomi both were really ready to kill her even after taking her house? Hell the MC was too after they took her hostage. The only reason she's still alive is the MC feeling bad about doing the entire thing to her(if you choose the soft options. I'm not sure about the hard ones).

Also what does loving Carol reaction have to do with any of what i said? I never said anything about hating or liking Carol decision during that scene in the first place. She defended her man, good for her? That doesn't change a single thing of what I said. From Hana PoV we're the bad guys in that moment and she had every right the act the way she did under those conditions.

Thuryspochen

May 11, 2020
Well for one Naomi was way too aggressive and literally admits to it so i don't know why you're trying to rationalize it or defend her behavior toward Alice when she acknowledged it herself this update. If she would have remained calm there wouldn't have been any tension.
I agree that her being calm would've been beneficial, but your claim that there wouldn't have been any tension sounds like you haven't been paying attention to their dynamic.
To address your last part. It doesn't matter what i would've done in their shoes. You act like she suppose to be happy that someone is essentially trying to take her home from her. Her being a "cunt" was right on her part. But if you must know, I would have killed her immediately in that situation. That's what i would've done in their shoes. Does that answer your question?
She should at least be happy that you weren't in that group. She did have the right to act that way, but doing so helped no one, herself least of all.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I agree that her being calm would've been beneficial, but your claim that there wouldn't have been any tension sounds like you haven't been paying attention to their dynamic.

She should at least be happy that you weren't in that group. She did have the right to act that way, but doing so helped no one, herself least of all.
I have paid attention to Naomi and Alice dynamic. But like i said, if she had remained calm like she did at the very end of this update it wouldn't have been so bad. No "claim" involved. She cut Alice off at every chance while pushing her own speculation of her mother on to her without even knowing if it was true or not because of one thing Alice said years ago while intoxicated. She annoyed me with her outburst like i said in my original post. If she didn't annoy you and you personally sympathize with her that's fine. You're allowed to view what happened however you want.

On to your other reply. What do you mean "wasn't in that group"? The MC literal was thinking about killing her himself. He was quite literally in the group with them. Just because he didn't say it out loud doesn't mean he didn't contemplate it. We see it in his inner dialogue. What part of she didn't have to help anyone is so hard to understand. A woman, who i assume is living alone is just supposed to let 4 total strangers in her house in the middle of an apocalypse?

Imagine if the roles were reversed almost all of you would have wanted to killed these people just like at the school, myself include, so this "she should atleast be happy we didn't kill her while locking her up in her room and using her house as we please" is nonsensical. Let see if you would be happy if these bandit or whatever other group came in and locked us in a room. We should atleast be happy they didn't potentially kill us yet right? Right? :)

Like i said more than once already. We did what was necessary and i never disagreed with said action. I would've literally killed her if the option was there. That doesn't change that we're bad for doing what we did and she acted as anyone should from her PoV. It's that simple. No need for all these odd justification. That was the focus of my original comment in the first place, her PoV not ours. This defense for something i never said i was against in the first place is so weird. "How dare she treat us like intruders coming in her house without getting her to agree willingly". Not the in-game group's PoV btw this is from the Irl group :KEK:. Atleast the MC acknowledged what they did was bad.

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes