erkper

May 16, 2018
I didn't try not to to see what happens, but fucking your adopted daughter is not a father-daughter relationship
By "father-daughter relationship" I meant precisely fucking your adopted daughter - exactly the kind of father-daughter relationship you find in games on this site and exactly the kind of relationship was painfully obvious from the very beginning it was going to be in this game. If ottoeight isn't one for those kinds of father-daughter relationships in a VN then that's fine, but why play this game if that's the case? It's like binge watching all nine numbered Star Wars films and then writing a review that says "I don't like sci-fi movies." Of course, as I said in my first post he may have simply not liked Carol or the Carol-MC relationship specifically instead of incestuous (seeming, if not technically) father-daughter relationships in general. IDK. And again, either way it was pretty clear how the game was going so I don't understand playing all the way through and then complaining that the ending was what it was obviously going to be.

Reactions: Tavi13 and sava75

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
By "father-daughter relationship" I meant precisely fucking your adopted daughter - exactly the kind of father-daughter relationship you find in games on this site and exactly the kind of relationship was painfully obvious from the very beginning it was going to be in this game. If ottoeight isn't one for those kinds of father-daughter relationships in a VN then that's fine, but why play this game if that's the case? It's like binge watching all nine numbered Star Wars films and then writing a review that says "I don't like sci-fi movies." Of course, as I said in my first post he may have simply not liked Carol or the Carol-MC relationship specifically instead of incestuous (seeming, if not technically) father-daughter relationships in general. IDK. And again, either way it was pretty clear how the game was going so I don't understand playing all the way through and then complaining that the ending was what it was obviously going to be.
I get what you says but I also get the other point of view. It would have been a nice touch to have an option to not get physical with Carol despite the fact she's the main focus of the game. And she's not the only female you can get intimate with.

Reactions: Ottoeight

Mr Secret

Dec 18, 2019
Got no clue why but I have been blocked on Patron and it's not telling me why... only commented once supporting the game and can't wait for future projects.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016

Teaser: The Interim Domain
I figured I'd let a little more information on ILS Productions' new project, The Interim Domain, slip out. Not too much, as we're still very focused on Chapter 25 and the endings for Now & Then. Today's post is a sneak peek at the cast.

About The Interim Domain: The world did not end with biblical brimstone and fire. Or with a bang. Or an asteroid smashing against the Earth. It came with a flash, and when that bright light faded, everything cease to be.

Much like Now & Then, players will be able to name the main character (MC) whatever they want. Unlike Jack Brooks, though, the default name for TID's MC isn't already locked in. I'm sure it'll be something where the initials will be M and C (because I've already got the shorthand script code for him as MC). That's not to say he doesn't have a personality or a past of his own. As they progress through the story, players will learn more about him and his life before the Interim.

The first person you'll meet on your journey into the Interim is Mira of the Entende. She is a member of beings who serve during the transition period between the old world and the new. Since this is not her first time in such a role, Mira will act as guide, teaching the player about how this transitory world works and how best to perform their new duties. She has answers, though most may not make sense early on. Initially, Mira comes across as strange and aloof, but in time, you will come to understand her and the reason for how she is.

And here you see the major cast members. Be aware that this image doesn't include everyone, like the secondary and support characters or the story's antagonists. Even though they're all in silhouette, this should give you an idea of the range and scope of the people you'll be tasked with helping.

- Kinderfeld
Can someone upload the images again? They are broken and wont load.

EDIT

Never mind, the patreon isnt locked and the images are there.

erkper

May 16, 2018
It would have been a nice touch to have an option to not get physical with Carol despite the fact she's the main focus of the game.
Isn't this a self-contradictory statement? The main focus of the game is and always was the (physical) relationship between MC and Carol. This game wouldn't have been this game if it were not. And for the third and last time (I won't pursue this debate any further) it's fine if ottoeight isn't into such a game/relationship or whatever, just confusing. This game never hid what it was.

Jaango

Aug 15, 2021
TheInterimDomain Update Banner copy.jpg
TheInterimDomain Sample Pics 2.jpg
TheInterimDomain Sample Pics copy.jpg

Not one to spend too much time relishing in the completion of one project (not entirely, but more on that below), we're hard at work pulling 0.01.0 of The Interim Domain together. A fair amount of the development for this title was done in the background over the past year, during what little free time we had. Of course, when the big crunch of the last few releases ate up most of our schedule, development work got put on the back-burner.

Much like Now & Then, the base user interface isn't anywhere near final. I figure over the span of the next few updates, some of these items will be replaced with more customized features. The gallery won't even go live until there's a scene worth putting into it. This includes the main splash page, which will be updated as the story progresses. Mostly, at this point, I want to minimize spoiling character reveals just yet.

Story- and content-wise, The Interim Domain 0.01.0 will probably cover the same amount of acreage as the first two episodes of Now & Then (if not a little more). You'll only meet a handful on the final cast, with just enough of the story provided to give you an taste of the setting and your main character's motivations.

On Now & Then - While 0.26.0 is the final story release, we are working on a clean up of the game for an inevitable Final release. This includes code cleanup, minor rewrites and some reshoots, especially from the early chapters where I'm not entirely happy how certain things looked. As a part of the code redo, we're adding in a Chapter Select option, to start the game later in the story, and an Unlock All button for the gallery. Doing this, though, will probably make most of your old saves unusable. Stuff you've already unlocked in the persistent file? That'll still be there. But, the work to clean up the old code and add the Chapter Select stuff forced our hand on it.

Here is a sneak peek of the content updates you can expect (Chapter Select/Outtakes/Unlock):

Nowandthen New content.jpg
About The Interim Domain: The world did not end with biblical brimstone and fire. Or with a bang. Or an asteroid smashing against the Earth. It came with a flash, and when that bright light faded, everything cease to be.
The main character (of your own naming) awakens to find himself in the Interim, a realm which exists between the old world and the new. Before long, he runs across Mira, an Entede--a metaphysical being sent to aid him. From her, he learns that he's there to assist those who've yet to properly move on. As these lingering humans desperately hold onto memories of their former lives, he must help them come to terms with their existence, all the while learning about the reason for his own situation.
Thanks for your support and your interest,

-Kinderfeld

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Isn't this a self-contradictory statement? The main focus of the game is and always was the (physical) relationship between MC and Carol. This game wouldn't have been this game if it were not. And for the third and last time (I won't pursue this debate any further) it's fine if ottoeight isn't into such a game/relationship or whatever, just confusing. This game never hid what it was.
What I didn't like is that if you decide to move back to a father-daughter relationship you get an embittered epilogue with her.

On Now & Then - While 0.26.0 is the final story release, we are working on a clean up of the game for an inevitable Final release. This includes code cleanup, minor rewrites and some reshoots, especially from the early chapters where I'm not entirely happy how certain things looked. As a part of the code redo, we're adding in a Chapter Select option, to start the game later in the story, and an Unlock All button for the gallery. Doing this, though, will probably make most of your old saves unusable. Stuff you've already unlocked in the persistent file? That'll still be there. But, the work to clean up the old code and add the Chapter Select stuff forced our hand on it.
Here we are again :(. Damn.

• Haha
Reactions: Twistty

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021

Also, I don't know how you did it, but on one of my endings, if Sydney is pregnant and a lover (not the main lover), she moves in with you and Carol. That ending is only if Carol is your main, other permutations are too numerous to count.
I'll look into it (y)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
Going through the early chapters of this for the first time, this is a very good VN in the literal sense. I really enjoy reading it fully instead of skipping around, it's pretty damn engaging. The only minor gripe is with the nonchalant attitude of the MC to societal norms - "it's all just arbitrary bullshit maaaan.....", small brained take in like chapter 4 or 5, but given this is an h-game I can very much let that slide.

STJay

Jan 12, 2020
I saw it in Sydney ending too. How to get that ending?
From what I remember, there are 4 main endings in this game. These depend on who you have as your main 'lover'. Your main lover is determined by how many 'points' you've accumulated with the girls throughout the story. The 4 would be Carol, Naomi, Alice, and Sydney (sorry for you Julie and Hana fans).

Based on what I remember, Naomi has the most opportunities for getting points followed by Carol and then I don't remember whether Alice is next or Syndey.

Jonboy80

Dec 8, 2017
View attachment 1747496
View attachment 1747497
View attachment 1747498

Not one to spend too much time relishing in the completion of one project (not entirely, but more on that below), we're hard at work pulling 0.01.0 of The Interim Domain together. A fair amount of the development for this title was done in the background over the past year, during what little free time we had. Of course, when the big crunch of the last few releases ate up most of our schedule, development work got put on the back-burner.

Much like Now & Then, the base user interface isn't anywhere near final. I figure over the span of the next few updates, some of these items will be replaced with more customized features. The gallery won't even go live until there's a scene worth putting into it. This includes the main splash page, which will be updated as the story progresses. Mostly, at this point, I want to minimize spoiling character reveals just yet.

Story- and content-wise, The Interim Domain 0.01.0 will probably cover the same amount of acreage as the first two episodes of Now & Then (if not a little more). You'll only meet a handful on the final cast, with just enough of the story provided to give you an taste of the setting and your main character's motivations.

Here is a sneak peek of the content updates you can expect (Chapter Select/Outtakes/Unlock):

View attachment 1747500

Thanks for your support and your interest,

-Kinderfeld
Looking forward to your next game (yay), just not the wait for it to be completed (boo*hiss*boo). Will be waiting in anticipation.

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
I was a bit hesitant to try this one but damn... this was so good!

And that music with moans during sex scenes was hilarious :ROFLMAO:

Loved this one and now I am excited about his next game... :BootyTime:

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes